R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #3766
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hey Gary received the cells look great thanks

Steve eaves
Old 04-08-2005, 10:31 AM   #3767
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After a week napping (well not really, just real busy) I'm back to babble!

So JP has been enslaved himself to the revaltion voltage enhancement system and has been busy soldering and assembling each day. We got new cells in and plan to use the new system on them as long as everything tests out this weekend.

I see the Mike-man is back, he too will soon be enslaved to tune a 100 or so motors that are waiting for him. Ready to play, Mike? *GeM* alert for Surge drivers The Atlas motors have been selling well, and I think people are finding them very competitive with the C2 if geared properly. (We told you just to gear that puppy HIGH!!)

I've been testing Surge motor 'paste'. It's still in testing stages, but let me explain -- You coat the comm and brushes with a thin layer. Twist the arm by hand a couple of times and bolt it in your car. Go out on the track and RIP! The paste is only good for one run and for at least the first 1-2 min the motor will be balastic. After that, the formula seems to wear off, as does the effect.. Still, certainly something that is interesting. Depending on how track testing goes, we soon may release it. I'll keep you all posted!

We unexpectly received a sample of the new IB3800 cell (thanks danny) and will also be testing them this weekend. Based on information we are collecting, we will soon decide if we also are going to add these cells to our GP3300/3700 line. Speaking of 3700's, we have been dragging our feet on those because for the most part, GP3300s are selling three times as fast.. So we haven't felt much pressure to rush to carry them as it does not seem like their is a large demand for them quite yet.

Other then that -- I think we are soon going to get another person on staff, perhaps a full-timer to handle some of your phone calls and e-mails, at least for the summer. Spring is in the air here in the Northeast, and I have a lot of things I want to do! My CBR 600 is collecting dust, and I'm headed back to the gym for another season of weight-lifting, the NJ shore is a waiting, and that crisp mountain air with the nice view is calling my name.. And those long drives I'll be taking to race my touring car outdoors will be starting at the end of the month, so I just think it's a good idea to get an administrative assistant. I'll let you all know if we do wind up getting one so you know who you'll be dealing when you call or e-mail!!

Some Surge articles will soon be published in Driver and Car Action... that's been coming for a while now, but I now have at least one date of publication confirmed, so that's all well and good.

Other then that, it seems the Surge team is evolving.. We've been refining the current list and have been enlisting good people as we see necessary. If you sent in a sponsorship app and didn't get a reply, I apologize -- I typically let them stack up and then go through them all at once, picking out the people who stand out for one reason or another..

To the team and others -- Thanks for your continued support guys! We're contining to grow and I'm satisfied with the progress of the last few months. THANKS!

G
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #3768
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Gary, I got my motor and cells today thinks for the fast shipping. If all goes well I'll ship your body out on Monday.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:40 PM   #3769
Tech Master

Sounds great Gary i received the cells thanks for the fast response.

Steve eaves
Old 04-09-2005, 06:55 AM   #3770
Tech Master

J henry give me a call when you get a chance.

Steve eaves
Old 04-09-2005, 11:38 PM   #3771
Tech Master

Good night ran some dirt oval,been awhile tq and won 19t A main cells were stout lloking forward to the motors to match.

Steve eaves
Old 04-10-2005, 10:24 AM   #3772
Tech Master

Monte are you up for some latemodel in okc in a couple of weeks?
Old 04-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #3773
Tech Master

Paging J henry where ya at cracka give me a call.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #3774
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'va calle dyou twice punk and you don't answer. Whats up with dat??????
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #3775
Tech Addict

Steve glad to hear the batteries had some RIP... You ready to try one of the blue mean machines?
Old 04-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #3776
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Monte Hess
Gary, I got my motor and cells today thinks for the fast shipping. If all goes well I'll ship your body out on Monday.
Cool, can't wait to check it out, the beauty that Barry Gumley did for me for the nats is looking sorta roughed up (Sorry Barry, but did you get my e-mail????)

Did you try the blue mean machine this weekend??? Oh and you got a PM!!
Old 04-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #3777
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via AIM to letitroll

Man, you guys should have seen the Gate this weekend. The race was a blast. My Surge packs were Ballistic!!!
letitroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #3778
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to RYR28
Talking 4/10/05 Race Results

TQ and 2nd Place in the 19T A-Main at M.T.R in Sarasota, FL. Off to Orlando next weekend for the first race of the 2005 Florida Oval Series (FOCAR).

Gary...thanks again for the great cells. I also wanted to see if things were square with Speedline and if you had any sick cells for next weekend. Let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
RYR28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:01 AM   #3779
Tech Master

Great run chris surge rocks.

Steve eaves
Old 04-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #3780
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gary

how's things going ?

from reading above posts from other SURGE racers looks like ther running as good as I am.

I just ran my last run before Roar Nats coming up in 2 weeks at Halo Hobbies 23rd and 24th of April.

I'm running 12th scale 19 turn at Nats and i just ran it this past weekend with the 10th scale 19 turn class. There where no 12th scale cars to run against.
I finished 4th in the A main against 9 cars and only a lap and 1/2 behind the leader.
I was happy for the first race on my Leading Edge prototype 12th scale car powered by Surge Batteries.
I ran the batts i just got from you and they ran awsome
power wasn't the issue with the car.

Can't wait until Nats and run your batts against the other 12th scale cars and win a National title for Surge

thanks for the help Gary and talk to ya later
Jason Crist
jason crist is offline   Reply With Quote