R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-14-2004, 07:43 AM   #76
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JayBee
since there are a couple of matchers charging w/ 35 amps now, will SURGE start with this trend too.
We don't have plans at this time to switch over to a 35 amp rate. We will be watching to see how the market reacts to SMC's introduction of these cells. If a demand surges we will look into it!
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:51 AM   #77
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by jdwca
Glad to hear some of you guys will be coming out to Jackson. We'll all touch base as the race gets closer.

Re: South Shore Hobbies, yup, we'll be racing there this season. I'll be racing 12th scale there and possibly touring (have to divide my time between SSH and Dirt Runners indoor. Dirt Runners is closer to me and gets much better attendance (100-120 racers).

-jon
Good meeting you out at the Regionals at Jackson (I was pitting right next to you).

Not sure if I'll be at the on-road regionals there in August, but we're going to give it the ol college try. I'll be getting my car in the next couple of weeks.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:58 AM   #78
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, Mike. Good to hear from you!

Yeah, I left Saturday morning after not having any luck at all. (I wasn't going to run the B. It was time to leave ;-)) I blew two motors and lost three laps because of the AMB system failure. Chalk it up as a bad day.

BTW, I saw your last name was McBride. My best friend's name is also Mike McBride. Weird.

Anyway, if you need cells, shoot me a line at [email protected] and we'll (Surge) hook you up.

-jon
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:17 PM   #79
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Gary- I sent you an e-mail with my phone number on it. You can either call me or e-mail me you phone number (I don't have yours yet) as I would like to get those batts shipped out. I can't wait to try them. Thanks Gary.
Team Associated
Doug T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 07:40 PM   #80
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike, I was at Brownie's Hobbies in Staten Island this evening and talking with John Brown. He races 12th and touring over at South Shore. I mentioned that you drove for us and he mentioned that he was impressed with your skills particularly in 12th scale.

Thought you'd appreciate that little tidbit.

-jon
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:20 PM   #81
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Where has everyone gone? Everyone has dissapeared...we made it to the 2nd page..w0w..

Gary - Did you get my e-mail?
Old 06-18-2004, 06:45 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

car audio has me for most of the summer...the rest of my time goes to work and r/c racing of course
Old 06-18-2004, 07:20 PM   #83
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Keel
Where has everyone gone? Everyone has dissapeared...we made it to the 2nd page..w0w..

Gary - Did you get my e-mail?
Your email???
Old 06-18-2004, 07:22 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Team, you may soon have some new tricks up your sleeves.. Check out the Surge forums for an details..
Old 06-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #85
Tech Master

Saweet!

Gary - I sent you an e-mail yesterday to see if I could possibly get some decals...I sent it through the contact on the site.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:51 PM   #86
Tech Apprentice

Hey Gary,

Im writting from Melbourne Australia, to see if you guys would be interested having someone to promote,sell and race your product here in Aus as it is basically unheard of here.
I just had a look at your web site and think surge batteries could go very well in Aus as racers are allways looking for that punchy pack or run time to beat the rest.
The r/c scene is increasing at a rapid rate in Aus and the competion is getting tougher and tougher.
Thanks
Ash
ashto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:04 PM   #87
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ashto
Hey Gary,

Im writting from Melbourne Australia, to see if you guys would be interested having someone to promote,sell and race your product here in Aus as it is basically unheard of here.
I just had a look at your web site and think surge batteries could go very well in Aus as racers are allways looking for that punchy pack or run time to beat the rest.
The r/c scene is increasing at a rapid rate in Aus and the competion is getting tougher and tougher.
Thanks
Ash
Hey Ash, I heard that elec. races are run for 8 min. down in Aussie country...is that true?
Old 06-18-2004, 09:13 PM   #88
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ashto
Hey Gary,

Thanks
Ash
Hi Ash,

We are currently doing business world-wide - Japan, Great Britan, Switzerland, Germany, Indonesia, Malaysia, but no AUSTRALIA. Let's chat, maybe we can do something about that - [email protected]
Old 06-18-2004, 09:17 PM   #89
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ghuber
Team, you may soon have some new tricks up your sleeves.. Check out the Surge forums for an details..
Gary - I checked the forums, nothin is different...Did I miss something?
Old 06-18-2004, 09:45 PM   #90
Tech Apprentice

Hey Tyler,

They are tring to increase race time hear.They have started by having 6min races at my local club(tempelstow).
At first a lot of people complained and they brought back five min races for mod only.But all other classes are 6mins.It seems to working ok.I geuss when your at the track for some 9 hours and get in 25mins of racing then you probably want a little more track time.I dont mind though as any track time is good time.
ashto is offline   Reply With Quote