R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #1711
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Depending on the order, it can take up to 10 days to ship.....just depends what it is....

Basic stocks, batteries, tools, etc.....all ship fairly quick, usually 2-5 days...

Mods or bigger orders take a little longer to fill.

Please remember EVERYTHING is made to order.....we just don't slam 100 stocks together when the case comes in....we literally build each motor to order for the customer....so you get a motor built to YOUR specs that is freshly built when you get it.....

As for dyno's......we use the Robi or the Turbodyno.....just depends.

The Robi, you HAVE to use a smaller 12v battery.....Turbodyno, we use a 45 amp Rivergate.

For the CS, we stopped using it for that very same reason....you CANNOT use a powersupply instead of the battery....it would have to be HUGE and even then, according to CS, it still won't work right. To help with the capacity issue, just wire up a ANOTHER 6 cell pack in parrallel....this will increase the capacity, but will not increase the voltage. You will need to find a charger able to charge a pack like that though.

All the 19t motors out are competive......the main issue is gearing with them.....they all gear pretty different, so make sure you are paying close attention to the gearing. I prefer the Reedy Motor myself, as its the easiest to tune, along with have VERY good magnets....

I use 767 on the Reedy, I think they work better than 4499 on it.....on the C2, either 4499 or the Finishline.....V2 element, I would use the Sprint Edge, Element 767, and the Atlas 767 or finishline.

Later EddieO
Here you go Vic
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:59 PM   #1712
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

thanks dayton,

thats all i was looking for.
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:17 AM   #1713
Regional Moderator

Anyone has picture of EPIC Shock Motor, because the image is not available on Team Brood website. Thanks
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:01 AM   #1714
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

There you go

http://teamtrinity.com/epic/shock.html
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:43 PM   #1715
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

we should have pictures up soon of the br00d shock motor !
Old 10-24-2005, 01:08 AM   #1716
Regional Moderator

Thanks guys. Btw is there any chance Team Brood offering any 23T stock motor later? Thanks
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:17 PM   #1717
Tech Adept

congratulations A-LO on your newest sponsor
cheston
teammidget1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #1718
Tech Elite

Which one is better : Team Brood EPIC Shocks or Pro Ti ? Both for 7 single.
Any difficulties soldering the brush to the endbell with EPIC Shocks?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:31 PM   #1719
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

EddieO what is the newest batch of IB's like
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:38 AM   #1720
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Two quick questions here.... First, how often should I change brush springs on my monster stock? Second, what size is considered the "throw away" diameter of a comm?
DougC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 AM   #1721
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC
Two quick questions here.... First, how often should I change brush springs on my monster stock? Second, what size is considered the "throw away" diameter of a comm?
I throw my coms away once they get to 270. If it was a really fast motor I may take it as low as 265 but once it hits the 270 mark one run high silver brushes go on it. No need to put a long lasting brush on a soon to be paper weight. You can usually go the whole life of the motor without changing springs unless you are always over heating the motor.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:15 AM   #1722
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Doug, C..... .270 is really the safe bet....though, I have heard stories of rocket ship .265 motors....I guess the question is, how risky do you want to be at that big race?

On a big comm motor, which start at about .350, you can go down to .315 fairly easy.....

Pictures of the shock will be up soon....sorry for the delay.

Dodgeguy, the new cells are sick......they are getting put together in packs today.....regardless of what the site says, everything is back in stock on them, so order(the site will let you) whatever you want, should get shipped out in the next couple of days....

Piyo Piyo.....either motor is good. We have not had problems with either coming unsoldered....however, the shock is much harder to solder into some cars because of its brush hoods....

Daniz24, we have tried to get a 23t stock motor in.....but none of the companies who make them will sell us teardowns, as they don't want to have to compete with another company.....I am talking to one right now though that seems to be willing.....we will see what comes of it.

Later EddieO
Old 10-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #1723
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Thanks Eddie for the info. I did order a couple over the weekend. I look forward to running them.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:12 PM   #1724
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Doug, C..... .270 is really the safe bet....though, I have heard stories of rocket ship .265 motors....I guess the question is, how risky do you want to be at that big race?

On a big comm motor, which start at about .350, you can go down to .315 fairly easy.....

Pictures of the shock will be up soon....sorry for the delay.

Dodgeguy, the new cells are sick......they are getting put together in packs today.....regardless of what the site says, everything is back in stock on them, so order(the site will let you) whatever you want, should get shipped out in the next couple of days....

Piyo Piyo.....either motor is good. We have not had problems with either coming unsoldered....however, the shock is much harder to solder into some cars because of its brush hoods....

Daniz24, we have tried to get a 23t stock motor in.....but none of the companies who make them will sell us teardowns, as they don't want to have to compete with another company.....I am talking to one right now though that seems to be willing.....we will see what comes of it.

Later EddieO
did you receive my last PM?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:17 PM   #1725
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Eddie.
DougC is offline   Reply With Quote