EAMotorsports discussion thread

You're on Page 446 of 512
Go to
  • Eric do you have a good Tekin rs setup for the duo 2 13.5 i could try out?
    I'll be running on a high grip large carpet track?
  • Quote: Hi Eric

    Just thought i'd let you know what excellent service i recieved from your UK dist, i ordered on Monday and recieved my shiney new motor first thing tuesday
    Big thanks to Reubens and the rest of the team.

    Dion
    Quote: Eric do you have a good Tekin rs setup for the duo 2 13.5 i could try out?
    I'll be running on a high grip large carpet track?
    Hey Dion,

    Thanks for the post about the UK. Jason and Reuben have been doing and excellent job over there for me thus far and I am shipping another large order to them tomorrow if you or anyone else are in need of some more Duo 2 based motors.

    As for tekin setup go to the Tekin site and look for Jeff Cuffs or Jason Schrefflers setup from the Snowbirds as their cars were very fast and should be a great starting point for you.

    Thanks again
    EA
  • Quote: After 8 months of abuse my Duo1 17.5 has finally stopped working. I have been running profile 7 on spx with duo1 and middle hole timing. Where is a similar point for timing on a duo2?
    Can anyone help with this request? I got slaughtered on the weekend with my Duo 2 Spx by tekins. I was still a good 0.5 off my best pace with SPX duo 1 middle hole timing. I tried a heap of timing changes with the same gearing i was using with the Duo 1 but could not get the same rip and top speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the Duo 2 sitting just past the 2nd timing mark which i assumed would be around the 10 degree mark. Cheers Benzaah
  • Quote: Can anyone help with this request? I got slaughtered on the weekend with my Duo 2 Spx by tekins. I was still a good 0.5 off my best pace with SPX duo 1 middle hole timing. I tried a heap of timing changes with the same gearing i was using with the Duo 1 but could not get the same rip and top speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the Duo 2 sitting just past the 2nd timing mark which i assumed would be around the 10 degree mark. Cheers Benzaah
    Not likely to keep up with the Tekins with the SPX, just got rid of mine, Duo1 is said to be faster by some over the Duo2. For me the same Duo2 with the Tekin basically no timing is like a whole other motor.

    Rod
  • Quote: Can anyone help with this request? I got slaughtered on the weekend with my Duo 2 Spx by tekins. I was still a good 0.5 off my best pace with SPX duo 1 middle hole timing. I tried a heap of timing changes with the same gearing i was using with the Duo 1 but could not get the same rip and top speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the Duo 2 sitting just past the 2nd timing mark which i assumed would be around the 10 degree mark. Cheers Benzaah
    Quote: Not likely to keep up with the Tekins with the SPX, just got rid of mine, Duo1 is said to be faster by some over the Duo2. For me the same Duo2 with the Tekin basically no timing is like a whole other motor.

    Rod
    Yep what Rod posted is correct Benzaah. As bad as it sounds the SPX is outdated and will not keep up with the new crop of speed controls. The tekin can be setup to have more straight away speed and keep great rip out of the corner than any speedo out there. Its simply fast and they are constantly working on new programming (free btw) to make it even faster.

    Each timing mark on the duo 2 is 8 degrees and it has roughly 8 degrees when its at zero (center mark).

    EA
  • Quote: Hey Dion,

    Thanks for the post about the UK. Jason and Reuben have been doing and excellent job over there for me thus far and I am shipping another large order to them tomorrow if you or anyone else are in need of some more Duo 2 based motors.

    As for tekin setup go to the Tekin site and look for Jeff Cuffs or Jason Schrefflers setup from the Snowbirds as their cars were very fast and should be a great starting point for you.

    Thanks again
    EA
    Thanks Eric i tried Jeffs setup at Rugracers yesterday and the combo was awesome, i managed to get me 7th in the A main after a year out and qualifying from the bottom heat!!!
  • Thanks guys. I know the Spx is now considered outdated and i have a Tekin on order but what i was trying to do is get the same performance i had with the duo1 out of a duo2. My Duo 1 would sing with this speedy and i tried 6 different timing marks with the same FDR as before and was around 0.5 or more slower than before. My best times with the Duo 1 is only 0.4 slower than the tekin drivers so i dont exactly think that is a slow combination. I figure that i had too much timing in the motor as im guessing i have it around 20 degrees and will scale that back to around 10 next test day and see how i go. I don't think the duo2 is as good a motor and the Duo 1.

    EA, You got any old stock laying around that you want to get rid of Or do you know if Trinity plan on another production run of that motor? Maybe the Duo 1 handles the Australian heat better.
  • No I dont have any duo 1's here. Just sold the last 4 I had of my personal ones to another customer in Cali as I have been faster with the duo 2 motors personally. In 12th scale I run them at full timing and TC i run them at 1 notch below full timing. Seems to be OK to me in those places. Gearing also seems to be about the same as Duo 1s too.

    Have you gotten the motor really hot? If so you may swap the rotor out just to make sure the rotor hasnt faded on you.

    EA
  • Hi Eric, what, if any is your experience with the Nemesis motors? Good, bad or ugly?

    (Sorry if this has been asked of you already)

    Thanks
  • Quote: Hi Eric, what, if any is your experience with the Nemesis motors? Good, bad or ugly?

    (Sorry if this has been asked of you already)

    Thanks
    Hey Johnny,

    To be honest I have not touched a Nemesis motor yet. I was a little skeptical since they are produced at the same factory that made the Pulse motor but so far I havent heard of any bad stories with them. I may get some in the future to test out since they seem to be reliable thus far.

    EA
  • Mr.Anderson,

    do you have any Co27's available? I have some first batch F-brushes and I am getting ready for the nationals... Also if you have any iB4200's I'd like a case of them.










    BBBEEEEEEOOOOOTTTTCCCHHHH!!!!!

    Try and get down here for the oval race I told you about.......
  • Eric, can you give your setup with the XRay Link 11/2.
  • Quote: Eric, can you give your setup with the XRay Link 11/2.
    There are several several things that you will need to do with it. If you email me I'll give you a detailed list of stuff to work on that made our cars work awesome at the birds and led to setting some of the fastest laps in 17.5.

    [email protected]

    EA
  • Quote: No I dont have any duo 1's here. Just sold the last 4 I had of my personal ones to another customer in Cali as I have been faster with the duo 2 motors personally. In 12th scale I run them at full timing and TC i run them at 1 notch below full timing. Seems to be OK to me in those places. Gearing also seems to be about the same as Duo 1s too.

    Have you gotten the motor really hot? If so you may swap the rotor out just to make sure the rotor hasnt faded on you.

    EA
    Hi Eric, would you run just below full timing as per your TC setup when using the RS?
  • With the SPX I have also found the Duo 2's quicker than the Duo 1's.

    Roughly the same top-end but the Duo2 seemed to hava more mid-range acceleration.

    My duo2 is sat midway between the 2nd and 3rd + timing mark. If each mark is 8 degrees then its 20 degrees advanced at 5.9 on a medium / small track doing 14.8 second laps (duo1 i use to gear at same track at 5.6), there was a tekin there this week (who was running a duo) and his fastest laps were about 0.4 faster on softer tyres.

    I have now got a speed passion esc (with the updated software) to try and hoping to look for an improvement with that over the spx. just to try and catch some ground on the Tekin.

Similar Threads