Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On-Point Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RoyU
On that note, any word on the damper conversion for the 12R5?
Bump
Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

With the new battery layout that Keven and a few others have been running on the R5, I think it has caused a return to the Drawing Computer.

Chicky is enroute to the World Champs in Florida so I'm sure nothing will progress over the next 2 weeks.

Good luck Paul, and all the other respresenting the US of A
Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Chassis

I have a NEW chassis conversion kit for the S120L for sale. Selling for $40 bucks plus shipping
Attached Thumbnails On-Point Racing-img_0518.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoyU
On that note, any word on the damper conversion for the 12R5?
Originally Posted by RacinJ
Bump
Bump :nod Anything yet??
E
Old 04-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Paul is at the 1/8 scale On-Road Worlds in Miami. Doubtful he'll be online until next week.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

That's right, I forgot.
Thanks,
E
Old 04-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default On-Point victorious at the ROAR Region 5 Championships

Steve Dunn TQ's and wins 12th mod using the On-Point inline battery configuration.

Steve and myself both ran the standard On-point chassis in the 13.5 class and both ran the inline configuration in the mod class. All weekend the cars were good. I nearly TQ'd till I tapped the wall, Steve pulled a huge lap and a half increase of the previous pace in round 4 to TQ the mod class. The mod main was a hotly contested event in the 2nd-4th places but Steve got out ahead and delivered an impressive win. We both had good 13.5 cars with Steve finishing second in the main and aside from 2 mishaps with lap cars ending with a link knocked off the car was fast and able to run with the leaders, although not on the lead lap.

On-Point delivered the goods and took home the hardware.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Inline chassis? Pics of same?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
Steve Dunn TQ's and wins 12th mod using the On-Point inline battery configuration.

Steve and myself both ran the standard On-point chassis in the 13.5 class and both ran the inline configuration in the mod class. All weekend the cars were good. I nearly TQ'd till I tapped the wall, Steve pulled a huge lap and a half increase of the previous pace in round 4 to TQ the mod class. The mod main was a hotly contested event in the 2nd-4th places but Steve got out ahead and delivered an impressive win. We both had good 13.5 cars with Steve finishing second in the main and aside from 2 mishaps with lap cars ending with a link knocked off the car was fast and able to run with the leaders, although not on the lead lap.

On-Point delivered the goods and took home the hardware.
sorry, but what is an 'inline configuration'? is that like the 12R5 examples with the battery on the right side? is there an S120 or R5 version of this in development?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
Inline chassis? Pics of same?
Originally Posted by avs
sorry, but what is an 'inline configuration'? is that like the 12R5 examples with the battery on the right side? is there an S120 or R5 version of this in development?
Yes it is similar, the battery is close to center line, off set just enough to provide space for and to counter the weight of the Rx and ESC. The net gain in handling seems to me incredible low speed cornering with stable high speed control while carrying awesome corner speed.

I'll try to get some pics up when I get a chance to unpack from the weekend.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:48 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
Yes it is similar, the battery is close to center line, off set just enough to provide space for and to counter the weight of the Rx and ESC. The net gain in handling seems to me incredible low speed cornering with stable high speed control while carrying awesome corner speed.

I'll try to get some pics up when I get a chance to unpack from the weekend.
interesting.
is that a S120 or R5 based development or both?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by avs
interesting.
is that a S120 or R5 based development or both?
On-Point is developing it with the S-120 in mind currently. AE is also working on a similar layout for the R5 that Hebert has been running for a couple months.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default On-Point Inline Chassis

Hi Guy's,
Like Ken said, it was a great weekend for On-Point. The new car is great. I think it has a larger setup window than the original On-Point s120 replacement chassis. I ran the R5 front-end and had no “hooking” issues or over aggressive turning.
With Lipo we need the cars not to roll as much, the inline configuration provides much less roll but still turns harder. I was concerned that on low bite tracks that this could be an issue, but that is not the case. In Indianapolis our track has low bite on the weekday and the car still handles better than the previous version.
Sorry i can't show any pictures yet (orders from Paul)
I talked to Paul this morning and there are many things in the works. I know it’s tough to wait, but it just takes time to get all the details right.

If you have any questions e-mail myself or Paul (Chicky).

Steve Dunn
[email protected]
Old 04-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

The action of my rear pod vs chassis plate has suddenly become stiff and notchy. Is it possible one of the links has stretched in a crash. Since none of the link/football lengths are adjustable, I don't know what else it could be. Suggestions?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 PM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
The action of my rear pod vs chassis plate has suddenly become stiff and notchy. Is it possible one of the links has stretched in a crash. Since none of the link/football lengths are adjustable, I don't know what else it could be. Suggestions?
Slacken centre pivot ball assembly and all pivot balls and links and reset them. Check for dirt / fluff in the pivot balls etc. They may have tweaked in a heavy crash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.