R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #3691
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Take your time and make mine extra special All I'll be doing is some club racing with it. I can't wait to see what it can do though.

rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114106
ky_savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #3692
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just recieved my order. NICE...

However I do need some guide. The Br00d 23T seems show very different result on my CTX-M compare with other 23T motor. I guess the powerband is very different and I've no clue where to start on gearing. Any Br00d ppl able to give me a hint on gearing Br00d 23T?

Track is small asphalt with lots of 90-180 corner (about 2/3 size of Snowbird)
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #3693
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default snowbirds update.

brood drivers are looking good at the snowbird nationals in florida right now after 1 round.

Travis Schreven- currently 3rd stock foam (fastest lap yet at 10.5)

Travis Schreven- Currently 2nd 19T foam (4 sec. back from Atsushi Hara)

Billy Easton- Currently 3rd 19T foam
Ralph Burch- Currently 8th 19T foam

Mod Foam:

4. Ralph Burch- Brood CPoint 7x1- SMC IB4200WC
6. Chris Tosolini- Brood CPoint 7x1- Brood IB4200WC
14. Billy Easton- Brood V2 7x1- Brood IB4200WC

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:55 PM   #3694
Tech Elite

Gooo team Br00d!

Lay it down Micro!
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #3695
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso
I just recieved my order. NICE...

However I do need some guide. The Br00d 23T seems show very different result on my CTX-M compare with other 23T motor. I guess the powerband is very different and I've no clue where to start on gearing. Any Br00d ppl able to give me a hint on gearing Br00d 23T?

Track is small asphalt with lots of 90-180 corner (about 2/3 size of Snowbird)
i would say go 1-2 teeth smaller than you normally run on your other 23t's and go from there.. its better to start off small then blow the motor..haha.. try it out on the track and then let us know how you like it..

as for everyone waiting on orders concerning stocks, 19t's and 23t's i am busting ass trying to get them all out and caught up so be patient since you will be recieving your "jenkins" tuned brood motors shortly.lol
Old 02-10-2007, 02:21 AM   #3696
Tech Elite

also for everyone to know . when we get backed up on orders we start from oldest and work or way to the new.. so if you order while we are behind then you are waiting in line in a way. once agian be patient trying hard to get all of these orders done as i am in school and have to work really weird hours.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #3697
Tech Rookie

Default Ground Beef vrs. Steak

The amount of posts concerning people's order's in my opinion should send up some red flags to the Owner of Brood. It maybee hard to find motor builder's, battery matcher's etc.. that can produce the quality that folks are raving about. I am just courious if anyone can be hired and trained to help fill orders faster. I understand you folks want to keep quality at a peek. And that is a good thing. For a company to grow and flurish you have to grow your staff as demands increase. Unless you are happy with the current income LVL of said Co. In this computer age folks orders with most company's go out in a day or two. But these item's rarely if ever get "Custom Built". A possible idea would be to have is to add a disclaimer when folks order letting them know what the current average wait time is. Then at that time they would have a choice to order from that company or another. Not every racer has a big budget to order spare motor's etc. on the club lvl.. So if they happen to burn up a motor and need one in a hurry.... Also it would be cool to have someone someone 9-5 to answer the phones, even if it is to take a message. Then then Builders would not have to stop all the time to do so. Getting a mailbox full message from a Co. with a 2 page spread in a Magazine blows me away. Please, do a one page spread and take the rest of the money and hire someone to answers the phone's and check order status for folks. This would do nothing but improve the Co.. Please view this post as constructive critisizim. I have placed 3 order's so Far with Brood with mixed results. I am making this post here because as with the other's I have placed emails with no reply's, and phoned to get no answer. It seems if you want a response from this Co. in a timely manner you have to post here. In public. I may be completely off base to some but this is just how I see it. I really want to stand behind Brood and their Products like others have on this forum. But unfortunatly it's gonna be hard to do unless the Co. become's better staffed to fill order's or even just to have someone answering the phone. It's awsome that you folks are winning races. It means your products are top notch. But when the Snowbirds are over etc. And people want your race products..It's even gonna take longer to get stuff without an increase in staff. This is just my 2 cents worth..wich is most likey just worth just that...2 cents

Last edited by Bugg_zy; 02-12-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Bugg_zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #3698
kfa
Tech Apprentice

Default Cobalt 27

Any news on when the Cobalt 27 will be back in stock ?

