R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #91
Tech Master

Tried that of course, made some improvement, but still not as smooth as when new. Took a bad spill when I accidentally ran over and launched off a slower car last time out. You know, zigged when I should have zagged.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #92
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Tried that of course, made some improvement, but still not as smooth as when new. Took a bad spill when I accidentally ran over and launched off a slower car last time out. You know, zigged when I should have zagged.
I have had the same issue at times. Replace the ball in the center pivot or clean it really well. You may echeck the balls on the links also.

If that doesn't work email me.

Steve Dunn
[email protected]
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:55 AM   #93
Tech Master

Complete disassembly, thorough cleaning, and careful reassembly fixed problem. Weird though, in the beginning it felt just like my old Speed Merchant when one of the links was too long or too short. Thanks CFR and Steve for the help.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #94
CFR
Tech Regular

S100 Damper Tube Conversion

is there one or will the S120 one work?
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #95
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
S100 Damper Tube Conversion

is there one or will the S120 one work?
The onpoint one won't work because the pod is moved over and no one makes a short enough right side hub for wgt. Serpent is making one now for the STD rear end. I'll find out if it's available. Send me an email, [email protected]
Old 05-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #96
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
The onpoint one won't work because the pod is moved over and no one makes a short enough right side hub for wgt. Serpent is making one now for the STD rear end. I'll find out if it's available. Send me an email, [email protected]
hi Paul, doesn't this question depend a lot on which wheels (and rules) you are running? the jaco/xceed wheels have less offset than the bsr/crc wheels, too bad the jaco availability is an issue lately. But more confusing is the rules.

the rules that i beleived to apply were the worldgt forumula at: http://www.worldgtrc.com/ which has a 200mm chassis width and a 205mm width body limit, but the ROAR rules only state a 205mm width. all things considered, the IRS diff has a 1mm shorter right hub compared to the serpent part. wouldn't this accomodate the change in offset from the onpoint lower pod plate?

what would be more interesting is a wider rear brace to place the body posts further out. Also, when will we see some inline capable 1/12 items?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #97
Tech Regular

I cannot comment on WGT as I am not that familiar with the specs.

The inline version of the 1/12 is awesome. Sorry can't post photo's yet.
We made a number of changes to the inline car and I think we will see that version in a couple of weeks. We run year round here in Indianapolis so I will try that version for a while and get setups created.

My guess you will see something as we get closer to next season.

Steve Dunn
Indianapolis, IN USA
[email protected]
Old 05-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #98
Tech Addict

Is the inline set up for the Serpent or the 12R5 or both?

What's the latest on a 12R5 damper tube set up?

1/12th scale, just 1/12th scale.
I love to go like hell for 8 minutes.
RacinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #99
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
hi Paul, doesn't this question depend a lot on which wheels (and rules) you are running? the jaco/xceed wheels have less offset than the bsr/crc wheels, too bad the jaco availability is an issue lately. But more confusing is the rules.

the rules that i beleived to apply were the worldgt forumula at: http://www.worldgtrc.com/ which has a 200mm chassis width and a 205mm width body limit, but the ROAR rules only state a 205mm width. all things considered, the IRS diff has a 1mm shorter right hub compared to the serpent part. wouldn't this accomodate the change in offset from the onpoint lower pod plate?

what would be more interesting is a wider rear brace to place the body posts further out. Also, when will we see some inline capable 1/12 items?
You might be ok with Jaco wheels but with the BSR You wont be able to get the track width centered, you can get it close but not perfect.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #100
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
Is the inline set up for the Serpent or the 12R5 or both?

What's the latest on a 12R5 damper tube set up?

We will do one for both but the R5 version will have a few On-point original parts to make the car more sexy!

I was planning on the tube conversion but since they have a conversion or new car coming I wanted to wait and see if I could make it to fit both.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #101
Tech Addict

Quote:
We will do one for both but the R5 version will have a few On-point original parts to make the car more sexy!

I was planning on the tube conversion but since they have a conversion or new car coming I wanted to wait and see if I could make it to fit both.
How about a front cross brace for your 12R5 chassis?

Old 05-18-2011, 01:32 AM   #102
CFR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the info

I've got plenty of damper tubes so I'll pop over to www.fibre-lyte.co.uk and get a radio tray cut to suit.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Hey there: When will on-point have a website up? Thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #104
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey there: When will on-point have a website up? Thanks
Paul and I have talked about it but nothing going at this time. If time free's up I may be able to work on it.

Steve Dunn
Old 07-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #105
Tech Addict

Default ????????????

Just checking to see where the new parts are.