Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Old 09-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Haha...yeah. You think we could talk EA into adding a "Pit beotch" service to his web page?
Old 09-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Ozwald..... you would not quallify for that as you already have the "Gimp"
Old 09-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

UT OH!!! Wait till "HIM" finds out what you called him.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

EA
Just quick clearification on the standards of stock arms 27t.

It was pointed out that a single strand of wire on the bottom end of arm(oppisite end to comm) on one stack can be moved a nats from side to side, A top gun driver over in the uk showed me on a monster
So i went around this meeting looking at other tuner motors & i can say hand on my heart all the ones i looked at had the same little trait.

Mind you this driver thought tuners wind there own 27t arms for stock racing, he did`nt relise that they all come from the same factory

Can any motor 27t expert like inlighten us uneducated soles? eg;; EA
Old 09-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Mr. Jolly,

Im sure EA can expound on this a little further but from what I understand the stock motors that "tuners" buy are already wound from the manufacturer. I think they are basically complete motors minus the brushes and springs. I don't know if they are already balanced or not, but the "tuner" then takes the motor and put's their personal touch on it with brushes, springs, alignment, and zapping the magnets. Of course there are also many other things that make a tuner good besides just performance such as service and support
Old 09-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Yeah i know that but there others who don`t
The wire bit is the worrying one, any thoughts
Old 09-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

If you drive a real car down the road at high speed with a wheel out of ballance it shakes you to pices also when was a boy racer in my younger days i would balance my crank shaft flywheel and clutch cover this would de crease spool up time and give me higher rpm so please tell me why dont you balance the roaters just asking nicley
Old 09-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ATLAS COPCO
If you drive a real car down the road at high speed with a wheel out of ballance it shakes you to pices also when was a boy racer in my younger days i would balance my crank shaft flywheel and clutch cover this would de crease spool up time and give me higher rpm so please tell me why dont you balance the roaters just asking nicley
I bet Indy cars and NASCAR rotors are balanced.

Jolly - The arms are machine wound. Some of them aren't wound tight so sometimes the wire is loose and you can move it. I had a arm like that before. Thats why hand wound arms are better.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally posted by losirob
Eric - What do you recommend for a small carpet track with narrow lanes and lots of 180's. Monster based or Roar Stock based? And, have you got 'em in stock? Need some new ponies and I haven't run stock since January...

Rob
I would stick with the Monster motors for tight tracks...They have more torque than the ROAR stocks. I have the monsters in stock.

EA
Old 09-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Team EAM

Originally posted by Ozwald Bates
Haha...yeah. You think we could talk EA into adding a "Pit beotch" service to his web page?
Anything is possible for a fee

EA
Old 09-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Team EAM

Originally posted by MR JOLLY
EA
Just quick clearification on the standards of stock arms 27t.

It was pointed out that a single strand of wire on the bottom end of arm(oppisite end to comm) on one stack can be moved a nats from side to side, A top gun driver over in the uk showed me on a monster
So i went around this meeting looking at other tuner motors & i can say hand on my heart all the ones i looked at had the same little trait.

Mind you this driver thought tuners wind there own 27t arms for stock racing, he did`nt relise that they all come from the same factory

Can any motor 27t expert like inlighten us uneducated soles? eg;; EA
Mr. Jolly

All "tuners" buy their motors from Trinity or Reedy and they come in bulk cases. The motors are never opened by either company from the factory. They dont come with labels, brushes or springs installed. The armatures (or rotors as some call them) are wound by a machine...hence the term machine wound...This is the only way a stock motor can be wound to be leagal. There are production tolerences in all motors that the factory is not very good at checking. So basiclly this is pretty normal. If a "tuner" were to try and check every wire they would never be able to ship motors...They would be calling the Manufacture trying to get replacements and just hear a laugh on the other end.

If someone has one that they feel is untolerable or THINK that it's affecting the motors performance please call or email me and we'll see what we can do to make them happy.

EA
Old 09-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Team EAM

Originally posted by ATLAS COPCO
Atlas,

One reason that I dont balance the motors is because its against the rules over here. 2nd reason is because I have NEVER seen a stock motor that rebalancing increased its performance. They are not that bad from the start. 3rd is that other motor tuners that say they balance them are not doing it. So I would rather at least be honost about it than put in there that I do it when I dont.

EA
Old 09-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

EA
hey what if anything would you do to a ultrabird to run 12th oval. right now I just run 2 purple springs and 4383 brush or the X.

i was thinking that for 12th 2 red spings ???
Old 09-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Team EAM

Hey Dave,

I would run the same brush compounds and just maybe run a red/purple spring combo if your running it a max timing. If your running it at 24-28 degrees and gearing up I would go green/red combo spring. If you are running 36 degrees now and want to try 24 degrees go up 8-10 teeth...You'd be surprised at how good it runs

EA
Old 09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

yah i ran 36 deg in my 10th car at the last Focar race with pretty good results. 8-10 teeth wow. maybe i'll try it. thanks for the quick reply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.