R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #3916
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah that sucks that Socal is shutting down, thats one of those historic (I guess you could call it) tracks, were alot of the big name team drivers and industry people in general started racing.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #3917
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B
Yeah that sucks that Socal is shutting down, thats one of those historic (I guess you could call it) tracks, were alot of the big name team drivers and industry people in general started racing.
That and the Ranch Pit Shop that was in Pomona, that track was the Sh!t
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #3918
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgullickson
That and the Ranch Pit Shop that was in Pomona, that track was the Sh!t
WORD!!

I had the priviledge of racing there a few time in the late '80's/early '90's. THAT'S "History". Crew there was always great, ran an awesome program.

Scottrik

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #3919
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik
WORD!!

I had the priviledge of racing there a few time in the late '80's/early '90's. THAT'S "History". Crew there was always great, ran an awesome program.

Scottrik
Dont forget the Drivers Stand and the Scoring Board they had which is now here locally at TRCR, got the priviledge to race at Worlds there back in 95'..
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #3920
Tech Fanatic

Default mike blackstock

hey all:Wow looks like blackstock has been changing sponsors alot over the last few years.From assosiated to x-ray to corally in 4wd sedan.From assosiated to crc to cefx in 1/12th pan car.From reedy to trinty to brood power.This guy has been all over the map hope he's found sponsors he's now happy to be with for quite a while and good luck to all the new teams he'll be racing for.p.s. how did his move from trinty to brood power come about?thanks for the info
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:48 PM   #3921

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

He probably wanted to go fast...
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:23 AM   #3922
Tech Regular

Default motors

hi i am going to by some motors from you can you you give me some info on some of them i have not herd of some of them like if they are suited to big tracks small tracks on road off road

Team Brood Atlas EVO 0
Team Brood CORE Stock
Team Brood GM3
Team Brood ROAR X (ROAR LEGAL)
thanks Brett
bretthitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #3923

Talking

Team Brood Atlas EVO 0

Touring car motor, similar to a Monster stock. Can be used in the same application, but I would not suggest for off road as it can be picky to gear.

Team Brood CORE Stock

Good all around stock motor for on or off road applications. A decent balance of torque and RPM without it being specific to any one application.

Team Brood GM3
Team Brood ROAR X (ROAR LEGAL)

Higher RPM stock motors. Both are suited for wide open tracks, oval, or out door asphalt. I would only suggest them for on road application, or in a vehicle that will allow the motor to really spool up and stay in a high RPM range. The ROAR X is a awesome oval motor, would be great in pan car stock oval, touring car oval, or wide open outdoor asphalt in a touring car.

For most applications, in stock, it is hard to beat the Monster or the CO27 for versitility, speed, and power. If a track was really fast I would try a ROAR X or GM3 however.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #3924
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Batteries....

Just wondering if you might be able to give me a few more details on the IB4200 WC Econo Packs. You advertise that they are 1.2+ just curios as to what the numbers actually are and also the run times. Also your website shows that your "super stock" cells are out of stock. Is this current and up to date?

Thanks alot guys....
GRIPWORKS RC - R1WURKS CANADA
FIVE 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #3925

Talking

Super Stock cells are currently out of stock. We should have more available in the near future. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, we hope to have more in soon. We do have many higher runtime packs for sale.

Economy packs are described as they come, 1.2+ volts. It can be anything from 1.201 to 1.250. Most cells are 400-419 seconds, with some being higher depending on how our matching process worked out. These cells are superior to buying non matched IB4200WC cells because they have gone through the cell matching process, so the voltage is higher than what you'd find if you just bought bulk cells from one of the cheap battery companies (plus they are labeled..so you know what you're really getting.) Each cell is voltage checked to ensure they are good prior to arrival.

As we match packs we are often left with 1-3 cells in a runtime grouping that are orphaned out. These get dumped into a bin, I go through the bin and match voltage relative the best I can (within .10v) and within usually 10 seconds of one another...these become the Economy packs. They are excellent packs, but are not matched to the level of our race packs. Because of this voltage varies greatly and we cannot guarantee any numbers OR list what is available due to the volume of cells and packs we deal with.

Cells that cannot be put into Economy packs are sold as bulk cells.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #3926
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Battery Packs

That's great, thanks for the info. What would be the internal resistance on those Econo Packs? Is it O.K for me to phone and talk to you directly re-packs? Also, what's your guess on how long untill the Super Stock packs would be in again?

Thanks again,

Brent
GRIPWORKS RC - R1WURKS CANADA
FIVE 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #3927

Telephone support will be spotty the next couple days as we are moving Brood to a new facility over the next 4 days.

IR on the Economy pack cells is the same as our race packs, 1.4-1.8 is typical.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #3928
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to marzz23
Default order status

hi,
i was trying to check on my order stratus? order #3144 a 40 turn checkpoint crawling motor. thanx
dave marsh
[email protected]
marzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:19 AM   #3929
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Peter Robinson... YGPM.. (Urgent!!)
Old 06-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #3930

Quote:
hi,
i was trying to check on my order stratus? order #3144 a 40 turn checkpoint crawling motor. thanx
dave marsh
It should be to you shortly. This last week we were in the process of moving which has delayed some orders being assembled as we're organizing and finding stuff again. You will see it soon!

We are almost done moving, first of this week we should be done.