Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Like Tree232Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Old 08-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

when is that Revtech X Factor 21.5T motor coming out? ... been waiting for it for months.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not sure, but I just looked at their site to see if there's any useful info. Again, they're offering a certified version for over $150 which as per ROAR rules makes them illegal. It's about time they actually enforce the rule.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Not sure, but I just looked at their site to see if there's any useful info. Again, they're offering a certified version for over $150 which as per ROAR rules makes them illegal. It's about time they actually enforce the rule.
ROAR will enforce them as good as they enforce the “1c” charging rule
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 312 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

ROAR will enforce them as good as they enforce the “1c” charging rule
We have a 10 amp charging rule here, problem is that they then assumed anyone with a discharge bank must be therefore charging at a higher rate as well (seemed to be the criteria to do a spot check, does the racer have a discharge bank on their pit bench!)

Roar won't enforce the pricing rule, problem is as racers we pick and choose what we listen to, we don't enforce the pricing rule either but are quick to ban a motor because Roar finds one or two outside of set parameters during spot checks

Either all in or all out enforce ALL the rules correctly or let it become open everything, pity we can't make up our mind on how to play toy cars.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Waztrain1234 View Post
Hi, I’m gonna be ordering the X-factor team spec 13.5t for 1/12. I just wanted to know timing people are running on the motors?

Also has anyone tried aluminium motor screws?

Thabk you

Any one?
Old 08-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

What resistance numbers are people getting on their x-factor and monster max 13.5t ?
Any one?
Old 08-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any one?
I think nick adams mentioned it in his latest video comparison on youtube
Old 08-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by magstaff View Post
I think nick adams mentioned it in his latest video comparison on youtube
i just wanted a compare what resistance numbers were on the previous motor and resistance people were getting on their Team spec X factors
Old 08-10-2019, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i just wanted a compare what resistance numbers were on the previous motor and resistance people were getting on their Team spec X factors
13.5 number approved with ROAR is 21.01 - which is actually higher than the Monster Max.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default X-factor 13.5t team spec

Hi All

My x-factor arrived this morning.

The resistance numbers 10.6, 10.6, 10.6 on the box.

The below picture is at 6amps and 48*. The marking on the can is just slightly over 45*.

This picture is a 42* and and 40* on the can. The sensor board is good as it’s within 1 degrees. Just to note that I did remove 1 small metal shim and replace it with a Teflon shim to allow the board to be a little closer to the rotor.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see this brought up over and over, but go buy an R1 V21 with an aligned sensor board, add aluminum screws and ceramic bearings and it’s over 150 which is exactly what the Trinity Certified Plus motors include. I couldn’t care less that they don’t offer it without these items; most going this far for an edge are going to buy and install these items anyway. If the rule was pushed so hard all that would happen is you’d have to buy the screws/ceramics separate which just end up costing more than it does now most likely.

I’d much rather buy the motor with these items installed by the factory

Pushing something like that which just increases the true cost for most people makes no sense.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 312 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tremor24 View Post

I see this brought up over and over, but go buy an R1 V21 with an aligned sensor board, add aluminum screws and ceramic bearings and it’s over 150 which is exactly what the Trinity Certified Plus motors include. I couldn’t care less that they don’t offer it without these items; most going this far for an edge are going to buy and install these items anyway. If the rule was pushed so hard all that would happen is you’d have to buy the screws/ceramics separate which just end up costing more than it does now most likely.

Pushing something like that which just increases the true cost for most people makes no sense.
Some rules are only enforced when there is a commercial advantage in doing so

Roar will never enforce the $150 rule, too many snouts in the trough.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tremor24 View Post

The rules allow you to add the tuning parts yourself as long as the motor by itself costs less than 150. The rules do not allow a prepackaged motor to cost more than 150 when everything is included. You might disagree with the rule, but it exists and it's not being enforced. They should either enforce the rule or abolish it.
DRTMI likes this.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The rules allow you to add the tuning parts yourself as long as the motor by itself costs less than 150. The rules do not allow a prepackaged motor to cost more than 150 when everything is included. You might disagree with the rule, but it exists and it's not being enforced. They should either enforce the rule or abolish it.
I agree with you on that, but perhaps the rule just needs a wording revision. I.e. if the tuning options/accessories are widely available separately, the cost of these items should be subtracted from consideration for meeting the 150 dollar rule. Perhaps this is the claim which has been used to keep the certified plus motors legal all along.

Consider the following scenario:
It would be legal if the exact certified plus motors were sold without the ceramic bearings and aluminum screws for, say $149. Then, if you buy these parts (and a bearing remover adding more cost) and install them yourself, it would add say 30 dollars in cost (not including the bearing tool). In addition, what if trinity also sold certified plus motors for 149 and factory installed these accessories as add-ons (becoming a fourth model of each motor to be sold and distributed) for a discounted price since the original items wouldn’t be immediately thrown away and extra tools are not required.

This scenario would in fact meet the Roar rule since the exact motor is available as the 149 dollar motor, receives no “aftermarket tuning, preparation and “blueprinting” to specifications”, but has additional parts installed which are available separately. This is also not a different “version” of the motor. So if we agree up to this point, the current motors “become” legal as long as the there is an exact certified plus available for under 150 without the option parts installed. I do not consider swapping the screws and bearings to violate the wording of the rule, but I do believe this should be clarified in the ruling to reorganize ambiguity.

So now there are 4 different “legal” models of the same motor available in the case I described, this increases cost and risk to both the supplier and dealer (likely one model won’t sell enough to make it worth selling, but which one?). Now if you remove one of the models to simplify the offering, reducing cost and risk, another “previously” legal model becomes illegal?! This is certainly a strange loophole which to me implies the rules should be revised to avoid this scenario.

Some believe that the factory installing the options is a violation of the rule, but this is very hard to argue (although should still be clarified in the rules). If I can order a motor and the parts to do so, then ask the company to install them for me, where is the line crossed? When the manufacturer installs them? What if Amain or a local hobby shop did so? I do not believe doing a simple part swap, that anyone could do in a few minutes, makes the motor a different “version”. It is too ambiguous to claim that there is a clear violation of the ruling.

We may interpret some of the wording of the rules slightly differently, but I think we can agree that rule needs additional/revised wording to address this, for better or worst.

Last edited by Tremor24; 08-15-2019 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

if ROAR is not enforcing the '1C" lipo charging rule then why should they enforce the price rule?
DRTMI likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service