R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #256
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Take lots of pics please
Sure.

steve
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:19 AM   #257
CFR
Tech Regular

OnPoint Drivers @ The Worlds

after qualification

7th Jilles
12th Marcus
30th Paul
48th Joey
64rd Steve

Last edited by CFR; 07-24-2012 at 04:36 AM.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #258
Tech Regular

We had a great time. Paul did a great job of tuning Jilles's car and his own each round.

I could never get the feel I needed so I just had to drive it the best I could. In the end I think I did my best. I came away with a lot of information and experience.

Steve Dunn
Old 07-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #259
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great job at the Worlds guys.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #260
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunnmcp View Post
We had a great time. Paul did a great job of tuning Jilles's car and his own each round.

I could never get the feel I needed so I just had to drive it the best I could. In the end I think I did my best. I came away with a lot of information and experience.

Steve Dunn
Steve, can you share any information about the JFT tires that were being used? Did you ever try them?
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #261
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Steve, can you share any information about the JFT tires that were being used? Did you ever try them?
I didn't run it but I did run the Kyosho foam. Both JFT and Kyosho foam were made at a different factory than Jaco foam from what we were told.

Jilles and Mobers ran the JFT and had good results with it. It had a lot of rubber feel to it and it was super soft. Paul and I ran the Kyosho foam for a few quals and it made the car easier to drive but lap times were about the same.

We were a little late to the Foam game but with Jilles in the "A" it was still a good showing....

Steve Dunn
Old 08-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #262
Tech Adept

I just picked a kit up last week, and am in the process of building it. I noticed in the pics of Jilles car from the worlds that he was using a different top plate and shock mount, we're these one offs for the worlds or will they be an upgrade soon?
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #263
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy1 View Post
I just picked a kit up last week, and am in the process of building it. I noticed in the pics of Jilles car from the worlds that he was using a different top plate and shock mount, we're these one offs for the worlds or will they be an upgrade soon?
It is the top plate from the WGT. You can buy it seperate already. We went back to the shock back at some point on main day and it worked well also. More testing needs to be done to know for sure which one is better for what condition or if one is just better than the other all the time.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #264
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wow, fast answer from the Man !

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #265
Tech Adept

Thanks man for the speedy answer, lovin the car, cant wait to get it on the track.
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #266
Tech Elite

Congratulations to On-Point Racing and Dave Arnold for winning the 2012 ROAR Modified 12th paved nationals.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #267
Tech Regular

Great job Dave. I think you are ready for the Gate in a few weeks...

Steve Dunn
Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #268
Tech Master

Chicky, or others, do you have any experience/recommendations for running the battery across the back on the OP300 12th for 13.5 blinky? I'm always hunting for more lower slip angle steering and thought the weight transfer of a cross-wise battery may help with this. Also, I'm having difficulty balancing the car left/right with the in-line battery config. I'm already 30g over weight and still well out of balance (heavy on bat. side). Great car and thanks for any tips. I can post up a pic tonight if that'd help.

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #269
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnelso View Post
Chicky, or others, do you have any experience/recommendations for running the battery across the back on the OP300 12th for 13.5 blinky? I'm always hunting for more lower slip angle steering and thought the weight transfer of a cross-wise battery may help with this. Also, I'm having difficulty balancing the car left/right with the in-line battery config. I'm already 30g over weight and still well out of balance. Great car and thanks for any tips. I can post up a pic tonight if that'd help.
I've tried it both ways and in the end when the setup is right on both cars they can both be made to work. I'd say in mod the battery in the middle has more of advantage for driveability but the slower classes I havent noticed much of a difference.

You should be able to get the car really close to balanced with no weight added or maybe 5 grams added at the most. Make sure you balance the pod and chassis separately. All motors are different and you may have to add some weight to the pod on the right or put a motor spacer to move it to the left. Post some pictures so I can see!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #270
Tech Master

Cool, thanks Chicky. I'll post up a pic tonight of it in its current form, then I'll tear it apart and balance everything. See you in Vegas!

Edit: I independently balanced the pod and main chassis and moved a couple things around. I should have dropped about 7g with the changes and the assembled car should be balanced. We'll see when it comes back together and I'll post up a pic once that happens. During the tear apart I found my football was jacked so that certainly doesn't help anything either. I need to stay off those pesky boards.

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC

Last edited by samnelso; 09-04-2012 at 11:47 PM.
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote