Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree363Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I bought the Revtech reciever pack "lipo" and the switch has never worked. I have emailed several times with no response. What do I need to do to get a new pack? Snowbirds is coming quick!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
I bought the Revtech reciever pack "lipo" and the switch has never worked. I have emailed several times with no response. What do I need to do to get a new pack? Snowbirds is coming quick!
They are pretty bad about emails it seems. Bring it to the race and they will be there. See Billy bruce or myself and we can get you taken care of at the race.

EA
Old 01-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots
confused about rotors. Whats the difference for 12.3 high torque and 12.5 high torque for a duo 3 13.5. This is for short course application
The 12.5 rotor will have slightly more magnet material along with less air gap, so it will produce more torque than the 12.3 high torque. For short course I would definitely go with the 12.5 high torque rotor.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Just seen a duo sport 8.5 on trinitys website . Looks like a duo 1 but black .
Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What is a good starting rollout and timing mark for 17.5 blinky 12th scale?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 01-14-2012, 05:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm at 100 now. Timing is maxed out. Should I back it off? I'm getting walked on the straight by reedy sonics
Old 01-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

go 2 clicks + and let her rip.. or go down to 92 to 95 and crank the timing..
Old 01-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 21.5

is the revtech 21.5 compatible with a novak esc such as the brush-less GTB. Tower hobbies has compatible with all esc's except novak. I want the motor but don't to buy a new esc.
Thanks
Old 01-16-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Can't change timing on Revtec 17.5

Hello,

I was trying to change the timing on my new revtec 17.5 yesterday and couldn't do it.

I loosened the three 1.5mm screws on the end bell, but I could not rotate the center piece of the end bell, even though it appeard to be loose.

Are you supposed to rotate the center portion or the outer portion?

Do you have to loosen any screws on the opposite end of the motor in order to change the timing?

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnthonyN
Hello,

I was trying to change the timing on my new revtec 17.5 yesterday and couldn't do it.

I loosened the three 1.5mm screws on the end bell, but I could not rotate the center piece of the end bell, even though it appeard to be loose.

Are you supposed to rotate the center portion or the outer portion?
Do you have to loosen any screws on the opposite end of the motor in order to change the timing?

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Anthony.

I had the same issue with one of mine. Take all three screws out and pull the timing ring off. I just used one of my wife's nail files and lightly sanded around where it fits tightly at.

Not sure if that makes sense to you. Have you taken the whole motor apart before. If so you will prob understand.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jerz616
I had the same issue with one of mine. Take all three screws out and pull the timing ring off. I just used one of my wife's nail files and lightly sanded around where it fits tightly at.

Not sure if that makes sense to you. Have you taken the whole motor apart before. If so you will prob understand.
No, I have not taken the motor apart yet. So, I am not sure I understand.

By Timing ring, do you mean the cent portion of the end bell where the screws were, or the outer portion of the end bell where the timing marks are?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Redvet79
is the revtech 21.5 compatible with a novak esc such as the brush-less GTB. Tower hobbies has compatible with all esc's except novak. I want the motor but don't to buy a new esc.
Thanks
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXBMBJ

There are a number of problems with this "Tech Talk".

In order to be a ROAR spec motor, it must be sensored, not sensorless.

REQUIRES: Sensorless ESC

COMMENTS: This sensorless design motor works with most racing speed controls
except Novak.
Since this motor is sensored, and approved by ROAR for spec racing, there is no reason that Novak's (sensored-only) escs should not work.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

[QUOTE=AnthonyN;10179701]No, I have not taken the motor apart yet. So, I am not sure I understand.

By Timing ring, do you mean the cent portion of the end bell where the screws were, or the outer portion of the end bell where the timing

Yes. The center portion where the 3 screws are. That piece will come out. I lightly sanded around that center ring to make it turn smoother.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Jerz616;10180308]
Originally Posted by AnthonyN
No, I have not taken the motor apart yet. So, I am not sure I understand.

By Timing ring, do you mean the cent portion of the end bell where the screws were, or the outer portion of the end bell where the timing

Yes. The center portion where the 3 screws are. That piece will come out. I lightly sanded around that center ring to make it turn smoother.
That center piece was not the problem with mine.

The slot in the stationary portion of the end bell was binding against the sensor connector so it would not slide in either direction. I had to take the whole end bell off and sand the crap out of the slide area. Now the sensor connector doesn't bind with the end bell.

However, after assembling the motor, I found if I tighten the motors main screws too tight (not the timing screws), then I can't easily change the timing. I had to back off a little on how tight the main screws are and even then, the timing is difficult to change. I have to use a allen driver in one of the timing screws to rotate it.

Is it supposed to be that way?

I think I got a lemon as far as being able to change the timing. Something doesn't fit just right.

On a positive note, the motor still ran after I put it together.

Now I need to find out what timing to use for the motor and ESC.

I was using 0 timing on the motor and I think I'm around 50% timing in the ESC (I have to check that). All I know is I had to go to 5.0 FDR just to keep up with everyone going down the straigt away. Temps never got over 120F.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for everyone's help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.