R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #1771
Tech Master

Talking

Tim as usual we are working on more black magic in the shop. At this time I havent been given the green light to discuss the new process just yet. As soon as I am aloowed you will here all about it here.

John

Sorry for the late replies guys but the info is coming to you soon regarding the new linear processes.
John Malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #1772
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just got my Linear Amplified batts and a buddy and I will test them out on oval this Sunday.

John, I see that you recommend the smart tray to discharge your batts. I just purchased the new Trinity DPD tray. Have you had any experience with it?
Thanks, Tom
maddog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #1773
Tech Adept

Thumbs up fusion batteries

John received my fusion linear amplified packs today.Was billed Fed-Ex home delivery fees.Came USPS.Whats up with that?One cell the shrink wrap has a small split on it.I noticed there are no labels with the standard information on them.Get to try them out tomorrow in 19turn oval will see how they go.Thanks Lance
lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #1774
Tech Master

Lance,
Not sure how that happened. You would have to ask Judy. I hope you like those packs. PLease post yoour thoughts when you get a chance. They do get better for about the first 6-8 runs before they are their best.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #1775
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Took the packs out to the track last night and ran stock buggy. WOW! I was pulling the straights so much faster than anyone else I actualy ran into the back of someone going halfway down (Yea I am still working I my driving skills ) Now I need to order some of the club packs for practice! Everyone was asking what I was running. You got quite the publicity last night.
jumpjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #1776
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Amazing batteries! I have been running Fusion Power batteries exclusivley since I started racing and these are by far the best packs that Fusion has made. They are ultra consistant and have incredible voltage. I won 1st place in the 1/12th scale stock B-main and 2nd in the 1/10th scale stock C-main, at the QURC Trophy Race. When ever someone asks what batteries they should get, I will say Fusion Power without a doubt. These packs are the best "bang-for-your-buck".
Old 01-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #1777
Tech Adept

Hi Guys

Are these Fusion 4200 packs , matched ? .. it doesnt have a label on each cell. it has one label on one of the cells and just says linear amplified. If these are matched cells, surely they would have had to have some label at some time, so they knew what each cell had in order to match it, why then take that label off ?

Thanks
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #1778
Tech Master

Moontrap there are matched versions and there are unmatched versions. Please check the website @ Fusionbatteries.com there you will find everything you need to know. or just ask here and myself or one of the other theam guys will answer for you.

John
Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #1779
Tech Adept

Hiya John

I have looked on the site, i dont see anything about matched or unmatched, all i see is a race grade pack that says its matched, yet the new black fusion power packs dont say anything about being matched, and the main picture on your page shows a 4200 pack with the 1 label i mentioned above saying "linear amplified"

i have looked through all your products on the products page and it shows nothing about matched?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #1780
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Hiya John

I have looked on the site, i dont see anything about matched or unmatched, all i see is a race grade pack that says its matched, yet the new black fusion power packs dont say anything about being matched, and the main picture on your page shows a 4200 pack with the 1 label i mentioned above saying "linear amplified"

i have looked through all your products on the products page and it shows nothing about matched?
The 'team' batteries are matched and voltaged enhanced (zapped) and the 'club' batteries are voltage enhanced (zapped) and not matched. The ones you see that are called 'linear amplified' are matched and put through a secret process called 'linear amplification', but they do not have numbers on them. I have not tried any linear amplified packs, but I have heard that they are too good to have numbers on them. Fusion does this exactly for this reason, they are too good to have numbers on them. This way they don't give away their incredible secret. Wheather you get the 'linear amplified' batteries, team or club, they are the best on the market.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #1781
Tech Adept

Well, the website is very misleading then.
If you say the club packs are not matched, then why state the below on the site.

" Fusion/EP 4200 UHV 1.21+ 400+ Sec at 35amps. V2 Voltage enhanced. "

If you are stating that , it normally means matched in the industry.

And why do they not place the cells stickers on the so called "matched" linerar amplified packs? unless they hiding something. Everyone i know of that matches packs states what each cells characteristics is.

The website should be much more clear, and which packs are matched and which are not. I dont see anyone on the site meantioning "team" packs..
Old 01-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #1782
Tech Master

Talking

The club packs are not matched. They have however been through the same process as the matched packs. In most cases the club packs arent quite racing standard numbers. Thats not to say they are bad. Usually we set a minimum voltage and runtime to make racing grade packs from. Club cells either dont meet one of those standards or we dont have enough to make a complete matched set. As for matching our shop usually will stay within 3 sec or .003 on the voltage. Thats a fairly tight standard. We cant always get all of the cells to within that standard so some become club packs. Club packs with only one label will have all cells within that pack as good as the label or better. They just might not make the tight tolerances for racing grades. As for the Linear amplified packs those are a different story. There is a new proprietary process that has been developed to ensure better life and performance form the cells. This should ensure a more stable match as well. While I cant reveal exactly how we do it the L.A. process is in addition to the regular matching process. The research for the L.A. process took more than a year and a half. There have been track tests and lab tests to prove our theories. I personally have tested packs as have some of our team drivers. The results were impressive to say the least. We were able to see measurable lap time differences on the track by using the Linear Amplified packs versus normally matched packs. I saw a .3 per lap difference at one of our test facilities by a pro driver. So give them a try and see what you think.

Last edited by John Malin; 01-26-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:46 AM   #1783
Tech Adept

Hiya

That still doesnt answer my question.. are the L.A packs matched as it only has 1 sticker and does not mention on the website whether they are matched.. Why not atleast state on the label that they are matched. To me this is very misleading, as you dont know what cells your getting. Also with the club packs, you should state unmatched, as when you list voltage and runtime and can be misunderstod as being matched.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #1784
Tech Adept

Smile fusion batteries

I purchased 3 L A packs what ever that means.Tq and won 19t touring oval with them.Nothing to compare against other then year old ib 3800.Power nevered dropped during race.Don't know why if matched and are off the charts they don't show the numbers?They did seem fine and the price is good so no complaints.
lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #1785
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Hiya

That still doesnt answer my question.. are the L.A packs matched as it only has 1 sticker and does not mention on the website whether they are matched.. Why not atleast state on the label that they are matched. To me this is very misleading, as you dont know what cells your getting. Also with the club packs, you should state unmatched, as when you list voltage and runtime and can be misunderstod as being matched.
The voltage in the LA batteries is the best on the market, that if Fusion Power showed the voltage of the batteries, they would release thier secret. From what I understand, the LA batteries under go the equivelent to a matching process. By the way, Fusion Power would see the numbers on the LA packs, and if they were bad, which is a 99.9% chance, they wouldn't sell it. Fusion Powers staff is very friendly and wouln't give you a bad deal. Batteries now usually are rarely duds. When ever I order from Fusion, they send me batteries that have voltage and run time better than any other person at my track.