Search
Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Already checked into that; but, the intended location went bad on me. Would have been a similar arrangement to the Stockton fairgrounds where we had the 2006 Carpet Nats.

Closest carpet tracks to me are TQ at 390 miles and TimeZone at 700 miles...booooooooooo

Bill
Once a month drive to TQ won't be so bad

The grip is awesome lately
With lots a WGT cars to race with
Carpool it down with O.D. or Crashby

Sorry to sidetrack your thread EA

Happy Holidays to you all
Peace out
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default ORCA

All ORCA products are in route to us as well speak. Preorders are up!

Any questions regarding the product please post here or in the ORCA thread and we will get you taken care of.

EA
Old 12-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Eric,

Just wanna let you know that I got your motors in one piece!!! Was getting worried that it might be lost in the mail Can't wait to try them out on the track!!!

Just a quick question if you don't mind, what do the numbers on the other side of the dyno sheet mean? Read through the thread and managed to find out about the dyno readings.

And finally, hope you have a wonderful Xmas and a happy new year!!!
Attached Thumbnails EAMotorsports discussion thread-img_0394.jpg  

Last edited by kamenkoh; 12-22-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

EA-couple of questions

whats the fastest motor?

what is the best all around battery?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Rossi
EA-couple of questions

whats the fastest motor?

C'mon Steve...we all know they are the ones in your pitbag !
Old 12-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by kamenkoh
Hey Eric,

Just wanna let you know that I got your motors in one piece!!! Was getting worried that it might be lost in the mail Can't wait to try them out on the track!!!

Just a quick question if you don't mind, what do the numbers on the other side of the dyno sheet mean? Read through the thread and managed to find out about the dyno readings.

And finally, hope you have a wonderful Xmas and a happy new year!!!
Glad you found the answers. Sorry I was late on the reply. Been busy with the holidays. Its mainly just a reference and hard to interpret them if you dont have a dyno though.

Originally Posted by Steve Rossi
EA-couple of questions

whats the fastest motor?

You have the fastest ones in your car in pit box! LOL Just as bpalmer said!

Originally Posted by bpalmer
C'mon Steve...we all know they are the ones in your pitbag !
Exactly!

Also having a holiday sale on some 1S stuff. ORCA stuff will be here Friday too!

EA
Old 12-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

At the end of the day from Watt I was told Watt is the only thing that really matters. It is the equivalent to HP. Now how do we use this info from the sheet I assume one would need to gear the motor to be with that wattage range on that I am even more clueless
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Initiate

just got my Eam 5000 70c lipos finally..... just in time for 2013 session of racing...........
Old 12-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shamar
just got my Eam 5000 70c lipos finally..... just in time for 2013 session of racing...........
You will be impressed with them, I have 4 and they are all I run

EA, on the D3.5s, how long before and between should the motor get broken down, cleaned and bearings serviced on a 100% carpet car?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by alloyslash

EA, on the D3.5s, how long before and between should the motor get broken down, cleaned and bearings serviced on a 100% carpet car?
alloyslash... I did some testing today and they have crazy punch... i'm very impressed with them. I will give them a good work out on sunday while i'm doing some testing with my Speed Passion Reventon Pro and Speed passion mm v3 13.5 motor on the local nitro track.....
Old 12-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by trickd122
At the end of the day from Watt I was told Watt is the only thing that really matters. It is the equivalent to HP. Now how do we use this info from the sheet I assume one would need to gear the motor to be with that wattage range on that I am even more clueless
True to a point. Watts are HP basically. But if you have two motors that have the same wattage but one has 2K more RPM then you take the higher RPM motor as it makes more power overall. Even if you have a motor that is 3-4 watts higher but 2K less RPM I still take the higher RPM one for a spec class. For open class it may be different.

Sorry it took so long. Slow shipping this time of year with USPS!

Originally Posted by alloyslash

Thanks Kenny! I usually dont take mine apart and clean them. Just blow them out with air when cleaning the car and will generally check the bearings once a month or so. They last a long time since the only thing to get into them is carpet dust inside!

alloyslash... I did some testing today and they have crazy punch... i'm very impressed with them. I will give them a good work out on sunday while i'm doing some testing with my Speed Passion Reventon Pro and Speed passion mm v3 13.5 motor on the local nitro track.....
Awesome news! Glad to hear they ran well for you first time out. Usually after a few cycles they get even better!

Thanks
EA
Old 12-31-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
True to a point. Watts are HP basically. But if you have two motors that have the same wattage but one has 2K more RPM then you take the higher RPM motor as it makes more power overall. Even if you have a motor that is 3-4 watts higher but 2K less RPM I still take the higher RPM one for a spec class. For open class it may be different.

Sorry it took so long. Slow shipping this time of year with USPS!

Thanks Kenny! I usually dont take mine apart and clean them. Just blow them out with air when cleaning the car and will generally check the bearings once a month or so. They last a long time since the only thing to get into them is carpet dust inside!

Awesome news! Glad to hear they ran well for you first time out. Usually after a few cycles they get even better!

Thanks
EA
Hi EA

I did some more testing on sunday and these lipo are super awesome man:nod. While testing i blowed a tire and my rear diff on my xray t3 2011, but a quick fix to the diff and a slightly detune esc and i was the fast car of the day, some of the nitro guy was really impress in the speed of my car. Some ask if i change to a mod motor.......................... may order a 10.5 motor next
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the motor endbell timing on the D3.5s. To increase endbell timing, do I turn the endbell clockwise or anti-clockwise? Sorry for asking as I do not see any + or - signs on the endbell.

Thanks!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the motor endbell timing on the D3.5s. To increase endbell timing, do I turn the endbell clockwise or anti-clockwise? Sorry for asking as I do not see any + or - signs on the endbell.

Thanks!!!
Anti-Clockwise.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 AM
Team EAM

Hi everyone,

Thanks!!!
What Lloyd said is correct.

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Anti-Clockwise.
Thank you for answering!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.