R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #2101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I guess I was talking about club racing where there aren't many pros. But there is a novice class, stock class and mod class. I see guys running stock and mod. I guess I think if the real fast stock guys would run 19 turn or just mod the novice people could bump up to stock and do alright. I see alot of novice people who really should be in stock. But theres so many guys running stock that just fly by everybody. Yea, they want to run two classes. So run buggy and truck. Let some of the slower guys be happy once in awhile. I started racing in gas just to stay away from the gotta have this and that thing. Now I race both as there's better turnouts in elec. I ran a 19 turn in an open class yesterday and just had an absolute ball.

I'd never heard of a 21 motor. That sounds pretty cool. Where do you get them?

As to back to the topic, I think I need to try a Brood tuned stock motor!!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #2102
Tech Fanatic

I need to clarify that I'm talking about oval racing here,where local turnouts aren't that great,and there's not really a lot to choose from as far as classes to run.The 21T limited class is a Arcor class that only uses 21T street spec motors and 4 cell 3800 batteries, as close to 19T as I can get,and from the looks of it as close as I want to get.I ran some 4 cell stock at regional and national events last year and the best motors I had were my Brood stockers,their all I will buy from now on.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #2103
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

In this instance, integrity is the responsibility of the RACER, integrity is the responsibility of the RACER, integrity is the responsibility of the RACER, integrity is the responsibility of the RACER. How many times does it have to be said?? If they were trying to pass off a 18.5awg as a 19awg, then yes you might question their integrity, but as was mentioned earlier, the arms are engraved with the specifics, they are not trying to hide anything. Buy stuff where you like, but if you refuse to buy from br00d, you are missing out on some of the best stuff on the market. As far as stopping at 18.5 awg, that's about as big a wire you can get on a arm at 19 turns. You can get 18ga. on them but every wind has to be placed just right. Don't be so anal. If all you want to do is wine and bit_h about br00d, please move on to another thread. We don't need someone ruining the karma of this thread.
rcdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #2104
Tech Master

Lightbulb

see last post.

Last edited by UCHEATULOSE; 12-11-2005 at 10:11 PM.
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #2105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So by your logic, manufacturers shouldn't make something if it is only legal in a few areas and not all? Since handwound arms are legal in 19t oval but not any other 19t class by ROAR rules, no one should make a handwound arm? It is the same argument that you are presenting here. 19t hound wound arms with 18.5 guage wire are legal in some areas so why wouldnt they produce them. And if they are the only manufacture producing them, great for them. Sounds like they have put themselves in a very marketable position.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #2106
Tech Adept

ucheatulose,

I usually don't get in these little flame wars and don't take what I'm about to say too personnally. In my humble opinion, you are in the wrong for bashing a company like brood. I wish there were more companies like Team Brood. EddieO has been honest about the products he sells and comes on a public forum to help anyone who asks a question (whether you directly buy his products or not). If you had did a search in this thread, you would have found that he made no claims that a 18.5 wire was legal and recommended that the racer should contact the track/fellow racers about running it before buying that motor for racing purposes.

Cheating is on the RACER not on the company, period. I race for my fun and my goals have always been to get better personnally. If you need to cheat to beat me, you lose.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:20 PM   #2107
Tech Elite

First of all,

18.5 gauge 19t armature is not a "cheater" arm. It depends on the program its being run in.

Secondly, Maybe I should remind anyone that IB3800's are not ROAR legal, and I think there is a bigger advantage to running the 3800's to 3700 or 3300 than between 18.5 gauge and 19 gauge. So, your a cheater if you run 3800's? I think if they are allowed at your club, then they are legal for your racing program. Plain and simple.

Also, I really don't think that Brood would wind you a 26 turn hand wound stock motor. Unless you race in another country where that is legal by your rules. But they wouldn't tarnish their name with that kind of crap. Its not necessary.

And really dude, YOUR screen name tells it how it goes down anyway.
U CHEAT U LOSE. So what are you worried about? Let them "cheat", they won't win according to you, so you have nothing to be afraid of.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #2108
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
19t hound wound arms

Arms wound by dogs?
Is this the latest speed secret?
Is this why br00d motors are so fast?
Are hound wound arms better than terrier wound arms,or does it depend on the application?
My dog is looking for a job-are you accepting applications?
Are they legal?
DrOlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:16 PM   #2109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

Roar is in the usa, we send alot of the 18.5's to europe. that is where they use them. that is why we are a great company.....we do every order for the customer.....what they want
Old 12-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #2110
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

