R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-27-2004, 02:13 PM   #301
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nick111

To my understanding, Team Br00d motors are meant (sp?) for onroad, but before i buy a v2 19t i wanted to know how well they would perform offroad, i run a 13x2 v2 offroad now, and wanting to get back into the 19t class i would liek to run a br00d motor instead of a factory motor.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:09 PM   #302
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Br00d motors are built however you want. We build them to the class you are running.

Now, on the V2 19t....I dunno on offroad with a v2 19t though. Unless your after less maintence, I would go with the Reedy Kr based 19t.....

One of my top drivers is a big time offroad guy who has placed well at national events. He has helped us test and develop our products to meet the offroad market.

When our new website is up(soon, soon!), a feature we will be having is the ability to tell us to tune your motor to either offroad, 1/12th scale, onroad carpet, onroad asphalt, or backyard basher!

Email me direct and I will get you setup with a motor for Offroad...

Later EddieO
Old 11-27-2004, 03:28 PM   #303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Mr Jolly,Bosscat-Dont make me say this but I TOLD YOU SO.lol.
Just kidding guys and please dont think for one minute I was saying you guys werent experienced in racing or the technical side of it but I knew that mid 9's-10's were off.
Im super glad you guys found the gearing for it and hope it works great.You might even try some Tribo on the motor to help reduce the heat.Mike Reedy Swears by them and I have used them and like them alot as well.
On stock motor's be VERY careful.You dont wanna use it on a motor you have used ANY other comm drop on.If so cut the comm well and use new brushes.When it comes to stock it just needs a single drop and then worked around by hand.You wont notice a HUGE performance gain or anything but it does help with efficiency,lil bit of power and due to the better efficiency It will lower the overall heat of the motor and save brushes and comms.
On mods you can use more due to the higher RPM of the motor.
I use it on bushing and bearings as well with great success.
Goodluck guys across the sea and I hope it works out well for ya.

Nick111- It's not that Eddie(Team Br00d) motor's are tuned specifically for onroad sedan its just what most of the guys posting here run right now either due to season or what they prefer.I have had great success with Br00d Motor's in offroad as well as fellow racers in the U.S. that I know using his mods and stocks in offroad.The only person that really may need a special motor is 1/12th scale guys.
Alot of tuners will use simply a brush or spring combo for a specific type or racing.If you wanna email eddie what motor or motor's your wanting and the type of racing you do he will do his best to tune them for THAT TYPE of racing.
Great Service and Great Motor's.I know you will like the attention he pays to each motor and pretty much the guarantee of being fast.Goodluck racing Nick and when you have time try one.You wont be disappointed.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:33 PM   #304
Tech Regular

its not that i am after less maintence ( thats always a plus tho since changing brushes and cutting the comm every week is not an option) its just that i like the v brush efficeincy and the amount of punch throughout the race that some laydowns motors cant provide. I hear that the Reedy motors eat brushes like a cow eats grass, is this true with your motors. also i would nt be ordering it till after christmas since this is a bad time for me but would really like to run a br00d motor since i hear nothing but good about them.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:44 PM   #305
Tech Elite

Peter Robinson ran the SAME pair of 767 brushes in his 19t at the paved nationals in the 4th and 5th qualifiers, along with all three mains. His car had crazy rip and never faded....he finished 7th overall against some of the best drivers in the world.

One question though, does your track just say 19 turns....or does it have to be 19 turns of 19 guage wire? If it allows it, you should let me wind you up a 19 turn with 18.5 guage wire...things are stupid fast.

Later EddieO
Old 11-27-2004, 06:50 PM   #306
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Brandon Krell Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Krell

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
Peter Robinson ran the SAME pair of 767 brushes in his 19t at the paved nationals in the 4th and 5th qualifiers, along with all three mains. His car had crazy rip and never faded....he finished 7th overall against some of the best drivers in the world.

One question though, does your track just say 19 turns....or does it have to be 19 turns of 19 guage wire? If it allows it, you should let me wind you up a 19 turn with 18.5 guage wire...things are stupid fast.

Later EddieO
Wouldn't that kind of be cheating?
Brandon Krell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 06:56 PM   #307
Tech Regular

we have a 19t class and there is no real inspection for club races, its pretty much 19t anything goes. if he ran for 5 runs on the same pair, thats good enough for me. how much are those and is 18.5 guage really that much faster than 19 guage?
Old 11-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #308
Tech Elite

It's hardly cheating....lots of tracks just require it be 19 turns, they don't if its a single, double or triple. Customers came to me asking for it, so I wound it up. I will NOT put a 19t SPEC tag on it though. We mark ALL of the arms, 19x1 18.5g

On average, the 18.5 guage arm shows about 10-15 watts more on the dyno, which is about 5 or so percent increase.

Later EddieO
Old 11-27-2004, 07:53 PM   #309
Tech Regular

Ill have to ask the guys at my track if i can use 18.5g. if i can then i will definatly order one when the time comes and the 19 turn class is up and running.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:48 PM   #310
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up 19T Br00d

Everyone at our track that bought a 19T Br00d motor said they will never buy one anywhere else. They really rip and are the best 19T motor I have ever had. Eddie and the boyz at Br00d sure do a good job!!
Old 11-27-2004, 11:06 PM   #311
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 19T

I'm sure a couple of my club racers are going to be sporting Br00d motors soon. They just can't believe how fast the Br00d 19T C2 are.

Chad Kramer and I both ran Br00d 19T C2 for 1/12th and he took first and I followed him home in 2nd today. On the other classes, Chad took TQ and won Mod sedan with Br00d V2 (I believe), and I TQ'ed and won in 19T sedan rubber with Br00d C2 again.

Dom
Old 11-27-2004, 11:29 PM   #312
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Eddie
I have a feeling the uk racers preferr stock motors tuned for high revs & the states racers preferr motors tuned for pulling power
I think that is why i came unstuck with your monster on purple/purples??

So now i have a problem brewing??
Q) would a torquey monster be harder to gear right then a high rpm one
Q) would a geared right torquey monster then a rpm (geared right) monster
Q) would a torquey monster geared right (for the track) last longer(lifetime) then a rpm one

Most of the tuners over here are not using red/purple EA or purple/purple br00d

Is it something they know about uk driving habits or track conditions,most of them run red/grn combo(std setup)

Or do the usa tuners knowmore then the uk ones?? no usa biased answers here thankyou
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:56 AM   #313
Tech Elite

Torque motors are easier to gear in my opinion...RPMish motors can sometimes be tough to gear. Some people find it easier the other way though.

Question two is missing a word or something, I don't quite get what you are asking.

RPM is what causes brush bounce, which is what decreases efficiency because of increased arching on the comm. A more torque oriented motor will have less bounce on the brushes because the torque is making most of the power....

Of course, the local guys will have a better baseline to go on with their local tracks since they race there. If you find out what the setup is there, I could easily tune motors to those specifics. The easy way to find out is to swap the springs....see how it effects the motor. Our tricks will not be effect by you swapping the springs, with the exception we might of put specific brushes on special order. Your motors had 767 brushes installed, though I would install any brush you want.

Red/Green is a bit soft in sedan, regardless of where you are racing....I would probably never go below a red/red.

I don't think we know much more, but I do think stock is more popular over here, so there is more track time and testing put forth....not biased, just my opinion.

Remember, I work for you guys....I will build whatever you want.

Later EddieO
Old 11-28-2004, 05:12 AM   #314
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Eddie......PM

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:22 AM   #315
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

EddieO
thanks for that insight
Re;; second question i can`t remember what that was going to be !!so we will just forget that one
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote