R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #286
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
The Nikita outdrives are longer than XRay stock so that shims are not required.
Yea I know that... The reason I ask is I have about 5 packs in on them, and one is bent already. I thought I read in a thread that a shim will help this not happen with 50's...
Slo_E4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #287
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
Yea I know that... The reason I ask is I have about 5 packs in on them, and one is bent already. I thought I read in a thread that a shim will help this not happen with 50's...
the mentioning of a shim is for the Mira outdrives used in TOP Photons.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #288
Tech Champion

Two Seis Fans worked really well yesterday when running 13.5t blinky touring car in my new Photon EX. One fan mounted behind the motor, and another blowing on the Tekin posts (and the motor)
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #289
Tech Champion

I found one last set of Nikita outdrives -- and updated my inventory accordingly. I'm still in conversations with my machine shop about when the version 3 Nikita's will be produced. Hopefully they will be available this month (May).
Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #290
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
I found one last set of Nikita outdrives -- and updated my inventory accordingly. I'm still in conversations with my machine shop about when the version 3 Nikita's will be produced. Hopefully they will be available this month (May).
Whats the difference in the updated version? I just ordered a set.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #291
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
Whats the difference in the updated version? I just ordered a set.
Yes.. you nearly ordered the last set until I found one more while putting your order together.

The v3 design won't support 52mm shafts (by design.. it could work depending upon your arm spacing). The other change I'm keeping a secret until mine our out so no one steals the design...

I heard from the machine shop today. I hope to receive the new hotness by end of week.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #292
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes.. you nearly ordered the last set until I found one more while putting your order together.

The v3 design won't support 52mm shafts (by design.. it could work depending upon your arm spacing). The other change I'm keeping a secret until mine our out so no one steals the design...

I heard from the machine shop today. I hope to receive the new hotness by end of week.
I just grabbed that last set.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #293
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
I just grabbed that last set.
Thanks for your order. Just packed it up... will be out the door in the morning. Hope you'll like what you see.

Mira Outdrives for the TOP Photon (or other 40T pulley touring cars) continue to trickle out the door. The biggest mover continues to be Seis Fans and Nikita Outdrives (when in stock..)
Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #294
Super Moderator

Just wanted to say thank you very much for the replacement. I actually cracked it trying to fix. .... Ready to check out the v3!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #295
Tech Champion

Happy Seis de Mayo everyone!
While there wasn't a lot of drinking yesterday many of us where hung over today from practicing after weekly club racing in preparation for the Reedy race. My 13.5t tc is a missile..and a cool missile due to my Seis fans.

No update from the machine shop.. hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #296
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Happy Seis de Mayo everyone!
While there wasn't a lot of drinking yesterday many of us where hung over today from practicing after weekly club racing in preparation for the Reedy race. My 13.5t tc is a missile..and a cool missile due to my Seis fans.

No update from the machine shop.. hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Were the Seis wired up direct to the the ESC? or off a receiver pack? I note on the site it says 7.4v isn't supported... it's just I'd be plugging it in direct to the V3 ESC output plug, so batt voltage into the fan.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #297
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Were the Seis wired up direct to the the ESC? or off a receiver pack? I note on the site it says 7.4v isn't supported... it's just I'd be plugging it in direct to the V3 ESC output plug, so batt voltage into the fan.
Hi Ed.. my Seis fans where wired into the receiver. Two fans into one set of Terry plugs. I used to not believe in running motor fans at receiver voltage but these fans spin very well at 6v. Unfortunately these Seis fans are the best alternative I can find to everyone's beloved Geisha fans which will no longer be produced by the manufacture (trust me... I tried for 7-8 months).

I hope you give them a shot. They would look good in your awesomatix.

Mike
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #298
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hi Ed.. my Seis fans where wired into the receiver. Two fans into one set of Terry plugs. I used to not believe in running motor fans at receiver voltage but these fans spin very well at 6v. Unfortunately these Seis fans are the best alternative I can find to everyone's beloved Geisha fans which will no longer be produced by the manufacture (trust me... I tried for 7-8 months).

I hope you give them a shot. They would look good in your awesomatix.

Mike
Cheers Mike, I'll put an order in soon, once I've sorted out moving job/house/country again for the second time in two years...

Regards
Ed
Old 05-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #299
Tech Champion

Still no good news from the machine shop around the Nikita V3 manufacturing run. I'm trying to see what is possible to get before the Reedy Race. I'm making my maiden voyage to the Reedy this Memorial Day weekend.

If anyone doubts how good my Seis Fans are -- please stop by at the Reedy. I suspect you'll find them in many of the touring cars out there -- form Invite to 17.5t blinky.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #300
Tech Master

Hi Mike,

I still have a Geisha that only failed because one of the wire leads pulled off the circuit board. Is it futile to try to solder another lead onto it ? Has anyone been successful doing that ?

It appears that the case is spit in two pieces and bonded together ? Can it be split and re bonded with CA ?

Or, can one safely drill the back of the bearing assembly to gain access to the solder lead ?

Anyway, will be good to see you at the Reedy. I met you at IIC long ago, will be fun to mix it up in 17.5... I'll be one of Pesky A700's looking to make mother Russia proud !

Jake D.
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote