R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-22-2005, 08:22 PM   #811
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to karter

Just ordered 2 3700 packs. Going to a huge offroad electric race in the Minneapolis area April 1-3. Already 125+ Pre entries.
Josh
karter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:13 AM   #812
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

, Make sure they will allow 3700's at the race? They aren't approved yet from what i've heard?..........Shouldn't matter unless you wax some beeshes, LOL.........Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #813
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

These battery's are an unfair advantage. And Im loving every minute of it

Last edited by Davin; 03-23-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #814
Tech Regular

Yup I already asked 2 of the people runnign the races. Mod is mod they said. I agree. If I got beat by them I would say the same thing, My.02 anyways
Josh
Old 03-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #815
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

I am also astounded by the level of support offered by John. He spent an hour on the phone with me the other day and left me allot more educated on battery technology. Hats off to a great company with GREAT!! Tech support. Just try getting that from the bigger guys.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #816
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

I agree, John is very helpful to all.

There are great things coming from Fusion...keep a lookout.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:05 AM   #817
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

ttt
Old 03-25-2005, 10:41 AM   #818
Tech Regular

Page 3. Up it goes
Josh
Old 03-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #819
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

big thanks go out to john malin for the awesome rip-sticks he sent me for the carpet nats. awesome cells with both great runtime and killer voltage, in combination with Much-More's Cell master charger and Much-More's new cell warming tray were the winning combination to keep me on top.

again, thank you john and fusion for all your support.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #820
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

Hi All,

it's good to be part of the fusion crowd, I'm expecting my first set of cells in the next few days and I'm looking forward to putting these puppies through thier paces. I'm a self confessed battery geek and I have a good depth of knowledge of how these things work and a good idea of how to look after them so they can look after me. I

have known John for over a year now and this guy is extremely smart and knowledgeable about cells, and I have spoken with a lot of the matcher guys, John is the best. Whatever I can do to help others (and myself) in whatever way I can is one of my goals.

I'm mainly a 12th scale racer, been running stock and mod for a few years, right now I'm running stock and enjoying it a lot as my car is handling like a dream even though it looks a little shoddy.

I have a question for you all... How many Mah are you putting into your cells? And how are you doing it?

Generally speaking, the more you put in.... the more you get out.

On an average day I will get 4200Mah into my cells. Other than my first charge (which is always crazy high) I have got 4384Mah into my cells. These are pretty good run time gp3300 cells. I know I'm way up there but if we share some knowledge i think we can all improve which can only be good for us and good for fusion.

Chris.
crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #821
Tech Master

Guys please welcome Chris into the family. He has lots to give in battery knowledge. Please ask away and try to answer some of his questions as well. He will be instrumental in helping with some of the Research projects that I have on my plate for the near future.

Thanks,

John
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #822
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by crimson eagle
Hi All,

it's good to be part of the fusion crowd, I'm expecting my first set of cells in the next few days and I'm looking forward to putting these puppies through thier paces. I'm a self confessed battery geek and I have a good depth of knowledge of how these things work and a good idea of how to look after them so they can look after me. I

have known John for over a year now and this guy is extremely smart and knowledgeable about cells, and I have spoken with a lot of the matcher guys, John is the best. Whatever I can do to help others (and myself) in whatever way I can is one of my goals.

I'm mainly a 12th scale racer, been running stock and mod for a few years, right now I'm running stock and enjoying it a lot as my car is handling like a dream even though it looks a little shoddy.

I have a question for you all... How many Mah are you putting into your cells? And how are you doing it?

Generally speaking, the more you put in.... the more you get out.

On an average day I will get 4200Mah into my cells. Other than my first charge (which is always crazy high) I have got 4384Mah into my cells. These are pretty good run time gp3300 cells. I know I'm way up there but if we share some knowledge i think we can all improve which can only be good for us and good for fusion.

Chris.
t4usee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #823
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by t4usee

Sorry about that. Starting out we were discharging down to 5.4 volts, storing the batteries untill we needed them again. I did not tray the batteries before charging them again. The MAH started to drop off after a while. I noticed that some people were discharging down to 0.0 volts and then deadshorting their packs. I decided to give one of our packs a try at that. This pack was only charging up to around 2800mah and the voltage was fairly low. When I took it down to 0volts and then recharged it the mah went up to 4180 and the voltage went out the roof. Since then I have done all our packs that way and have had very good results. Still dont know if this is the best way to handle nimh packs or not but I can tell you the first battery I done was one of the Off Road specialty packs Fusion sells and it is kick a$$ to this day. We did'nt have any problem at all running it in a heat race. I have so many, now it is a awsome practice pack.
So there you go!! give me some feedback!!! Thanks John

Team Fusion
Team Tekin'
BKPaintwerks.com
t4usee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:26 AM   #824
Tech Elite

Default To All fusion Families

HAPPY EASTER !!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND !!
Old 03-26-2005, 03:37 PM   #825
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default 0.0v

Do you lose voltage over time taking your cells down to 0.0v instead of 0.9v
Futaba 8fg
Align 3gx
fire929 is offline   Reply With Quote