R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM   #1861
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

2004 Missouri Offroad State Champs...

Hey just wanted to let all you guys know that Surge/EA/UGX was represented well this week in Missouri...

I entered 3 classes (Stock/Mod Truck, Stock Buggy) and made all 3 A's.

Stock Truck - TQ, 1st Place Overall A-Main
Mod Truck - Q'd 3rd, 4th Overall A-Main
Stock Buggy - Q'd 7th, 8th Overall A-Main

My buggy body also got 3rd in Concourse if that counts for anything...

So to make a long story short, ///SURGE Worldwide was brought home a State Title this weekend...

L8, TK
Old 10-25-2004, 07:14 AM   #1862
Tech Adept

Seems Surge website isn't working, so I'll post the results here.

Went to the Half Fast Gas Blast at The Barn in Chester NY yesterday. I did a few setups in practice & my truck felt awesome. Very different track from what they normally have, including having a giant crossover, a tall elevation change, & a rhythm section on the back straightaway. Pretty hard to find a setup in those conditions.

First round, I got hacked around by some guys which cost me about 7 seconds. Nonetheless, I still won w\ a 10\5:30. I was also TQ for that round. In the second round, I improved, but I was a little slower than the previous round. 10\5:26 was my time.

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side for the 20 minute A-main. At the start, 2nd place took me out on the giant crossover, instantly dropping me from 1st to 8th. I had to make up time, which I did. 3 laps later I moved up to 3rd & was only 3 seconds behind the lead. I passed 2nd, then got bumped in the pipe by 2nd. Then I passed him again, & pulled away. Crashed again on the straightaway rhythms, didn't get passed but the leader pulled out to a 10 second lead. I figured this was a good time to pit, so I did. From then until the 2nd pitstop, I was truly racing, didn't crash once in that time. I was pulling off some really good laps, 30.9s, 31.0s, 31.1s, & was catching the lead easily. Then I crashed a few times after the 2nd pitstop about 16 or 17 minutes into the main, & fell back again. In the end, Anthony Mazzara(Losi\Trinity)won. I was 2nd, only a few seconds infront of him from being lapped. I later figured my engine was too rich from the cool temperatures, which also slowed me down which made most of my crashes. Sorry Surge, my bad .
MikeAbrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:16 AM   #1863
Tech Adept

Oh yeah congrats to Mike Haynes & Tyler Keel .
MikeAbrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:33 AM   #1864
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Great job Mike and Tyler!!!
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:35 AM   #1865
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys, in both of my touring mains, i was the fastest car, but i had some problems, i was able to make up time on the leaders but it was not enough.

In 12th scale it was an awesome race, but a clip of the board was to much time for me to make up again to catch Mark.

Last edited by Mike Haynes; 10-25-2004 at 02:17 PM.
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:32 PM   #1866
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Congrats Mike and Tyler

Good news guys, I read today the new layout for the Regionals at DC is down and ready for this weekend with a chance there might be a wed practice this wed night. That should be great for the guys that havent been there to get some serious track time.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:33 PM   #1867
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You're kidding! That is good news.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:39 PM   #1868
Tech Champion

The Quote from the owners post about the layout was, Flows like J-Lo and is tight as Hillarys Duff

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
Old 10-25-2004, 02:18 PM   #1869
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yikes!

haha
Old 10-25-2004, 02:28 PM   #1870
Tech Champion

hmmm...sounds like a fun ride...track
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:26 PM   #1871
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeAbrams
Seems Surge website isn't working, so I'll post the results here.

Went to the Half Fast Gas Blast at The Barn in Chester NY yesterday. I did a few setups in practice & my truck felt awesome. Very different track from what they normally have, including having a giant crossover, a tall elevation change, & a rhythm section on the back straightaway. Pretty hard to find a setup in those conditions.

First round, I got hacked around by some guys which cost me about 7 seconds. Nonetheless, I still won w\ a 10\5:30. I was also TQ for that round. In the second round, I improved, but I was a little slower than the previous round. 10\5:26 was my time.

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side for the 20 minute A-main. At the start, 2nd place took me out on the giant crossover, instantly dropping me from 1st to 8th. I had to make up time, which I did. 3 laps later I moved up to 3rd & was only 3 seconds behind the lead. I passed 2nd, then got bumped in the pipe by 2nd. Then I passed him again, & pulled away. Crashed again on the straightaway rhythms, didn't get passed but the leader pulled out to a 10 second lead. I figured this was a good time to pit, so I did. From then until the 2nd pitstop, I was truly racing, didn't crash once in that time. I was pulling off some really good laps, 30.9s, 31.0s, 31.1s, & was catching the lead easily. Then I crashed a few times after the 2nd pitstop about 16 or 17 minutes into the main, & fell back again. In the end, Anthony Mazzara(Losi\Trinity)won. I was 2nd, only a few seconds infront of him from being lapped. I later figured my engine was too rich from the cool temperatures, which also slowed me down which made most of my crashes. Sorry Surge, my bad .
A Surge driver running gas?? Tisk tisk..
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:26 PM   #1872
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats Mike and Tyler.. You two boyz are CLEANING HOUSE! Now that's what it's all about...
ghuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #1873
Tech Champion

Good run Mike...you had it.

Tyler, im gettin tired of sayin this, but, congrats
thats the natural way of gettin it done!!

Good run for Team SURGE!!
Old 10-25-2004, 04:36 PM   #1874
Tech Champion

Hey Gary,Bob isn't that big that he should get 2 spots on the drivers photos Or is Robert his AKA

Just Messing Bob

Old 10-25-2004, 04:44 PM   #1875
Tech Champion

AKA!!

hahahaha