R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #3616
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRacer
Ram-Being just 2 days removed from the Novak race they are probally playing a lil catch up.
I would try to call tomorrow.

Les
Cool thanks Les.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #3617
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

checkpoint infinity brushes back in stock...

-garrett
Old 01-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #3618
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6g72tt
Hey Peter & Garrett,

This is Jag from up North, also know as the guys that like to offroad there touring cars at peel-it.

I was thinking of trying out one of the checkpoint mods, (normally I have been running v2's) and was wondering what brush life is like and how often you should change the brushes for maximum performance vs. club racing. And also if there is any tips or tricks you have for maintenance and tuning.

Any help would be appriciated.

PS. when is the next club race you guys are holding, we are thinking about coming down for a weekend to run offroad on sat and onroad on sunday... Is the turnout pretty good?
Can someone please give me some insight on this?
6g72tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #3619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

if you run the infinity brush you can run them for more then 10 runs and they work awesome till they are even really small.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #3620
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

sorry i must have missed that too..

club races, just clean the brush and cut the comm every run, reuse the brush untill its almost gone..lol

max performance..cut comm every run and new brushes every run,

break new brushes in for 10 min at 1.5v

used brushes for 1-2 min
keep these motors clean...they like that

as for races saturday racing offroad every weekend(pretty good nitro turnout)
sunday onroad is picking up but most likey not this weekend cause of the seahawks game

hope that helped ya out
Old 01-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #3621
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
sorry i must have missed that too..

club races, just clean the brush and cut the comm every run, reuse the brush untill its almost gone..lol

max performance..cut comm every run and new brushes every run,

break new brushes in for 10 min at 1.5v

used brushes for 1-2 min
keep these motors clean...they like that

as for races saturday racing offroad every weekend(pretty good nitro turnout)
sunday onroad is picking up but most likey not this weekend cause of the seahawks game

hope that helped ya out
Do you need to change the spring or do you just use the much more shims? I presume as the brush gets smaller the spring tension will change.

And what about gearing, what would the like for a average sized track with a good flow on a 7 or 8 turn? do they like to run hot, should i run fans on the end bell?
6g72tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #3622
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

u can use the v2 3.8 springs, they will let you go down to a short brush,

not sure on gearing...i heard it all weekend what people were running but im still out of it and cant remember anything..lol
Old 01-10-2007, 07:12 PM   #3623
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare

Jeff, ygpm.
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #3624
Tech Apprentice

Default No response on order

Eddie,

Not sure what's happening at Team Brood, but I placed an order for a new 1/12th scale motor with Team Brood and sent payment via Paypal on January 2nd and I haven't received my order or any type of communication or response. I've sent multiple e-mails, but have received no response. I also tried contacting the phone number listed on the website, but it indicates the mailbox is full (and it has been full for more than a week). If you or your employees read this forum, I'd like a refund at this point. Feel free to PM or e-mail me, and I'll contact Paypal to get the process started.

Cheers...
rcoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #3625
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare

Im not Eddie, but witht the mod motors it takes a little more time, because they have to build the motor to order, which takes some time because of everything that has to be done. (wind, epoxy, balance, tune, ect.) I know from my own experance that its well worth the wait, there stuff is top notch. Hope this helps.

ryan
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #3626
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

As per the site, orders ship in 2-14 business days....

Modifieds usually take the 14 days......as they are built from the ground up when ordered....

Later EddieO
Old 01-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #3627
Tech Regular

Eddi0,

Wat up check this order number for me 2497 let me know if it was sent out.

Peace
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #3628
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoldman
Eddie,

Not sure what's happening at Team Brood, but I placed an order for a new 1/12th scale motor with Team Brood and sent payment via Paypal on January 2nd and I haven't received my order or any type of communication or response. I've sent multiple e-mails, but have received no response. I also tried contacting the phone number listed on the website, but it indicates the mailbox is full (and it has been full for more than a week). If you or your employees read this forum, I'd like a refund at this point. Feel free to PM or e-mail me, and I'll contact Paypal to get the process started.

Cheers...
i also feel your pain! i am a first time customer that placed an order for a 19 turn komodo (order number 2485) on 01/04/07 and cant get a response even via e-mail to see if it even shipped or was started. i too tried the phone number with no luck! this is very dissappointing when the little guys like me cant get a motor after two weeks along with waiting for over a month to see them in stock. i would love to get my money back and go elsewhere but i cant even get in touch with the company to express my concerns, so i have to go to a public forum to do so. feel free to pm me or e-mail me with at least a status on where my stuff is
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #3629
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Jallshouse,rccoldman-
Guys Im not saying they have done a great job of getting back to you but please understand something.
This is not a Production LINE company like Trinity,Reedy,or Orion/Peak.
This is a Aftermarket tuning company.
It says plan as day on their website that shipments can take 2-14 days to SHIP........
The reason they say this is they unlike ALOT of other companies attend BIG races so they can help team drivers and non team drivers with technical support and tuning help.
Well when they do this service to the racing end of things it leaves their office pretty bare.Again you missed the print on the page about shipping and they have missed getting back to you.
Team Br00d is a great company making great motor's.The Novak race was recent and getting caught up on orders placed while there are being filled.

P.S.If you look up 2 postings you will see Eddie O.Umm thats the Owner.lol.
Ask him.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #3630
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jallshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRacer
Jallshouse,rccoldman-
Guys Im not saying they have done a great job of getting back to you but please understand something.
This is not a Production LINE company like Trinity,Reedy,or Orion/Peak.
This is a Aftermarket tuning company.
It says plan as day on their website that shipments can take 2-14 days to SHIP........
The reason they say this is they unlike ALOT of other companies attend BIG races so they can help team drivers and non team drivers with technical support and tuning help.
Well when they do this service to the racing end of things it leaves their office pretty bare.Again you missed the print on the page about shipping and they have missed getting back to you.
Team Br00d is a great company making great motor's.The Novak race was recent and getting caught up on orders placed while there are being filled.

P.S.If you look up 2 postings you will see Eddie O.Umm thats the Owner.lol.
Ask him.
i didnt miss the print on the page, and it conflicts with the message that came up on the site after i placed my order that said 2 to 10 days, thats tomorrow, and i havent even gotten an order comfirmation.....thats my concern, i spent my hard earned money, so i should expect at least a reply to my numerous e-mails (in both formats on the site) saying sorry, we are busy and we will get it out to you as soon as we can. in my opinion its not the time it takes to get a good product, its how a person is treated from the time an order is placed until the item is recieved. i should have been more clear with my first post that i am unhappy becuase i feel i have been ignored, not becuase i dont have the motor in my car. i am not trying to start a big old fight on here, but i do have the right to express my opinion on my service so far, and i am glad you had a good experiance, but at least now someone is listening to my problem and i am sure i will get it resolved
jallshouse is offline   Reply With Quote