Shock Rebound

Old 11-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile Shock Rebound

Hi guys,can anyone tell me what 50% rebound means when it comes to shocks. I run a TC 5 and the setup sheet sais rebound should be set at 50%.
Not sure exactly what they mean.Also how do you measure it?
Anthony.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Handbrake
Hi guys,can anyone tell me what 50% rebound means when it comes to shocks. I run a TC 5 and the setup sheet sais rebound should be set at 50%.
Not sure exactly what they mean.Also how do you measure it?
Anthony.
It means that when you push the shock shaft in (without a spring on the shock) the shaft should come back out 50% (half way).

When you push it in, it should bottom out without getting too hard to push at the end. If it barely comes back out, then you have too little oil in it. If it comes out all the way or won't push in all the way easily then there is too much oil in it. A drop or two can make the difference. Start with a little too much and then unscrew the cap a little and push some of the oil out and try again. It takes some practice but oil is cheap so spend the time and oil to get it figured out because the car won't drive its best if you don't have the shocks built correctly.
Also, you want the rebound to be the same on both shocks so compare the rebound after you're done too.