R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-01-2006, 10:51 PM   #2446
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

oh yea vacation fo me.....well i guess, still gotta build motors but im not getting paid for it.....

oh well will be fun
Old 02-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #2447
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

STEWARTFAN20-sorry for the late reply no the gearing shouldnt change but the F-brush will be shot in two runs. C2 run alittle hot so if you can add a fan to help out the brushes.
MIP Racing
BN Racing
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #2448
Tech Fanatic

thanks eddy

looking forward to be part of the team , new team driver/bill dolch

glen burnie mayland , racing for 25year off road , oval , onroad

now im just onroad touring car and motor tuner

lets rock at the birds guys have fun ,,,, ill be there next year

bill
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #2449
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
oh yea vacation fo me.....well i guess, still gotta build motors but im not getting paid for it.....

oh well will be fun
Garrett,

You going to FL too? Maybe you should just give me your spot on the plane if so. i'll build motors down there for free....
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #2450
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCrew
Garrett,

You going to FL too? Maybe you should just give me your spot on the plane if so. i'll build motors down there for free....
oh yea.....not a chance in hell, i will bitch but im gonna be there wil big ol silver bells on
Old 02-02-2006, 11:23 PM   #2451
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good luck to all the Brood guys going to the Birds!!!
MIP Racing
BN Racing
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:29 AM   #2452
Regional Moderator

Good luck
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:46 PM   #2453
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to trashedmaxx

I ordered a stock motor at about noon on friday the 3rd will I get the motor by the 16th since the team is in florida?
trashedmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #2454
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT

Go Br00d!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #2455
Tech Rookie

Default Rollout

I Just got one of the new Brood Stock motors and I am just trying to figure out a ballpark of where I should be for rollout. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Last edited by tdiguy; 02-06-2006 at 02:52 PM.
tdiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:55 AM   #2456
Tech Adept

I recently got 2 Team Br00d armatures, 8x2, standard, for V2, asphalt, touring cars. One of them was 2mm shorter than the original V2 armature. When I aligned it in the magnetic field in the can, it settled far from the endbell, so only part of the brushes contacted the commutator. Clearly, this was not meant to be a V2 armature. The shop was kind enough to change it for a new V2 armature, even though they claimmed that YOU said all armatures are the same and they fit all motors! That's weird, as in your site you divide them into different categories... This time, size was right, so both armatures fit properly inside the can. The problem is that they look and perform as well (or, should I say, as bad) as machine wound armatures. On the dyno and in the track. In fact, they are only as fast as my standard (Orion and Peak) 12x1 motors. This is sad for an aftermarket product that's supposed to outperform the "stock" manufacturer armatures... Thanks for nothing Team Br00d
billtc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:03 AM   #2457
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by billtc3
I recently got 2 Team Br00d armatures, 8x2, standard, for V2, asphalt, touring cars. One of them was 2mm shorter than the original V2 armature. When I aligned it in the magnetic field in the can, it settled far from the endbell, so only part of the brushes contacted the commutator. Clearly, this was not meant to be a V2 armature. The shop was kind enough to change it for a new V2 armature, even though they claimmed that YOU said all armatures are the same and they fit all motors! That's weird, as in your site you divide them into different categories... This time, size was right, so both armatures fit properly inside the can. The problem is that they look and perform as well (or, should I say, as bad) as machine wound armatures. On the dyno and in the track. In fact, they are only as fast as my standard (Orion and Peak) 12x1 motors. This is sad for an aftermarket product that's supposed to outperform the "stock" manufacturer armatures... Thanks for nothing Team Br00d
I know this sounds dumb, but are you sure you assembled the motor correctly? Like is you timing way off or something. Also, the arms are all pretty close to the same length, so I find it hard to believe that the arm settled so low that the brushes don't make full contact with the comm.
And be sure you shimmed it correctly. Sounds like you have way too much shims on the top of the comm, pressing the arm downwards, and preventing the enbell from fully seating into the can.

You bought them from you LHS? You should contact brood directly. They are good guys and will help you get your problem solved.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:03 AM   #2458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you can't get a V2 motor to turn faster lap times with a 8x2 br00d arm in it than a 12x1 epoxy balanced Orion/Peak arm - You are doing something horribly wrong in the tuning &/or gearing department.

How about buying a 12x1 V2 motor from peak/orion, then buy a complete 12x1 V2 motor (Onroad Asphalt - Tuned Specifically for Asphalt Touring Car Racing) from br00d then go and re-test......

2005 Snowbirds Champions
2005 ROAR Carpet Modified National Champions
2005 ROAR Carpet Modified Nationals TQ
2005 ROAR Carpet Stock National Champions
2005 Reedy Race Champions
2005 Reedy Race TQ
2005 International Champs Stock Rubber Champions
2005 International Champs TQ (3 classes!)
2005 ROAR Paved Stock Nationals TQ
2005 Cleveland TQ
2005 Cleveland Champions

If you were unhappy with the products you purchased, you should of shot an email off to [email protected] and I'm certain Eddie would of helped you and got you sorted out. Br00d has good customer service, so contacting them would of been a smart move... Coming on to this thread and sledging them was not.......

Good luck and happy racing....

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:31 AM   #2459
Tech Adept

PitCrew
Yes, the motor was assembled correctly. I set the timing with a Jet Racing timing jig, which, I think, is pretty accurate. I tried 10, 12 and 14 degrees of timing. I think an 8x2 motor should be set at 12 degrees approximately. To shim the arm, I let it sit in the magnetic field of the can and add shims in the front and the rear, so as to take away the play, not to change the position of the armature. I'm sure this is the right way. After breaking in the brushes for a few minutes, you could clearly see, on the arm and on the brushes, that part of the brush did not contact the com. Anyway, there's no reason to argue this, as the first arm was finally measured and was considerably sorter than the original V2 arm.

Jack2
I don't doubt Team Br00d know how to build motors. They certainly do. But, maybe, the motors they build, might not be all of the same standards. The fact they have won so many championships, doesn't guarrantee that when I order a motor / armature, I'll get a good one. I think this thread is for everybody and every opinion.
billtc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #2460
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by billtc3
EddieO is all about customer service. like in the posts above I'm sure if you send him a email he will take care of the problem and then some....

[email protected]