Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Old 01-11-2005, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Good point... I may have to do that
Old 01-11-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Ozwald Bates

You might also want to consider shortening your break in time, the F-brush is fairly soft and should easily be fully broken in by the 300 second mark.
I thought I read you should break them in a bit longer on this thread

Anyway if the brush can't be broken in for 10 mins @ 3volts it won't even survive one heat where I can run at least 8 heats without maintanence with the 767's.

Thanks for all the help though, I will give the Robi a spin tonight and see what I can come up with
Old 01-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

It will survive the 10 minute break-in just fine but I'm not sure it helps any to go past the point where the brush is making full contact across the face. On the larger comm Reedy motors you do probably need to go for longer than 5 minutes due to the comm size. One more trick you might want to try since you have several sets is putting a vertical slot in the brush, I've had some good results in 19 turn with that.

Thanks
Brandt
Old 01-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: F-Brushes

Originally posted by Hebiki
EA..sorry about the delay. email was acting funky. finally got the email about the order. thanks again! received the brushes and motor.

Stephen & the rest of Team EA. any advice on how to "properly" use the new f-brushes in the monster stock? i.e. narrowing, trimming the trailing edge, spring combo.. etc.

so far ive picked up using green/red, instead of the usual red/red, purple/purple combo.

also.. can someone explain the concept of narrowing? never tried it before. im such a rookie!

thanks for the help... and kick some a$$ at novak!
I also would like to know about this narrowing. I presume that you make the brush the same at the contact point to the commutator but it gets consistently narrower closer to the shunt (not too much obviously so it rattles in the hood). I presume that this is what it is. Also, what does the center slot do for performance???

Basically I have a big racemeet coming up in just over a week and the track is ALL about Horsepower. The track is very long + wide and the car will be revving its nuts off a LOT!!! So..... I am focusing my attention to my motors. I have 2 brand new EA Motors, 2 Surge Motors and 5 sets of F Brushes. I wanna fly!!! What would be the best tuning that I can do with these F-Brushes for RPM?? Torque isn't really important. I also have the Zubak Juice too.

I'm such a rookie too Hebiki!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

F. Alonso:

Originally posted by Ozwald Bates
Hi schdp,

Try shaving both sides of the brush just a little (i.e. narrow it) and put a vertical slot in the middle. I tried this at EA's recommendation and it worked really well. Just keep playing with the brush in several different motors, I think you'll find that they're the best choice out there. If have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask. If I'm wrong on that recommendation I'll let EA correct it .

Thanks
Brandt
Originally posted by Tempest2000
Brandt,

You guys going to make it up this weekend?

I've been playing with the F brushes too. I've been seeing some really good numbers on the dyno.

I've been liking the red/green combo for both 4 cell 12th and 6 cell touring. The only difference is I will slightly tweak the touring green spring just a hair more. This goes for stock and 19 both.

I agree with EA and Brandt the best for touring I've found so far for most motors is narrowed slightly with a thin vertical slot. I used the red/green combo stated above. Also stock and 19...

On 12th I run the brushes full width with a vertical slot...

I've also tried slightly narrowed with a 3/32" hole and red/green springs on a couple peak dynasty 19's. They seem to like this combo.

On the Reedy QM's it still seems to favor the full width and 3/32" hole with the F brush. I use green/green springs with the positive tweaked a little more. (remember with the fat comms you have to spring down b/c the comm is bigger in order to achieve the same tension as on a reg. comm motor.)

Here is the what I've noticed.

Vertical slot seems to add torque w/o hurting the rpm.
3/32" hole seems to add even more torque, but you sacrifice some rpm.
Narrowing the brush reduces rpm and adds torque.
The biggest advantage I see to narrowing the brush is that it allows the motors to run cooler in 6 cell applications especially touring car. Less heat = more power...

$.02
Old 01-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys, just got back from the Novak. Tons of HP thanks to EA Motorsports. If you guys are looking for maximum RPM, we found that a full face brush worked the best. We also used Red+ and Green-. This combo bt far provided us with the most RPM....

Now if only I could have found another 2 seconds in my driving......LOL!!!

Congrats to all EA drivers, Eric Anderson, Stephen Sobotkka, Furman Walker, Robbie Michaels.....
Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So no cutting into the brushes at all?? Does that include no narrowing?? (for best RPM I mean)
Old 01-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default F-Brush

James,

It was all "Wheel"! Watching you come back from 1/2 lap behind to win was AWESOME! Motor had very little to do with it.

Vassago,

8 heats without maint? WOW! With the gearing we have been running in 19T I have considered myself fortunate to go an entire run without fade with my 767s. With the F-Brush the motor was strong from start to finish. I was too scared to run them twice (2nd time would have been the main) so I changed them out. They still look good, (no discoloration at all) and the serrations are still there. I saved them so I could test later. All of my runs were "full face" brushes.

Art
Old 01-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

F.Alonso- Exactly. No cutting of any kind. You can knock the edges off the brush by running it gently across a piece of sand paper or with a dremel. Be careful not to take too much off.

Good luck,

Mike A
Old 01-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

GO BUTTER>>>>GO BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Old 01-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

LOL!!!! What up Barry!! You were the man on fire or should I say putting out fires on Sunday night!! LOL!!!

Go Barry Go!!!!! Go Barry GO!!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

vassago
We can do a good 5 runs on these(at pace aswell) before we would change brush for new ,full face no pouncing around with files,dremels,sandpaper,scaples,drills, have i left anything out

On the 767 i can do a good 3 runs(19tc2) at race pace before they show fade which i thought was good

So we all agree that the F-line brush is good in full face mode
Old 01-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys,
? for you. does anyone know when Eric will have more motors in stock? I just went to the site to see about ordering my stock and 19t motors for regionals and they were out of stock. Nobody carries his motors here in Kansas City. So i'm tryin to figure out if I can get them ordered in time. If anyone has any info on when they may have more motors in stock let me know.
Thanks,
Lance
Old 01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Just a quick test on "F" brushes

Well, here is a little test I did this evening.

Monster Stock is the motor under test.

The first line is the MSTK with Reedy 767 (slotted), Trinity RED on POS and NEG.
The second line is the same MSTK with “F” full face, same springs.
The third line is the same MSTK with “F” (slotted), same springs.

I haven’t had a chance to tweak and mess with the “F” brushes yet. Just want to a quick and test.

I’ll try to mess with the brushes some more this weekend.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE]hey guys,
? for you. does anyone know when Eric will have more motors in stock? I just went to the site to see about ordering my stock and 19t motors for regionals and they were out of stock. Nobody carries his motors here in Kansas City. So i'm tryin to figure out if I can get them ordered in time. If anyone has any info on when they may have more motors in stock let me know.
Thanks,
Lance
QUOTE]

If you really want to order them, try superior hobbies in orlando. They have quite a few of his stock motors in stock. I dont know what kind of timeline your working with but they will work with you within their abilities.

R.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.