//Kaare
kfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:07 AM   #3699
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg_zy
In this computer age folks orders with most company's go out in a day or two. Not every racer has a big budget to order spare motor's etc. on the club lvl.. So if they happen to burn up a motor and need one in a hurry.... Also it would be cool to have someone someone 9-5 to answer the phones, even if it is to take a message.
The computers dont build the motor's.

I dont race on a big budget and I carry one spare motor, I just know how to maintain my motor's to prevent them from burning up. If I have a problem with motor one and dont have time to fix it them I will replace it with my backup. And yes I race on a club level.

More employees equals a larger overhead and equals to a higher price of a product. They are working on all orders, just dont order when you need it when they are backed up or during big events.
nwilcox88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #3700
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Believe it or not, employees wanting to work in the RC industry are few and far between....hiring a person who has no clue about RC does little, as the people calling maybe 20% time want to know about order status....most of the time, they want to talk about how their oval car lacks straight away speed and the diff is chirping knack knacks or whatever......so this pulls a guy off the line to answer the questions....

As for my ad, I got a special deal, so cutting it would do little towards an employee....

The good news is, I found a guy who willing to take the job......Wes Briscoe, a local racer started today. Wes won't be building motors, filling orders, or any of that......he is here to answer phones, respond to emails, improve tech support, etc, etc etc...

The sit going to be majorly updated, including an expansion in the products we sell....brood will soon be a full stop for all the popular brands of products from xray, jaco, losi, and more....

We also are updating a customer service system, to provide more information on your order......

And we also will be working on getting our products into more stores, so you will be able to just walk down and buy your favorite brood products.....

And in our defense, the website says 2-14 business days when you order.....

We probably would have more time to check order stuff, but we literally get people bugging us the day after the order is placed......if they simply would of read the order checkout, they would of seen it takes a bit to ship.

So while we have been late......we always produce a quality product and always stand behind the product 100%....

The main thing to remember, we are never going to be a slam bam thank you mam motor company.....our stuff takes time....it either meets the spec or doesn't ship.....everything is assembled as ordered....other motor companies get a case of stocks in....they build them all in one day, and they sit till ordered.....we don't do it like that and we never will. Modifieds are wound to order a majority of the time, but sometimes we have the wind done from a changed mind......

And CO27 motors are supposedly on the way.....I will be giving trinity a phone call tomorrow....

Later EddieO (the owner, who doesn't need the money.....just loves the sport)
Old 02-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #3701
Tech Elite

just so everyone knows... all the orders retianing stocks and 19t's and tools, brushes and batteries( every order that didnt have a mod motor on them) i finished tonight and they will ship tommorrow on the 13th.. these orders of which i am speaking of are every order up to the 12th of feb. today... they are all going to be shipped tommorrow.. so now that i am cuaght up on my part i am going to be assisting with the mod orders and getting all of those out as well..

also.. co27's are back in stock and will be put back on the site asap...

so no more complaining if you ordered anything that doesnt pertian to modifieds.lol
Old 02-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #3702

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Hello everyone,

Customer orders will begin to go out faster now. I am in the process of organizing and situating the shop so I can a) answer questions quicker, and b) make sure orders are organized in a way that gets them out the door faster.

Like Eddie said, he's brought me on to get the production flowing. It's going to take a few days to get the ball rolling and get situated but once we're done, you'll hear more about your order, your questions will get answered faster, and most important you will see your order sooner.

We're going to make the web site more dynamic with more product available so you have to do less shopping around. You'll be able to buy your parts from us and get the best motors and batteries around.

The web site is also going to be more useful for product support and order related issues, most of your questions will eventually all be able to be answered through the site 24/7.

I am going to bring regular hours to the shop so you know when someone should be around when you call. This should also make us more accessible.

The guys have already put some systems in place to make sure your order status is updated on the web site as it goes through the production process, you will now know if the order is being processed, assembled, or has shipped.

If you have a product specific question, motor tuning question, or any NON order related question please post them here. If you want your questions regarding orders answered you need to EMAIL US or call the shop.

Please do not post order status questions on the thread. They may not get answered in a timely fashion.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #3703
Tech Adept

Mr. Wes in the brood house, that can only mean good things. That is a solid hire Eddie, and if people do not know Wes, he is a stand up person and is always personable, well atleast he is to the canucks up north

I guess on the downside Wes is going to have a even faster stock motor...
6g72tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #3704
Tech Regular

hi wes
im wanting a 19t checkpoint setup for carpet 1/10 touring
when i place my order how long before i get it here in the uk.
many thanks gary
pug 205 gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #3705
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Stocks and 19t motors go out fairly fast....I would say by the end of the week at the latest....

Later EddieO