NOVAK im not happy

Old 02-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)
Thumbs down NOVAK CS mgr sucks

Ive been using thier products for over 15 years without problems. Had my first bad one, bought a new 5800 combo for my father for xmas, installed it and had issues. Sent it in for repair, put the new one, worse problems. Spoke with Charlie on the phone and he said yeah they have been having MOSFET problems with the 5800's and HE offered to trade me up to a 3.5 velocity combo for an xtra 30 bucks. OK, cool, so thats what I did. Got a call today from Novak's customer service manager telling me that isnt an option. I find it pathetic and horrible from a customer service standpoint not to uphold your word. Very disappointed, my other 5800 system works like a charm but if Novak cant stand behind thier word, thats pretty bad.

Last edited by loopedout; 02-12-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

novak customer service is tops and suggest you ask them to confirm/check with charlie about such an option. i would be very surprised if this is not corrected for you.

posting what you have above here certainly will not further your cause - just never found bashing and foul language to help much in such a situation IMHO
Old 02-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Well Charlie wont be back until the 12th so I have to wait until then. So theres more time that i have my dads car down and he cant race.
Novak seems to be the proverbial double edged sword, very good products when they work, but im my experience if it breaks your out of luck. they got my package on Friday then she tells me they got it yesterday. I paid almost 20 bucks to get it there faster and paid extra for 2 day return shipping so we could race this weekend but oh well.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I agree with Ron, over the years that I have dealt with Novak C.S. they have done some terrific things for me. One year my speed control stopped working properly, I sent it overnight to them they fixed it almost immediately then sent it with a team driver to give to me in person so I had it for the Roar National's that were coming to where I lived at the time. This all took like 4 days, they could have just said outta luck we didn't have enough time to fix it but instead they made it a priority. Got to pick it up from the Team Driver from his room so I got to see their cars a little bit.

Steve
Old 02-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

I wish I could get that service.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Im out 2 times shipping at 18 bucks a trip so theres 36 and the 250 i paid for the esc and havent gotten any track time out of it. had it over a month, and its been at novak twice grrr and yeah Charlie was great on the phone, but now hes out of the office and this CS mgr is telling me he basically lied to me and she wont uphold what he told me and now I have to wait another week so she can talk to him abou it. ??? I just want them to do what they said. this is a brand new product that hasnt worked TWICE.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I bet what he said was you can trade your SS and $30 for a GTB. Which I believe they are doing. But I don't know where the 3.5 part comes in. I think you misunderstood.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

I am 100% certain he said a 3.5 I even confirmed that with him, we had a great conversation. I am without a doubt positive that it was that, he even told me the part number #3000, i wrote it down becuase he told me what to write on the warranty return form.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Hey Guys,

I can't say I can specifically remember the coversation. But I do know I've often spoken with people about the usage of other motors.

If you "can" use it with other ESCs. I'm very sorry if I was not clear enough about this, or if I mis understood your question.

This would be very irritating to me as well. We have been handling some Super Sport ESC failures with GTB replacements but we have not offered 3.5 motors for SS motors. Typically the vehicles an SS system is used in wouldn't benifit from a 3.5.

I do recall a call about with a gentleman and his dad, racing and the son using the GTB with his 3.5 and letting dad have his working SS. I must have miss understood that you "had" a 3.5 already.

Feel Free to email me directly. I'm checking emails from my pits in the Birds thanks to the team Novak Tech Support Laptop.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

My problem isnt with you charlie but the lady in customer service. Basically im getting a GTB and a 5800 motor back. But im still not happy, I was raised that in the end all you have left is your word. I feel that Charlie told me one thing and Novak didnt back him up. I will be selling all my Novak equipment soon and using another company.
So basically I have the speed control I need, a motor that I dont need for a cost of 286 plus the shipping they just charged me to get the new stuff to me. so right at 300 and now im going to have to shell out another 75 ish bucks to get the motor to go with the new speed control. a real kick in arse is i can get a new 3.5 combo for 250 bucks plus shipping online. Im glad im well off now, because had this happened to me when i was younger and racing, my whole racing operation would have been shut down. Maybe i should gold plate the damn thing when i get it back and put spinners on it.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Hey Guys,

Either way I feel this is more of a mis-understanding. Typically if I make special arrangements for customers, we put it in writing on their invoice so everyone is aware of the situation.

I've been told we have resolve this to some extent, and I'm very sorry that you are still dissappointed. Hopefully confusion like this can be avoided in the future.

Thanks
Charlie
Old 02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

charlie and novak have always been good to me.....no complaints......

Matt
Old 02-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Well Ive thought about it and yeah I have no problem with Novak products, 2 issues in 17 years, not bad. Charlie seems to be great. My issue lies with the Customer Service manager. She needs to go back to McDonalds and work the drive thru.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

That's totally uncalled for.

I made no promises of a system. Just the ESC. I'm sorry if you feel the coversation went otherwise.
There is no reason to insult anyone for doing exactly what I would have done for your situation.

The Customer Service Manager has been the Customer Service manager as long as you have been a Novak Customer.

I beleive sir, in the end, your ESC was replaced at no charge. This is the thanks she gets. Very nice sir.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

lets see.
I spend 250 for a new 3004 system.
NEW product is bad, spend 18 shipping to Novak for repair
Get a REFURBISHED ESC and same motor back, doesnt work.
Another 18 to ship back to Novak for repair.
And then 19 to ship a REFURBISHED MOTOR AND ESC back to me.
So my dad doesnt get to race for over a month, I'm out 305 bucks and Im getting a refurbished GTB and a refurbished 5800 motor back that ill have trouble selling on here for 175 bucks. I really feel like ive been had. Now I have to spend what? 75 for a motor to go with that GTB and then I have a 5800 motor spare? I mean seriously, that puts me up to 380 or more and seven weeks to get a speed control and motor that hopefully will work. Theres been three cases of bad new Novak brushless combos at my track alone. Has Novak heard of damage control. And maybe I did just completly misunderstand our conversation, which I doubt but even that aside I lose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.