R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #1651
Tech Rookie

Default Which motor ????

Hi all,

Would really appreciate some help in deciding which motor to go for.

Running a Xray04FK on a indoor carpet track.
Foam tyres 26mm, additive allowed.
Approx 20metre straight, then quite a technical infield with quite a few 180 turns
3300 GP World cells
Stock Motors

I have seen the range of Stock motors on the website but cant figure out what will be best for this track. I will want a blueprinted motor but what do you guys recommend?

Also what brushes would you recommend running with your suggested motor.

Would appreciate some urgent comments as need to order soon as, to receive in time for the begining of season.
leenoble0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #1652
Tech Rookie

Forgot to ask which springs?
leenoble0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #1653
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick shipping Br00d d00ds...

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #1654
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey eddieo
quick question i can get my hands on a turbo dyno 30, just testing stock motors what are your toughts on tis can i give me an accurate reading for todays stock motors? or should i look for a 45 not sure about the amps needed

thanx for the input
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 12:39 AM   #1655
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For onroad, I would use the Monster based stock....if the track is big and very wide open, you can use a ROAR based stock...

Our stocks come with 767 brushes, which is what we use at most tracks....those Flines are popular though....

As for springs, your motor will be tuned for your type of racing.....just select it on the site.

As for a turbodyno, just get the 30.....turbodynos are hard to find as it is, no need to be picky, especially when you can just send it in to CE and get it upgraded to to a 45 amp version for $100....which is really only need if you plan to test modifieds....

XXX brushes take 5-10 minutes to break in....I do it at 2 volts....takes a while, but just check every minute after 4......

1/12th scale motors are wound different.....we use different gauge wire to get maximum efficiency, while maintaing a smooth power band....for timing, I would start at 6-12 degrees....adjust until you get slower and/or dump!

Later EddieO
Old 10-15-2005, 07:13 AM   #1656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
XXX brushes take 5-10 minutes to break in....I do it at 2 volts....takes a while, but just check every minute after 4

do you "skim" the comm after break-in?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:39 AM   #1657
Tech Master

thanx eddieo
Old 10-16-2005, 11:55 AM   #1658
Tech Addict

Default yo eddie O

Could you please let me know what my sponser is doing ? If you dont get back to your team guys you dont have a team, whats the deal ...Toso has informed me that you said that he runs for checkpoint ..NOT TRUE, just the tare downs with your sticker on it...I went to the nationals and had nothing , no brushes, springs or stickers for my ride ..What the hell dude, Peter gave me some brushes for me and jason but ran out quickly ..shaun cocran from reedy gave the rest of the brushes for the rest of the event, so thanks for everything ...remember that you have guys that DONT pay 50% and you have toso who is your number one driver that you dont get back to either...
If you want us to run for you get back to us, let me know on this forum so i could get some brushes for cleveland if i order know...You have helped me out in the past just need to know whats going on..OK.. NO BAD PRESS...
JUST LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK...CHARLIE ALBRECHT
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #1659
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If peter didn't bring enough brushes...

I dunno....

The fact your putting crap like this on the net....umm, go run for someone else......I've had 3 team guys QUIT because of your crap...

And Toso and my business is between him and I.....nobody else....

Later EddieO
Old 10-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #1660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickrim
Could you please let me know what my sponser is doing ? If you dont get back to your team guys you dont have a team, whats the deal ...Toso has informed me that you said that he runs for checkpoint ..NOT TRUE, just the tare downs with your sticker on it...I went to the nationals and had nothing , no brushes, springs or stickers for my ride ..What the hell dude, Peter gave me some brushes for me and jason but ran out quickly ..shaun cocran from reedy gave the rest of the brushes for the rest of the event, so thanks for everything ...remember that you have guys that DONT pay 50% and you have toso who is your number one driver that you dont get back to either...
If you want us to run for you get back to us, let me know on this forum so i could get some brushes for cleveland if i order know...You have helped me out in the past just need to know whats going on..OK.. NO BAD PRESS...
JUST LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK...CHARLIE ALBRECHT
bitter... shut up...

you saw my brush boxes at the nats, they had like 50 pairs of brushes in them... i told you that i would leave them out on my table and you could grab them when you wanted (remember you were pitting right beihnd me, would have been easy to spin around and grab some...)

if it was f-brushes you wanted, yeah i didnt have those, becasue there is a newer batch that is better, i got my brushes from eric anderson, so did sean cochran... you could have easily gotten some also.

so go hit the bong and post some more useless crap.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #1661
Tech Initiate

Default New atlas motor

Hi EddieO

have you seen the new V12 atlas motor that integy are producing?

It uses standard brushes but at a 30 degree angle (as V2) but with all copper endbell gear and standard springs. It's also got brush holders that are closer to the comm as the bearing is held in place from outside the endbell via a circuit board.

So the brushes get max overlap and hard switching an also 30 degress angle and you can tune it to your hearts content with std brushes and springs.

Sounds and looks really good! Big Jim would approve!

Mark
mark240973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:46 PM   #1662
Tech Master

can some one please tell me what they feel is the right motor temp after it comes off the track of 5min of stock racing
Old 10-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #1663
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Bad Karma Albreit.... you know better then to post non sense like that on the net.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #1664
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
Bad Karma Albreit.... you know better then to post non sense like that on the net.
Lopez Can you just mind your own business, I don't like what I see here and that is why I never go on the internet because of this bullshit, Bitter words things in a weird way but thats him. Anyway not your problem so just look the other way sometimes thats all. As for Brood and me we are still under cotract and thats it. Now I will turn my computer off now for about one month so I don't have to read all the drama, later bitches Toso out!
Chris Tosolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #1665
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Toso.. Why is it that burn all the companies that you have been sponsored by. ?

-john
John Q is offline   Reply With Quote