R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 02-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #3421
Tech Apprentice

What's up everybody!!!

Well I've been told the Surge drivers did pretty well at the Birds. No "A" main finishers, but a strong showing with a few very good finishes nonetheless. I think gary is going to post the results a bit later... Most importantly, I hope everyone had a great weekend racing! That's what it's all about... Having a great time, and trying to kick some a%#$ in the process!

This weekend was business as usual for me. I was busy prepping batteries to ensure things were business as usual today. I did get to finish my new x-ray and hope to take it out on it's maiden voyage this weekend. God I love the smell of fresh rubber and tire traction!!! I've missed it!!

Other then that, I've been told that we're going to have a new super well-credentialed motor tuner on staff starting the end of this week... HMM...
jpaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:31 AM   #3422
Tech Apprentice

John, are you going to come to Dirtrunners with Gary this saturday? I look forward to putting a face to a name.

Gary, are my cells going to be done for saturday? Also on the Dirtrunners thread on HT Mark is looking to get some 4 cell packs. I am not sure what ones he is looking for. He is parma24 on there. If you get a chance you can let me know about my stuff on here or PM me. Thanks,...............WAYNE
wayneny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #3423
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by wayneny
John, are you going to come to Dirtrunners with Gary this saturday? I look forward to putting a face to a name.

Gary, are my cells going to be done for saturday? Also on the Dirtrunners thread on HT Mark is looking to get some 4 cell packs. I am not sure what ones he is looking for. He is parma24 on there. If you get a chance you can let me know about my stuff on here or PM me. Thanks,...............WAYNE
Yeah I'm coming too, I need your track to try my car on. We're also bringing a newbie named Jeff, he got a TC3 so he could come race with us. It should be a good time!!!
jpaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #3424
Tech Apprentice

Default Saturday!

John, come hungry, this saturday is third annual Dirtrunners Pizza Party.

Good move bringing Eric Beltz to the Surge team. He is a positive person willing to help anyone out. He will be a great ambassador for Surge.

See you guys on sat...................WAYNE
Old 02-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #3425
Tech Apprentice

Long time no post...

Anyway -- Is anyone heading to the ROAR Nats in CT in March?

I'd be interested in getting picked up at the airport and overall mooching off somebody.

-Mike Collins
Team Surge
MCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:27 PM   #3426
RJ1
Tech Adept

Congrats to Frank Ulbrick for winning the Factory Mod B-main down at the snowbirds in oval, against some stiff competition. Good run man, not exactely sure how everyone else fared.
RJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:32 PM   #3427
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Nat's

Quote:
Originally posted by MCollins
Long time no post...

Anyway -- Is anyone heading to the ROAR Nats in CT in March?

I'd be interested in getting picked up at the airport and overall mooching off somebody.

-Mike Collins
Team Surge
Mike, I will be there, but sorry I am a local to Hobby Chamber. Hope to see you there. Also, everyone there are explicit rules for practice. Contact HC, for guidelines....
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:58 PM   #3428
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well after a long weekend racing at the Birds, here are the results of the Surge team drivers:

Brian Lutz - 3rd place 4wd stock D main
Brian Lutz - 5th place 4wd 19t B main
Mike Haynes - 4th place 12th mod C main
Mike Haynes - 1st place 4wd mod E main
Mike Haynes - 3rd place 4wd expert E main
Chris Lawson - 3rd place stock oval C main
Chris Lawson - 7th place expert 19t C main
Frank Ulbrick - 1st place factory mod B main
Tim Potter - 3rd place 4wd stock E main
Tim Potter - 3rd place 4wd 19t C main

You guys did very well.. Congrats go out to all of you. It's gonna be all A mains next year and at Cleveland at the year of this year... Until then, we're going to keep building our team -- I think a couple *very* good drivers are going to be making they're way to us real soon.

Mike C - Glad to see you finally droppin' in!! The mystery main has appeared! -- It's about time!! I'm DEF going to the nats at HC.. hope to see you there with some very small packages..

JP - You better have made that call today... Or else your DEAD!!

Last edited by ghuber; 02-15-2005 at 09:14 AM.
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #3429
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by wayneny

Bad news, Wanye. Don't think I'll be racing sat. Today I got JP a hot date with my girlfriends friend (This girl is smokin!) so I think we're gonna do a double date type thing on saturday. I may try and make the date friday instead so I can come racing, I have to see how the week goes.

JP is gonna be like when he see's this girl... Everyone please call him choker from now on... <inside joke>
Old 02-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #3430
Tech Apprentice

Gary, any chance of you dropping off my cells at Zeppelin on friday? I will be there by 6:00. You don't have to go crazy but if it is at all possible. Thanks..........WAYNE

You guys need to get your priorities straightened out. Dates over racing. You can go on dates anytime, but you can only race sometimes. HA HA HA!!!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:42 AM   #3431
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

congrats to all team surge who made it at the snowbird, and now anybody thinking of going to the REEDY RACE of champions on-road this year the flyer is out. i'm currently working on to have a vacation so i can go, it was fun when i went 2003. and i think to order to get in there doing a lottery pick again, so that's a 50/50 chances.

Last edited by tony q; 02-17-2005 at 09:04 PM.
tony q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:24 AM   #3432
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gary, you forgot my 12th scale mod c main 4th place.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:25 AM   #3433
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Nat's

Quote:
Originally posted by Raul Garcia
Mike, I will be there, but sorry I am a local to Hobby Chamber. Hope to see you there. Also, everyone there are explicit rules for practice. Contact HC, for guidelines....
Do i dare ask what?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #3434
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rcracingkid
Gary, you forgot my 12th scale mod c main 4th place.
Woops!! My bad.. I fixed my original post just for you.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #3435
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Thanks for the quick reply Gary got all the info I need
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote