Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
I had a good day of racing yesterday. I held TQ in stock foam before losing it in the 3rd round by about a second after i bobbled twice. I had a good start to the main but it turned ugly lol. Had a good day overall yesterday with EA Roar Stockers.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
EA,
Sorry man I killed your good work....The Roar Stock got cooked but only after many ratios tried none could keep it cool....It was a hot day, a new car and didn;t have much time for practice as I was still putting everything in it....Man I only receaved it Friday morning....I will say it was fast...in fact I was able to push past most of the field pretty easily just couldn't find that sweet spot in the final ratio...if you have any suggestions on final ratios please let me know...Also if you would be so kind to sent me a new Roar and Monster with your extra special touch and some Decals just add them to the invoice that I still haven't received...HINT HINT...I want to let everyone who is thinking of getting one of these motors .....stop thinking EA tunes a mean motor....
Thanks for the awsome horsepower...sorry I cooked it.
Stephen <><
Sent you a PM Stephen.

Thanks
EA
Old 04-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally posted by drx
E & Shook........

I got my ROAR stock on the rug for the first time on Friday.

Like Shook I had some heat problems, but I think I have have the gearing sorted out. - it isn't heating up as fast anyway

30p / 124s / 1.77 igr / 59.5mm td

I also found the motor to be sick fast with a about a 1" (25.3 mm) rollout. And I do mean SICK!!!!! .

Happy as a clam with the motor, but Shook's story has me wondering about the future.

</DrXinDenver>
Generally we run about a .95 rollout on carpet....this is for a med-large track...SO maybe a 1.0 may still be pushing it unless the track is very large.

This is also with full face brushes. If you knock some off the edges of the brush it will drop the amp draw and rpm but raise torque, power and eff. So when you trim the edges you can run a slightly higher ratio.

The roar stocks are picky on gear but they are fast once found!!

EA
Old 04-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Generally we run about a .95 rollout on carpet....this is for a med-large track...SO maybe a 1.0 may still be pushing it unless the track is very large.

This is also with full face brushes. If you knock some off the edges of the brush it will drop the amp draw and rpm but raise torque, power and eff. So when you trim the edges you can run a slightly higher ratio.

The roar stocks are picky on gear but they are fast once found!!

EA
I sent you a PM Eric. Hope to hear from ya!
Old 04-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Have any of you guys seen or used the new orion stock motor bushings. They are reamed out significantly and they removed material from the inner hole for less friction. They look very cool but, I wonder how they'll work?
Old 04-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Eric, I have a question for you.
Have you considered doing 19t motors based on the orion element V2?

Just querying it, as i'm looking for a fairly low maintence 19t to put into my 12th when it arrives.

BTW, Monster ran really well today, seems to respond well to being skimmed after each run Was running on a tight outdoor track, most were gearing at about 6.5 or so. I stuck myself at 6.8 and was really flying, pulled real strong with good top speed, can't ask for anymore than that

Later
Ed
Old 04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Where was you racing today TryHard????
Old 04-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

i think they were all running at teh stafford TORC

Ed, what would you recomend for a ROAR around stafford (if thats where you went)
Old 04-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by drx
E & Shook........

Happy as a clam with the motor, but Shook's story has me wondering about the future.

</DrXinDenver>
Don't worry if you got a good ratio stick to it and write it on your motor....It helps....That is why I have a sharpie in my pit box.
Roar stock like it warm...but not hot...My problem was I didn;t have time to get a good ratio together before the racing began...Let alone give the Comm a cut before the main....It was very fast passed racign yesterday....The Motor was fantastic...I wasn't.
Hope this helps
Stephen <><
Old 04-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Sent you a PM Stephen.

Thanks
EA
Thanks got it and replied.
Thanks Eric for great Customer Service.
Stephen <><
Old 04-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ahhh, I was at Coastal MRC today, not Stafford, that was too far to travel ('bout 3hours by my reckoning) for just a days racing. Thought i might as well get some outdoor practise in whilst up in that region, so went there instead. Actually ended up 2 o/a in the A-final, so not a bad day at all

Later
Ed
Old 04-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

ahh right, my mate went to ashby today. had problems with his batts falling out his FK05! haha
Old 04-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pheyhoe
ahh right, my mate went to ashby today. had problems with his batts falling out his FK05! haha
Gotta love the BD with its tray system...No way to loose your cells unless your a knuckle head and do something wrong.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

yeah like not putting the bodyclip in your battery strap....... lol

I would not have time for taping, i would end up throwing the car at something or just throwing the roll of tape at the car.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

throw it at me if you want

anyone run the ROAR indoors? i was comparing the numbers on my new monster and ROAR yesterday and it appears the ROAR still has more torque than the monster at the low end of the power band but yet still has more RPM (and a tiny bit less torque) at the top end...and is more efficient

so wouldn't it be a better motor overall..where ever i use it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.