UCHEATULOSE, I can see your point about the 19 turn arms, because there are people out there that would do anything to win a bowling trophy. Please don't let fact that they offer something very few other companys do, taint your opinion of a very respectable company. Eddie takes pride in his company and appreciates his customers business and loyalty and would never do anything to tarnish his reputation. Give br00d products a try and rest assured, you'll be getting the best products you can buy and the best customer service you could ask for.
Mark
rcdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #2111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ok, to settle a few issues here...

all 19T handwound arms are clearly marked, and 90% of the ones we sell go into either TI worlds or KR cans

the other probably 8% go out as replacement arms, the can that the customer decides to use once the arm reaches them is entirely up to them.

the last 2% go out of the shop in 24deg. locked timing cans.

call me on the phone tomorrow and enquire about a hand wound 19t of any gague, and then come back on here and post what i asked you. 100% of the time my first question to the customer is wheter or not their track allows such motors. if they lie to me and say yes, well i will never know, but i find it hard to see how it would be my fualt if they were caught cheating at their track. if you can find a way to convince me that its my or br00ds fault, your more than welcome to post it.

note on the arms: the 4mm chameleon arm and the 4mm arm that goes into the D5, cobalt, and shock are the same thing, any motor builder will tell you the same.

ucheatulose- pop over to the DC motorsports thread to find an example of another motor company the handwinds 19T arms for the C2.

if you need any other comments on this matter, let me know

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #2112
Tech Master

Lightbulb

mark and peter thanks for the calm replies. and i have made purchases from brood in the past. my thinking is/was that if a manufacturer doesn't make special 19 turn arms than people can't buy them. now if it was 18 turns or 17 turns than it would be alot easier to tech. but a 18.5 gauge arm in a C2 can at a club race would be a ton harder to tech.

i'm not in the motor business but...like i said before so many tracks use roar rules in there 19 turn program even if there not a roar club. because i live in florida and rarely leave the state i don't know of any clubs/tracks or state series that allow anything other than roar rules when it comes to motor rules. i'm not happy that these arms are floating around.. racers will and have done any and everything in the past to win a bowling trophy and they will continue to do so. maybe you guys can post a picture of the 19 turn arms that you wind and the tag you use on your web site?

at the very least mark is aware that the posibility of that 18.5 gauge arm finds it's way into a C2 can at a roar rules race. i honestly didn't believe those type of arms were actualy being made for customers. the urban legend here in florida is most winders will send out shady arms in there team motors to gain an advantage. i always thought that idea was crazy. than i go to your web page and see them advertised. man i was hot....i think as long as the tag cannot be removed and is engraved on the arm i can sleep at night,lol. i'm just asking for the manufacturers to lend a hand when it comes to a level playing field not tilt the tables.

my email [email protected] maybe you can shoot me a pic of the arm in question? i'm going to delete my posts and leve this one. thanks bill
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #2113
Tech Elite

As peter said, which answers your question in your following post, the 19t hand wound arms are clearly marked.

They are engraved on the armature the turn and guage diameter.

THAT seems pretty simple to tech to me. It would stick out like a sore thumb. The only way to get rid of this marking is to sand down the stacks of the armature, which would also invalidate the armature as well. There really is no way for someone to run this arm in an event that has rules against such an arm, and has any sort of teching going on.

I think you can sleep now.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #2114
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCHEATULOSE
my thinking is/was that if a manufacturer doesn't make special 19 turn arms than people can't buy them.
Wow - that was some deep wisdom there dude.

Quote:
now if it was 18 turns or 17 turns than it would be alot easier to tech. but a 18.5 gauge arm in a C2 can at a club race would be a ton harder to tech.
Wrong... a handwound arm is VERY EASY to tech.

Quote:
because i live in florida and rarely leave the state i don't know of any clubs/tracks or state series that allow anything other than roar rules when it comes to motor rules.
This explains your ignorance but doesn't excuse it.

Quote:
the urban legend here in florida is most winders will send out shady arms in there team motors to gain an advantage. i always thought that idea was crazy. than i go to your web page and see them advertised.
So by your own example, if br00d was winding arms and being "shady" then why would they openly advertise the motors on their website?

Quote:
my email [email protected] maybe you can shoot me a pic of the arm in question? i'm going to delete my posts and leve this one. thanks bill
Finally some common sense. You should have kept this private from the beginning and it would have saved you the humiliation.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #2115
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I think you guys are being way to hard on Bill. He is the HEAD of an oval series in FL and WAS worried about having to look for these. Now that someone from BR00d has posted he KNOWS that they are marked and how to look for them.

He just dont the natural thing when everyone started attacking him he fired back.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote