R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #3331
Tech Apprentice

After a run of processing batteries, all I can say is WOW!!! Out of the hundreds of GP3300 cells I did over the last 5 days like 75% are 1.18+ A lot of high 1.18's and even some low 1.19+ cells as well. I understand that GP recently upped the quality of their cell, but this is crazy!! No complaints here though!!

Hope you all had a good weekend!!!

JP
jpaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:27 PM   #3332
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to PipeMagnet Send a message via Yahoo to PipeMagnet

With all the advancements coming for Surge, it is sure to be an interesting year of racing! I see that you are looking for new team drivers, when will we be able to see the new face of Surge Worldwide?
PipeMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:36 PM   #3333
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Looks like we are going to have some mad rip for the Birds. Keep up the great work John. I can see why Gary was happy to bring you on board. Stage 5 packs to be released to the public soon.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #3334
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian L
Looks like we are going to have some mad rip for the Birds. Keep up the great work John. I can see why Gary was happy to bring you on board. Stage 5 packs to be released to the public soon.
No doubt, Brian!! We've been working non-stop around the clock to get things movin!! I've also been assembling my new xray which I intend to pull out of the gates next weekend. My brother is awesome with an airbrush, so I signed him up to start work on an awesome Surge body for me.. Pics to come!!

Oh BTW, I boxed your packs up yesterday, they should be shipping tomorrow. Next time around you'll be able to get Stage6's..

JP
jpaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #3335
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default HC Carpet State Champs

Well Gary, and John,
just wanted to let you guys know how things went today. TQ'd Stock, and finished 2nd. WHat a rough start, creamed off the grid, and demolished to tength. I caught up to 2nd place by th end. 2 turns away from first. Oh, well, I clearly had the quickest car, but it was a good day. I proved a point, in the mist of X-rays, they dont always win.... Happy enough with TQ from the 1st minute to the end. I complained to the owner of HC, that the grid wasnt spread enough, and he will correct this for the regionals. You guys are going to like the current layout, FAST!....10.5 sec laps... plus 10ft lane in frt of the stand as a buffer, nice. He did a good job on this one.
TTYL.
BTW, Gary I havent been able to get on the forum still....????
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #3336
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Good job Raul, congrats on the TQ.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:15 AM   #3337
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default :)

Thanks Jack...
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:25 AM   #3338
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to UnderDaHill

Just a little race status for me since Raul started it.

I've TQ'ed and finished first in 4 out of the last 5 Wednesday night club races. Usually by over a lap. I still hold the stock touring track record. Well, at least my car does as I let the local hot shoe drive it and he broke my record with my own car.

I'm moving up to 19t and Mod from now on to race with the more experienced guys and force myself to learn a bit more. I already run 19t from time to time and usually finish in the top 3 when I have my head on strait.

Now I just have to decide if I want to run 19t or Mod at regionals in February.

bob
UnderDaHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:12 AM   #3339
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PipeMagnet
With all the advancements coming for Surge, it is sure to be an interesting year of racing! I see that you are looking for new team drivers, when will we be able to see the new face of Surge Worldwide?
The new face of Surge Worldwide.. lol, I like that. Things have been developing rapidly, stay tuned. Website will be updated shortly.
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:16 AM   #3340
Tech Rookie

Default New Guy

Hey Everyone Im kinda new on the Surge team, Im an oval racer from the Detroit Mi. area so if anyone has any oval Q's I can hook ya up. Good luck to all you on road cats at the birds see ya in a week.
"Frank Ulbrik" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:18 AM   #3341
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Congrats and welcome to the team. Good luck at the Birds.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:02 PM   #3342
RJ1
Tech Adept

Frank, welcome to the team, nice to have another oval racer along for the ride to the top. What kinda of car do you run.
RJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:06 PM   #3343
Tech Rookie

Default ....

"thanks". Currently Im running for Leading Edge.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #3344
Tech Apprentice

Default New oval guy

Maybe Gary will throw together sets of bearings for oval cars now.

BTW Frank, what can you tell me about RCSCREWZ track? Have you ever raced there? What kind of oval turnout do they get? I grew up in Dearborn and my parents still live in Farmington Hills, so it'd be nice to get some racing in when I go to visit them.
rcbarrmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #3345
Tech Rookie

Default Track

Well, RCSREWZ was just carpeted recently. I know they haven't held any oval races yet. I haven't seen the carpet yet but I hear that it's not the smoothest track, thats just what I have heard. The track is about an hour from where I live. Im gonna check it out after the birds. I hope that place starts to get an oval crowd, it would be the closest place for me to race.
Whenever your in town just shoot me an e-mail & I'll let ya know where the oval racing is happening. Usually Lansing or Toledo Oh.