R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-16-2005, 03:59 PM   #1666
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Toso- you're absolutely right man, it isn't my problem. No wait wait wait..... If someone goes on a forum and bashes my sponsor, especially my newest sponsor, with nonsense that shouldn't be displayed so everyone can see, it becomes my problem.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:00 PM   #1667
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey there University of Miami Student...Its SPONSOR!! LOL

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #1668
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Eddie thanks fo the pack I bought last week from you. They were awsome!!! I had one run on them and could not believe the punch. I will get some more from you when they are in stock.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:26 PM   #1669
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

want to thank the folks at team brood for very quick delivery of my packs! can't wait to try them out next weekend
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #1670
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

Eddie,
Thanks for the fast shipping.
I could have ran my new batteries and motors today if it wasn't for the fact I spaced checking the mail yesterday.
Everything looks great.
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #1671

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

[email protected]!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #1672
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Highwayman......for the best performance, skim it, then break in for another 30 seconds or so....but I would only do this at a really big race....not worth it for club racing and stuff....doesn't hurt though if you don't mind buying a new motor sooner.....will be fast though.

Mark, we already have an order in for the new Atlas based motors.....we are very excited. They have a stock, 19t, and modified.....we will be stocking them all.....

Dodgeguy, they are on the way in....will be here in less than 10 days....you can order now, as we have already sold quite a few on preorder.....the site will still let you order.....

Kerry, motor temp is pointless if yer running good........I don't care what anyone tells you. If your motor makes it five minutes and you have NO fade and its fast, no problem, even if its 200 degrees........if yer getting fade, not fast, or dumping....then, you need to change your gearing and make sure everything is right with the motor (brushes still aligned, no binding, etc)....there is no magic to lower temp though, besides gearing and making sure the motor is in working order.

Later EddieO
Old 10-17-2005, 01:27 AM   #1673
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Mark
Ask Eddie0 again
he properly missed your post
(busy man Edd is )
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:24 AM   #1674
Tech Initiate

Ok Mr Jolly I will!

Hi EddieO

have you seen the new V12 atlas motor that integy are producing?

It uses standard brushes but at a 30 degree angle (as V2) but with all copper endbell gear and standard springs. It's also got brush holders that are closer to the comm as the bearing is held in place from outside the endbell via a circuit board.

So the brushes get max overlap and hard switching an also 30 degress angle and you can tune it to your hearts content with std brushes and springs.

Sounds and looks really good! Big Jim would approve!

They have an advert in racer mag this month

Mark
mark240973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:49 AM   #1675
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Mark, we already have an order in for the new Atlas based motors.....we are very excited. They have a stock, 19t, and modified.....we will be stocking them all.....
I think you missed his reply....

Jack

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #1676
Tech Regular

what's the break-in process like if the new atlas motors use standard brushes, but an angle? seems it might be a longer process??
dstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #1677
Tech Addict

This is what happens when the motor company and driver dont have any way to get ahold of each other...i have been trying to get a order from you right after the reedy race, your new web site i got no feed back or the countless emails i have sent to both of you....look i did my best to contact you guys way before this race..i only went on here so i would get some sort of feedback from you eddie thats all i wanted..well thanks for finally getting back to me....ya peter you hooked it up , but i was building motors for me and jason and your brushes were low too..you said that eddie would ship out more i said do it we need some . i know you that you had a race to win im not going to bother you for something that i should all ready have....my point exactly .......the people that quit they had the same issues ....me

well if you cant get talk to your sponsor you come to races with nothing to race...take care all , i tried
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:23 AM   #1678
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

eddie thanx for all the support, i have just picked up a dyno 30 what are you thoughts on this unit? and can i get accurate readings for stocks motors and what setting should i use and what numbers should i look for? i know its alot of questions to answer but i appreciate the response.

all the best
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:38 AM   #1679
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
If peter didn't bring enough brushes...

I dunno....

The fact your putting crap like this on the net....umm, go run for someone else......I've had 3 team guys QUIT because of your crap...

And Toso and my business is between him and I.....nobody else....

Later EddieO
all i wanted is some body to kindly get back to me, if you cant do it you get negative feedback, its just like all the companies that order from you if they dont get thier order out they come on here and ask weres my stuff...all i wanted to know is how do get my stuff....sorry for wanting to now if i could get some brushes,,,you over reacted to me so im the bad guy ...commutication is everything Eddie thats all i wanted...
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:58 AM   #1680
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kerry, The 20 amp and 28 amp numbers are the most important...

I look for a motor to be at least 90 watts at 20 amps and 120+ at 28 amps....

Anything less, won't be very fast.......

Also, keep in mind, that no two dynos read the same.....what might be 125 watts on mine, might be 120 on yours, and 130 on some other guys....

Figure out what a fast motor looks like on your dyno (use the track to set the ballpark)....and then go from there.

Later EddieO