R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #76
Tech Addict
 
RacinJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
On that note, any word on the damper conversion for the 12R5?
Bump
__________________
Roche P12 '16 & '17; Team Scream 17.5 & 13.5

1/12th scale, just 1/12th scale.
I love to go like hell for 8 minutes.
RacinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #77
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

With the new battery layout that Keven and a few others have been running on the R5, I think it has caused a return to the Drawing Computer.

Chicky is enroute to the World Champs in Florida so I'm sure nothing will progress over the next 2 weeks.

Good luck Paul, and all the other respresenting the US of A
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #78
Tech Master
 
Swampracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Squamish
Posts: 1,750
Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
Default Chassis

I have a NEW chassis conversion kit for the S120L for sale. Selling for $40 bucks plus shipping
Attached Thumbnails
On-Point Racing-img_0518.jpg  
Swampracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #79
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
On that note, any word on the damper conversion for the 12R5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
Bump
Bump :nod Anything yet??
E
__________________
<
AE 12R5.2 & R6(x2) - TC7.1 convert, F6 - M05 - M05V2R

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #80
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
Default

Paul is at the 1/8 scale On-Road Worlds in Miami. Doubtful he'll be online until next week.
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 8 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #81
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,547
Default

That's right, I forgot.
Thanks,
E
__________________
<
AE 12R5.2 & R6(x2) - TC7.1 convert, F6 - M05 - M05V2R

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #82
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default On-Point victorious at the ROAR Region 5 Championships

Steve Dunn TQ's and wins 12th mod using the On-Point inline battery configuration.

Steve and myself both ran the standard On-point chassis in the 13.5 class and both ran the inline configuration in the mod class. All weekend the cars were good. I nearly TQ'd till I tapped the wall, Steve pulled a huge lap and a half increase of the previous pace in round 4 to TQ the mod class. The mod main was a hotly contested event in the 2nd-4th places but Steve got out ahead and delivered an impressive win. We both had good 13.5 cars with Steve finishing second in the main and aside from 2 mishaps with lap cars ending with a link knocked off the car was fast and able to run with the leaders, although not on the lead lap.

On-Point delivered the goods and took home the hardware.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #83
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,204
Default

Inline chassis? Pics of same?
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #84
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
Steve Dunn TQ's and wins 12th mod using the On-Point inline battery configuration.

Steve and myself both ran the standard On-point chassis in the 13.5 class and both ran the inline configuration in the mod class. All weekend the cars were good. I nearly TQ'd till I tapped the wall, Steve pulled a huge lap and a half increase of the previous pace in round 4 to TQ the mod class. The mod main was a hotly contested event in the 2nd-4th places but Steve got out ahead and delivered an impressive win. We both had good 13.5 cars with Steve finishing second in the main and aside from 2 mishaps with lap cars ending with a link knocked off the car was fast and able to run with the leaders, although not on the lead lap.

On-Point delivered the goods and took home the hardware.
sorry, but what is an 'inline configuration'? is that like the 12R5 examples with the battery on the right side? is there an S120 or R5 version of this in development?
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #85
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Inline chassis? Pics of same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
sorry, but what is an 'inline configuration'? is that like the 12R5 examples with the battery on the right side? is there an S120 or R5 version of this in development?
Yes it is similar, the battery is close to center line, off set just enough to provide space for and to counter the weight of the Rx and ESC. The net gain in handling seems to me incredible low speed cornering with stable high speed control while carrying awesome corner speed.

I'll try to get some pics up when I get a chance to unpack from the weekend.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #86
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
Yes it is similar, the battery is close to center line, off set just enough to provide space for and to counter the weight of the Rx and ESC. The net gain in handling seems to me incredible low speed cornering with stable high speed control while carrying awesome corner speed.

I'll try to get some pics up when I get a chance to unpack from the weekend.
interesting.
is that a S120 or R5 based development or both?
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #87
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
interesting.
is that a S120 or R5 based development or both?
On-Point is developing it with the S-120 in mind currently. AE is also working on a similar layout for the R5 that Hebert has been running for a couple months.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #88
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 325
Default On-Point Inline Chassis

Hi Guy's,
Like Ken said, it was a great weekend for On-Point. The new car is great. I think it has a larger setup window than the original On-Point s120 replacement chassis. I ran the R5 front-end and had no “hooking” issues or over aggressive turning.
With Lipo we need the cars not to roll as much, the inline configuration provides much less roll but still turns harder. I was concerned that on low bite tracks that this could be an issue, but that is not the case. In Indianapolis our track has low bite on the weekday and the car still handles better than the previous version.
Sorry i can't show any pictures yet (orders from Paul)
I talked to Paul this morning and there are many things in the works. I know it’s tough to wait, but it just takes time to get all the details right.

If you have any questions e-mail myself or Paul (Chicky).

Steve Dunn
[email protected]
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #89
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,204
Default

The action of my rear pod vs chassis plate has suddenly become stiff and notchy. Is it possible one of the links has stretched in a crash. Since none of the link/football lengths are adjustable, I don't know what else it could be. Suggestions?
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #90
CFR
Tech Regular
 
CFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
The action of my rear pod vs chassis plate has suddenly become stiff and notchy. Is it possible one of the links has stretched in a crash. Since none of the link/football lengths are adjustable, I don't know what else it could be. Suggestions?
Slacken centre pivot ball assembly and all pivot balls and links and reset them. Check for dirt / fluff in the pivot balls etc. They may have tweaked in a heavy crash.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jackson RC 2010 On-Road Racing Season!!! (Central NJ) JacksonRC Racing Forum 956 02-18-2011 11:35 PM
Stevens Point Racing... Scrad Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 1861 07-26-2008 01:17 PM
Ontario 1/8 On Road Racing Club ElliotCanada Nitro On-Road 615 07-23-2008 10:02 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net