R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #3241
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Heck yea!!

Now my races go through a checklist before I go...

1) Is it always about 0*-10* outside without 2 inches of snow?
2) Does the track make you constantly inhale 3 pounds of dust a day?
3) Do the cheeseburgers go for less than 4 bucks?
and
4) Are factory drivers running stock?

Toughest race I've probably been to so far...Making both C's was a great accomplishment

TK
Old 01-18-2005, 07:53 AM   #3242
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Remember what you first told me....Your parents didnt want you to go because it wasnt a national.....IT WAS TOUGHER!!! Im sure you learned alot too.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:01 AM   #3243
Tech Master

Yes, I did learn a lot.
-Jamie is a dremel master
-Larry is quite possibly the tallest man alive
-People from Indiana like pink and purple
-Ceiling dust is not good for the respratory system
-And 2 space heaters kikin 10,000 btu's can't warm up a building the size of Texas...

Yea, I know my parents didn't want me to go b/c it wasn't a national...*but*...when they learned that the Mod Nats were in Conn., it was all smooth sailing...

TK
Old 01-18-2005, 08:02 AM   #3244
Super Moderator

Ok well you have 6 months to convince them to let you go there too
Old 01-18-2005, 08:53 AM   #3245
Tech Fanatic

Congrats on a good finish, Tyler. You going to be at the Creek this weekend?

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:50 PM   #3246
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jamie Fredericks Send a message via MSN to Jamie Fredericks

my tires are dialed!!! send em my way and you know they work. right TK?
Jamie Fredericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #3247
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Cant seem to find the post on Dead Shorting.

Is this the proper way to do it?

take them down as far as you can on a 30 amp discharger than Dead short them on the Novak DS setting.

ANd finally solder a wire across the positive and negative.

Thanks,

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:36 AM   #3248
Super Moderator

John im not familiar with the novak tray but if you take the cells all the way down and then put them on a tray you then just solder the wire on immediately after. Just make sure that you stay consistant. dont dead short your pack one week and then leave it normal the next. it will hurt performance. if you dead short i would only run your pack once that day. which means you need 4 packs. hope this helps.

Bob
Old 01-19-2005, 07:53 AM   #3249
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Mincey
Congrats on a good finish, Tyler. You going to be at the Creek this weekend?

Rob
Whats up Rob? Thanks for the kind words...very tough race. I won't be at ACR this weekend, I'll be up in Hutch with you guys at the Blizzard Bash Rug Race You are going right?

TK
Old 01-19-2005, 08:24 AM   #3250
Tech Fanatic

Nope, can't make it. Can't get out of my Friday nite job this weekend. Looks like I'll probably be at the Creek.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #3251
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by smyka
JDWCA lets hear the long story.
long story made short. Nobody Beats Smyka @ Madness!!!!
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:57 PM   #3252
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well Surge loyalists I suppose it's time for me to address everyone in light of some interesting developments...

I wasn't going to say anything quite yet, but since Danny from SMC let the cat out of the bag on his end, I guess there's no harm in me announcing... In the very near future we will also be carrying Intellect cells. We tested cell samples about a month ago they were pretty good. I think the most important performance characteristic to note is the cells very low IR. Other then that, they fair pretty much fair the same as GP other then the discharge curve. One interesting note is from the results of our testing, they absolutely HATE deadshorting. It seems the cells perform worse and degrade very quickly when left in a zero voltage condition -- So for all you deadshorting junkies, I'd hold up on doing that until the final verdict is out.

As far as Intellects and ROAR approval -- Unless some other battery matcher (Cough, cough) has a magic trick up their sleeve, I do not think these cells will be approved for sanctioned events until next year. We tried to submit the cell for approval, but were told it was too late, and that we'd have to wait until next year.

Oh and one final tidbit of news -- After a long 6 month wait, the HIPM v2 zapping system has been built and is now awaiting final testing. If all goes well, we will once again be using the most unique, advanced voltage enhancement system on the planet.

Questions, comments?

Last edited by ghuber; 01-19-2005 at 06:25 PM.
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #3253
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Barry
John im not familiar with the novak tray but if you take the cells all the way down and then put them on a tray you then just solder the wire on immediately after. Just make sure that you stay consistant. dont dead short your pack one week and then leave it normal the next. it will hurt performance. if you dead short i would only run your pack once that day. which means you need 4 packs. hope this helps.

Bob
Thanks Bob,

Just wanted to make sure i was doing it right. And yea I have enough packs so i only used them once a week or less.

Thanks again.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:44 AM   #3254
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Quote:
Originally posted by ghuber
Well Surge loyalists I suppose it's time for me to address everyone in light of some interesting developments...

I wasn't going to say anything quite yet, but since Danny from SMC let the cat out of the bag on his end, I guess there's no harm in me announcing... In the very near future we will also be carrying Intellect cells. We tested cell samples about a month ago they were pretty good. I think the most important performance characteristic to note is the cells very low IR. Other then that, they fair pretty much fair the same as GP other then the discharge curve. One interesting note is from the results of our testing, they absolutely HATE deadshorting. It seems the cells perform worse and degrade very quickly when left in a zero voltage condition -- So for all you deadshorting junkies, I'd hold up on doing that until the final verdict is out.

As far as Intellects and ROAR approval -- Unless some other battery matcher (Cough, cough) has a magic trick up their sleeve, I do not think these cells will be approved for sanctioned events until next year. We tried to submit the cell for approval, but were told it was too late, and that we'd have to wait until next year.

Oh and one final tidbit of news -- After a long 6 month wait, the HIPM v2 zapping system has been built and is now awaiting final testing. If all goes well, we will once again be using the most unique, advanced voltage enhancement system on the planet.

Questions, comments?
Hey Gary,

The Intellect cells sound good. My only question would be why Surge would be stocking them if they are not legal for racing?? Aside from that, I think they sound like a great thing if what you say is correct about their performance. I'd like to think that the batteries were enhancing a bit more technically, rather then just by mah. By the way, what sorts of mah will they be?? Still 3300 or stuff like 3700?? I don't really know much about these Intellect cells as yet.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:56 AM   #3255
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey Guys, I just got a hold of the Finish Line F style brush we all been hearing about, I will be doing some serious testing this weekend with them and plan to use these as a major part of our tuning process. I will let you know more after the weekend.

Those intereastead in Brushes,shoot me a E-mail at [email protected] as my other E-mail right now is down THX.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC

Last edited by John Tag; 01-20-2005 at 06:05 AM.
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote