R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #2626
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee
I just got a couple of the co27 base motor from Team Brood and can't seem to get the gearing correct. I normally gear a monster at about a .90 - .95 rollout in my Pro 4. On the first race I geared up 2 teeth over what I would with a monster the motor came of very hot. It seemed to be under geared so I gear up 2 more teeth. It came off somewhat cooler but it had nothing in the infield. so for the main I geared 2 teeth under a monster. It was fast in the infield but nothing on the straight. What should I do.
Sounds like you should have geared it down one tooth from where you were when you geared up two teeth the second time.... So 3 teeth up from the original monster gearing.
But I don't know. I haven't played with one yet.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:41 AM   #2627
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

not sure what size track or carpet or asphaultyou are running the co27 in but..

in my t2 i geared one tooth up from a monster....i might have to go up one more tooth though, but im runnin on a pretty tight technical track. carpet too. and foam, i will get you numbers when i get to the shop tommarow...
Old 03-01-2006, 01:51 AM   #2628
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzz23
starting touring car racing again, getting a jrxs. for a monster stock and the new co27's what brushes do you guys like to use? track is medium sized with a layout like snowbirds(horsham pa) also eddieo i saw on the website you have stickers and new clothes,hats etc. is that all in stock?
thx

yes we have the trucker hats, beenies, long and short sleeve shirts in black and grey. they are all in stock and look very sharp.....artwork aproved by peter
Old 03-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #2629
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCrew
Sounds like you should have geared it down one tooth from where you were when you geared up two teeth the second time.... So 3 teeth up from the original monster gearing.
But I don't know. I haven't played with one yet.
Ditto, 3 teeth up from the monster should be good. I'm running 4 teeth up on a track with four straights and five corners.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #2630
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to adootindotin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin
Im not trying to act like a big shot!!!!!!! Just remember if its not worth having its not worth asking for.
Austin excuse me but what does that mean quit trying to change the subject, you think you are a big shot and your not and you have nothing but keyboard courage and soon you will realise that
adootindotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #2631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
yes we have the trucker hats, beenies, long and short sleeve shirts in black and grey. they are all in stock and look very sharp.....artwork aproved by peter
Hey Garret, what color is the truckers hat? Where is the option to choose black shirts??? Thanks buddy!

Dom

Last edited by litespeed-dom; 03-01-2006 at 12:44 PM.
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #2632
Tech Elite

trucker hats are black bill with white foam top i guess you would say....and black mesh....call eddieo on the black shirts
Old 03-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #2633
Tech Addict

Default Cost to Maintain

If I were to purchase a CO27 Blueprinted Motor

1. How many 1/10 TC asphalt runs before I notice fall off in performance?
2. What would you charge if I mailed it in to restore the performance?

I know their are variables that prevent an exact answer.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #2634

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

jonah - do you have a lathe and other equipment to maintain the motor with?
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:24 AM   #2635
Tech Addict

Default Yes, and no

I have an old Cobra "stock" lathe that I have used (I put the arm in a can/endbell with a bearing) which is adequate for all my practice/motors I am just non-confident in using it for my one or two best motors.
I have a low end motor tester that allows testing under load for volts or amps.
I was thinking about buying two motors and after 8 runs mailing one off to be cut and checked but I am not sure if that is practical.

also, I am not a good enough driver so that another 1000 rpm is going to make the difference.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #2636
Tech Elite

Jonah, if you are running at a track, there will be someone there who will help you with a cut, most LHS have a lathe and will cut it for you for a small charge.

You can pick up a used cobra/twister/trinity lathe in the for sale section on here for under $90.

I would buy one motor (sorry eddie) and put the rest towards a lathe.

After 6-10 times of shipping it, you would have paid for a lathe.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #2637
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Like Andy said, it is a good idea to just buy a used lathe with a diamond bit for under $100. You can even try selling your stock lathe for a couple bucks to help fund it. The lathe is something you will always need, it is a great investment.

From what I remember, can't you use the stock lathe on any motor? You just mount the whole motor on and not the arm??? I guess re-aligning the brush hoods could end up being a PITA though...
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #2638
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Long Sleeves are only available in Grey....

Imjonah, on team br00d labeled motors....we don't charge for the rebuild itself, just the parts (brushes, springs, etc)....so, around $5 plus shipping of $5....as for how many runs.....I dunno. I would say probably 5-6 before you see a huge drop off....it depends on a lot of variables to give an answer.

Berescoe, the capped arms are probably gonna be available sometime in april.....right now, we are just REALLY behind in orders (thanks for all the support!).....so we are trying to catch up before we go to nationals in two weeks....

Moparsrule, we have no timeline yet from trinity when the new 19t will be available....

Yj7, I would go with a ROAR stock for that appication......you got a motor of ours off ebay??

JanisK......the Pt is what a lot of the AE guys run in 1/12th scale....but the Ti works just as well. Chris Tosolini won 2005 snowbirds with a Ti in his Corally 1/12th Scale.....the Ti Worlds is NOT recommended for 1/12th scale.....you will dump and dump badly.

Paz, a new motor will always work better in my opinion.....but in general, for most racing, just replacing the arm should work fine.

Ramyrus, the ROAR is a heavy RPM motor.....it typically will need a smaller pinion than a monster.....adjust yoru gearing up or down though and see what is faster.....it could go either way. Stock motors are weird like that.

Ashto, some time in april probably....

Mush, 767, 4499 or fbrush will all work well......in touring car on carpet, we usually start at purple/red and work from there.....for 1/12th I always start at green/green.....

Sorry for the delay on the replies.....just been super busy!

Later EddieO
Old 03-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #2639
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to marzz23

eddio,
what kind of delay would there be for an order of 2 co27's and 2 monsters blueprinted plus some other motor parts then(asking cuz above you stated you are behind on orders)? hey can you get 3x shirt sizes? thanx
marzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #2640
Tech Elite

stock motors usually go out within a couple days. i thikn we have a few 3x's kickin around, not sure what color.