R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #2506
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

It was like 321.and some change... I saw it too Dom..
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:20 PM   #2507
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mush104

eddieo when are we going to see the cobalt 2 mod. motor be for sale from brood.
mush104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #2508
Tech Regular

on the C027, the order page there is no option for what application it is for. Onraod Ashpalt, oval, 12th etc etc.
noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #2509
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Yokomo already did this for their T6 motor. But from the previous post, this is only gain nothing but add weight?
They hardly weight ANYTHING at all. Insignificant increase in rotatin mass. Really INSIGNIFICANT.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:57 AM   #2510
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Eddie, YGM
Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 AM   #2511
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT

Great job at the Birds to all who ran!!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #2512
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
I recently got 2 Team Br00d armatures, 8x2, standard, for V2, asphalt, touring cars. One of them was 2mm shorter than the original V2 armature. When I aligned it in the magnetic field in the can, it settled far from the endbell, so only part of the brushes contacted the commutator. Clearly, this was not meant to be a V2 armature. The shop was kind enough to change it for a new V2 armature, even though they claimmed that YOU said all armatures are the same and they fit all motors! That's weird, as in your site you divide them into different categories... This time, size was right, so both armatures fit properly inside the can. The problem is that they look and perform as well (or, should I say, as bad) as machine wound armatures. On the dyno and in the track. In fact, they are only as fast as my standard (Orion and Peak) 12x1 motors. This is sad for an aftermarket product that's supposed to outperform the "stock" manufacturer armatures... Thanks for nothing Team Br00d
posts like this are fine, until the last line, if you want help from us... this is not the way to ask for it...

Quote:
Bill bought the armatures from me. I bought them directly from Eddie (I can't understand what are you trying to imply PitCrew).

I have already emailed Eddie and I know that he will reply om Monday since he is attending Snowbirds. As soon as I realized what is the situation I gave the choice to my customers to return their armatures and exchange them with another armature.

The attached files show you what Bill describes.

8x2 is the mark after breakin (height of the armature is 42, normal height is 46)
9x2 you can see the difference between the 2 wires (hopefully is clear enough)

Now all we can do is wait for Eddie to return victorius and attend the matter

Nick
i cant explain why the armature is shorter, if indeed it is (the picture really shows nothing since everyone can plainly see that the stacks are not lined up, but more cocked at and angle...) if the motor left the shop, then it was obviuosly up to our standards for quality and performance.

Quote:
I emailed Eddie

Hey nninck, thanks for your support. The first pisture shows the faulty armature on the left and it's quite clear! The second picture... wow, I hadn't seen that, are they both supposed to be same winds, for the same application (I know the 2nd arm is "center cut" but what's with the wire thickness)? How do you explain this?
the picture is not clear, not at all. and the center cut arms are sometimes wound with different gagues for different turns, for different applications. you obviously dont know much about modified racing... do you honestly think that orion shows up to a race with one style of wind and in only one wire guage... guess again... we try to offer that same advantage to the public and now you are complaining about it.. great

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #2513
Tech Elite

Great run at the birds, was a pleasure watching the mod main, the Br00d motors were scarily fast

My local track is a similar size as the birds layout, so what 19t would you run given the choice? I am thinking C2.

Is the checkpoint 19T going to be worth waiting for?

Thanks
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #2514
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Peter Robinson ygpm question for ya

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:53 PM   #2515
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

the C2 is a really solid motor and is the one i would choose. the checkpoint will be solid too.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:37 AM   #2516
Tech Adept

@peter_robinson
The first picture was not meant to show which armature is shorter. It shows that on the faulty arm (the left one), the brushes don't contact the comm properly. See the dark part of the comms after use.
The second picture is as clear as it needs to be. It shows a dramatic difference in wire thickness, in two armatures that are supposed to be same winds (9x2), for the same purpose (asphalt, touring).
I obviously don't know much about modified racing... certainly not as much as you do. But I do know some stuff, I have been racing for several years and I have asked the opinion of several other faster racers, before posting to this thread. If you think I was impolite, I'm sorry. I just didn't get what I was expecting, performance wise.
billtc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:03 AM   #2517
Tech Regular

hi. when are orders being fullfilled? i made order a few days ago and havent received any confirmation
noobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:00 AM   #2518
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie
hi. when are orders being fullfilled? i made order a few days ago and havent received any confirmation
Give them a few days, they were away at the snowbirds....
Old 02-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #2519
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie
it will pretty soon. I also waiting for them to send my orders...
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #2520
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We have all the orders in......we are getting to work on them today. We would of been in the shop today, but the wonderful idiots at Delta thought it was too much trouble to hold our 9:01 connecting flight till 9:04......so we had to stay the night in atlanta and just got back middle of the day yesterday.....and extremely exhausted.....

All COBALT 27 motors will ship first part of next week.......as they are coming in then and will take 1-2 days to ship out.....these things are ROCKETS.....Peter ran one in practice at snowbirds and the thing was a missle.....

I will try to answer all other questions later today.......

Later EddieO