R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #1216
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to karter

Maybe that pack was to good to give up. haha To the Top Fusion
karter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:26 AM   #1217
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Gettin' set to take my Fusion's on the road around the Fox Valley area this week to kick some tail. I'll keep you posted on the stats. Wish me luck! Wait, I don't need it. I've got my batts...
Old 07-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #1218
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Toni and I switched classes today - she ran 1/12th scale and I ran touring stock. She was nice enough to let me use her Fusion packs and I managed to qualify 5th in the A-main (yes there was even a B-main so this was an accomplishment for me) I finished 4th in the main on the lead lap. I was very happy since I haven't run a touring car since the Snowbirds!! It must have been the Fusion batteries!!! Now I have to get some for my 1/12th scale!!
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #1219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Fusion batteries wins Modified Truck A main at the Florida state series race at B&B Hobbies in Hudson.

This is the 5th consecutive win for Fusion in my XXXT MF2 truck!

I qualified 2nd and crashed my way back to 4th in 4wd Modified, but when another racer wanted to drive my XXX4 after the main, he drove it around another 5 laps, for a total of 7+ minutes with a sick 10 turn on blue groove!..........., Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #1220
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Racer_Chick Send a message via MSN to Racer_Chick

Good job, Jim
It looks like Fusion was also well represented at the On-Road State Race in Ocala.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #1221
Tech Elite

well my weekend was not to great ... Always something .. over heating tires in the A main .. at hobbytown . then at Camerillo getting taken to the boards in the A main 19t .. by a Hacker .... all went very well thou I had a great time running my fusion batts .. and am never without the power i need to keep in the A's ......
Old 07-18-2005, 09:24 PM   #1222
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT

I guess Im not the only one that experienced dirty driving this weekend. I got my motor shoved to the front of my truck after some kid thought it would be a good idea to use me as a bank in a corner. Then after I took the B-main I was awarded the chance to bump up to the A-main. Then in about the middle of the race another kid turned in to me on a straight away and put me in the wall. I did manage to bounce back and take 4th for the day so it wasnt to. I couldnt of done it without Fusion power!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:41 AM   #1223
Tech Master

And the winner is....... David Wert. aka ponyklr Make sure to keep checking here as there will be another drawing next month for more good stuff.

John
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:55 AM   #1224
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wasn't seen as a factor in the stock touring A-main at the FSEARA State Race in ocala as I only qualified 8th. But I kept my head down and out of trouble in the main and place 3rd with my fusion powerered Xray FK05. I also placed 6th in the A-main 12th scale 19 Turn class. Thanks for the great packs again, John!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:18 AM   #1225
Tech Addict

Default Club vs. higher grade packs

Please delete. The batteries are great!

Last edited by Tubaboy; 07-25-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Tubaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #1226
Tech Master

Tuba YGPM
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #1227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Tubaboy, I won't get into a flame war with you, but.....

It looks from your post that you may be biased against Fusion batteries, since .004 volt per cell would no where near equal "15-20 seconds slower" as you stated. In back to back, "Flawless" runs, there may be a difference of 1 or 2 seconds, at most, if any difference at all with voltage that close.

I have run packs with 1.159 back to back against packs with 1.189 and noticed an improvement of a few seconds in total race time. For example, a 19 laps in 5.087 second run vs 19 in 5.053 seconds.

I have also run the same battery back to back with differences as high as 10-11 seconds just due to track temperature changes during the two hour wait for the next round.

The only true test of any brand battery is how accurate the labels are, and every Fusion battery i've ever tested met the label as well or better then any other brand! That's why they are in my cars....................Good luck in whatever choice you make, and with your racing, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #1228
Tech Addict

I do not have any "bias" against them. One of the drivers at my club is a Fusion dealer (I bought my batteries from his shop not knowing he was a racer at the track...) and he swears by them. We don't run in the same class (he runs stock truck), but when i watch him run, he's flat out scary with his T3. He came out 5 weeks into our summer series, and in his first race finished 2nd, and qualified 2nd. Last week, he came out again and backed it up with another 2nd place finish, 3rd in qualifying. He's also by far one of the friendliest, and most helpful guys out at the track.

Needless to say, I respect him greatly, and I do believe Fusion batteries are an excellent product based on his opinion alone. I also believe that Fusion is a good company, based on this forum thread.. Just my experience wasn't what I expected. Is there a problem? I don't know (and I hope not). Also, the PM from John was greatly unexpected, and I will be contacting him soon.

Is it my driving? Quite possibly... heh. I did look back through the last race that I ran with these batteries. The lap counter did not count my first lap. So my results would have actually been an improvement. (A large one at that Since I should have shown an improvement by an entire lap). So perhaps the batteries are ok. I never noticed that missed lap until today. Outside of that missed lap, my laps were the most consistent for the year. If you disregard my first lap of 75 seconds, and the 2 laps I wrecked on, I had my most consistent runs ever.

This weekend is our state championship race. I will be using the batteries this weekend for that race. I will post here to let everyone know how the results go for me.

Most of my above mentioned opinion was based on that last race. I felt that I had raced a good clean race, which is justified when I look at the individual lap times. I was disappointed to see me only show up with 8 laps, and a time 20 seconds off my previous run. So now that I know it was a lap counting error... grrr AMB!!! I will most definitely run them again for our big race this weekend.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 07-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #1229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Its hard to "gauge" a battery from one qualifier to another unless you run exactly the same race , missed marks and all. Weve been running Fusion batteries since January and I have to say that they are awesome packs. The performance is solid and I would definately buy some more.
rcracenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #1230
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

In the 5ish years that I've been racing, which compared to some is miniscule, I've tried all the major makers' batteries. I found that the Fusions have the most accurate labels, best and most durable construction, and better overall performance! One of my packs had to be cycled a few times to get peak performance out of it but after that it sure felt like one heck of a powerful pack. I've even let some of my competitiors borrow a "practice" pack to try it and most of 'em say that they're as good as their "race" packs! So give 'em another shot and make sure your transponder is plugged in this time!