Search
Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:24 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Cool . So should I just get any stuff for that race there? That way we dont have to worry about shipping. I have some 4 cells to run at home now for practice so I'm cool there. Just need the race stuff. Also, for 1/12 packs it will be either 1/12 mod or 1/12 19t so high runtime stuff . Thanks dude.
Yea I'll bring it with me to the race.

EA
Old 10-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Leaving the house right now to go unleash some EA power on region 12

No dress challenge this time....LOL
Old 10-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm rebuilding my EA CO27 with a comm skim and new 767s. When I break it on the ICE at 2v the motor hovers at about 5 amps. Based on what I've read in this thread I should be between 6-9 amps. Where should I begin making this better?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
I'm rebuilding my EA CO27 with a comm skim and new 767s. When I break it on the ICE at 2v the motor hovers at about 5 amps. Based on what I've read in this thread I should be between 6-9 amps. Where should I begin making this better?
Switch to F-Brushes.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heres a pic of the new MRT esc in a 12th scale. Wide post style solder terminals make wiring a breeze and nothing stupid to hurt installation. I didnt customize the wires as I wanted to get the new ride on the track asap.

YES-I will put the cap on before running again.
Attached Thumbnails EAMotorsports discussion thread-32.rtop.jpg  
Old 10-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Heres a pic of the new MRT esc in a 12th scale. Wide post style solder terminals make wiring a breeze and nothing stupid to hurt installation. I didnt customize the wires as I wanted to get the new ride on the track asap.

YES-I will put the cap on before running again.
Hey Ray you can cutt that blue wire off the speedo or unsolder it. Its for Fet driven Servo's. Have you run it yet? If so what did you think? I sold all the ones I got in about a day and a half. Ordering more Monday.

EA
Old 10-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Ray you can cutt that blue wire off the speedo or unsolder it. Its for Fet driven Servo's. Have you run it yet? If so what did you think? I sold all the ones I got in about a day and a half. Ordering more Monday.

EA

Yup-me likey. Ran it on default first pack, then 2nd pack to #2 profile then turned down brake as I experimented with launch control-WOW!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

What is the difference between say the LRP/GTX NOVAK and the MRT in the market for a new speedo.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Ramyuras,

The views below are taken from my personal experience and no doubt people will have other views, but here goes.

Motor used was EA Monster 27T.

I've had the LRP Q1 and Q2 (stock profile). Found the Q1 to have better punch over the Q2, so that but the Q2 out. The Q1 after a couple of months it went soft, it took me a couple of meetings to find out what was making the car slow. Did the usual things change motor, brushes gearing, brought new batteries,tried a different charger etc......Got a replacement speedo and everything was good, except a month or 2 it went soft again .

Novak GTX, tried all different profiles, just always felt soft!!!

K0 VSF-1, dam this speedo can get you lost It is a good speedo if you know how to program it correctly(Ok maybe i did not!!) but I found to get the advantage over the other speedo's on the market you had to program it right on the edge of the motor. So everytime you took a skim on the motor you had to adjust the profile. If you adjusted the profile too much then you would be back the LRP'S.
Cos you are programming the speedo like this then reliability issue's came into the equation and would cook the motor!!!This happened to me at 2 major meetings .

MRT MX Pro, This Speedo is easy to setup and is amazing, it has more punch and topend than the other speedo's mentioned (forgot to say all speedo tested same day same track) been running the same speedo for a year now and have never felt it has gone soft, never felt that the reason for going slow sometimes is due to the speedo, unlike the other ones, where that doubt would be in the back of you mind. 100% waterproof, yes we get a little rain in the UK 100% reliable and have never looked back,this baby is a 'plug and play'

What a Top Speedo

Thanks
Old 10-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
I'm doing well so far at the regional race. One more round of qualifying today and the mains. The car is handling the EA batteries quite well. Turned a few heads with the EA shirt yesterday too. Could have sold some if I had extras....LOL Frickin' Hodge is fast as hell. I'll get him for the main though.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
What is the difference between say the LRP/GTX NOVAK and the MRT in the market for a new speedo.
MRT MX is
smaller
lighter
more efficient
less on power resistence 0.00025 OHMS
`FULLY` waterproof
lovely different colours & light`s (i have a orange with blue LED)
User friendly 6 profile`s
very easy setup
Easy to use solder or wire plugs (more tidy wiring)

After market service is second to none from MRT

And it looks Bling Bling
Old 10-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
Actually, look at your lathe to make sure that it's cutting true. I had an older trinity pro 3 lathe that just went to crap one day. I cut the same comm on my buddies lathe, and instant power. Also check to see how your brushes are wearing. The brush hoods could be out of alignment. If your running it in a TC like RDX or T2 where the endbell is exposed, it could have been hit or knocked.

767's are good brushes. I mostly use F's myself, but I will use other brushes from time to time.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Eric Anderson ygpm question for ya,
Old 10-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

EA, i have heard that murfeesboro is going to make a new air field for rc flyers and they were going to build a perminant onroad track. have you caught wind of this. hell lets just build one at your place , i'm tired of not having any place to run nitro on road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.