R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #391
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LOVE my Boss 17.5 in non-boosted TC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a chance to run my TC6 last night. Only had a busted LTC-R body to run, so I made do. DAMN, this thing is DIALED IN!!!!!

Just a few more little tweaks I want to try, but WOW. Struggled to put my X12 powered TC5 into the high 13s no matter what set up I've put on it, even with the help of some of the local hot drivers, who always had trouble with the 5 as well.

But I was running consistent low 12s to high 11s at my local track with the Boss powered TC6. I've been the slowest guy at the track week to week in our points series (you have NO idea how bad that sucks!!!), but that all seems to be at an end! Can't wait for Saturday! 10.5-11.5sec laps gets you into the A, and we've been getting enough participation in non-boosted to run a full C.

Running the as delivered +10 degrees of motor timing and a 35/78 gear (4.46 FDR) and coming off a run at about 105F, so there's probably more room in temp (up to 160F) than gears will physically fit, although I've been told that up to a 38 will fit. That or I'll have to go to 64P for more options and tighter ratios.

It was like one of those "Lightbulb finally went on" moments where I realized that my old equipment has been holding me back for a while now!

This thing is scarry quiet, too! Hardly makes a sound zipping down the track.

Thanks again for an awesome motor!

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #392
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
LOVE my Boss 17.5 in non-boosted TC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a chance to run my TC6 last night. Only had a busted LTC-R body to run, so I made do. DAMN, this thing is DIALED IN!!!!!

Just a few more little tweaks I want to try, but WOW. Struggled to put my X12 powered TC5 into the high 13s no matter what set up I've put on it, even with the help of some of the local hot drivers, who always had trouble with the 5 as well.

But I was running consistent low 12s to high 11s at my local track with the Boss powered TC6. I've been the slowest guy at the track week to week in our points series (you have NO idea how bad that sucks!!!), but that all seems to be at an end! Can't wait for Saturday! 10.5-11.5sec laps gets you into the A, and we've been getting enough participation in non-boosted to run a full C.

Running the as delivered +10 degrees of motor timing and a 35/78 gear (4.46 FDR) and coming off a run at about 105F, so there's probably more room in temp (up to 160F) than gears will physically fit, although I've been told that up to a 38 will fit. That or I'll have to go to 64P for more options and tighter ratios.

It was like one of those "Light bulb finally went on" moments where I realized that my old equipment has been holding me back for a while now!

This thing is scary quiet, too! Hardly makes a sound zipping down the track.

Thanks again for an awesome motor! Your Welcome
I'm really glad to hear that the motor and new car is getting you the results you wanted! I would definitely save up and get yourself some 64P gears as it will help you dial that motor in a lot easier! I'm curious to hear what would happen with your times as you went up in pinion's! If you stick with the 48P I would suggest lowering the motor timing down to 5 degrees finding the gear that suits the track at five degrees then fine tuning your motor with timing! Its just a suggestion and you might find yourself .5 second faster!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #393
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Buckaroo. If you're interested in some more help with that motor, let me know. But don't expect it to heat up too much more. Even boosted class is only getting me to 120 degrees.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:56 AM   #394
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectriMagician View Post
I'm really glad to hear that the motor and new car is getting you the results you wanted! I would definitely save up and get yourself some 64P gears as it will help you dial that motor in a lot easier! I'm curious to hear what would happen with your times as you went up in pinion's! If you stick with the 48P I would suggest lowering the motor timing down to 5 degrees finding the gear that suits the track at five degrees then fine tuning your motor with timing! Its just a suggestion and you might find yourself .5 second faster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Buckaroo. If you're interested in some more help with that motor, let me know. But don't expect it to heat up too much more. Even boosted class is only getting me to 120 degrees.
Thanks. I'm going down the road with the 48P for this week and maybe next, until my selection of 64P stuff arrives! Good to know on the timing. I haven't taken the motor apart or anything yet. Is there anything special I need to know about changing the timing? Just loosen the motor bolts and rotate the timing tab?

Tony, I'll talk to you Saturday at the track!

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:33 AM   #395
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Thanks. Is there anything special I need to know about changing the timing? Just loosen the motor bolts and rotate the timing tab?

Tony, I'll talk to you Saturday at the track!
Nothing special. I'll be happy to show you Saturday. Great motors.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #396
Tech Initiate

HI Nate did you get the package I sent you today?
Fireball10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #397
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball10 View Post
HI Nate did you get the package I sent you today?
I don't believe so as I don't see it in my work area. I will check on it in the morning though as I just returned home from the track!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #398
Tech Regular

I want to send out a BEST WISHES to all drivers heading to Flordia this week. I hope everyone has a great time and sucess is in your corner! If anyone has a question feel free to PM me or call and I'll do my best to assist you guys!

Ron just run the friggin motor! Hanulec I sure hope your last minute investment pays dividends for you! Larry good luck hope you dont have to wrench to much!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #399
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Frank Mertz Send a message via Yahoo to Frank Mertz

Yesterday was the first week out with the 17.5 1 Cell on the oval in McAdoo PA. I TQ'd and won with it 2 seconds off my Track Record on a "slow" track. Thanks for the HP Nate. I think this motor might have potential on the Oval.
www.mertzracing.com *www.strandrcracing.com
Frank Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #400
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Would love to get one of the 17.5 1 cell motors, but there's no option on the website, just wanna make sure I get the right one. Any suggestions, maybe just call 'em directly, huh.
Assoc. F6 (Cuz we run them with RUBBER TIRES!)
Mr. Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #401
Tech Initiate

talked with Nate the other day and he was waiting for the v3 17.5 one cell motors to come in.

Nate you got a pm
Fireball10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #402
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

I am also looking for a 1 cell 13.5 for my 1/12. Would be nice to get an answer.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #403
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey nat have u tried messing with the DUO3 motors? Just wanting to know what ur take was on them or if the motor u currently mod are still top of the line in speed?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #404
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby View Post
Would love to get one of the 17.5 1 cell motors, but there's no option on the website, just wanna make sure I get the right one. Any suggestions, maybe just call 'em directly, huh.
Handle through PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball10 View Post
talked with Nate the other day and he was waiting for the v3 17.5 one cell motors to come in.

Nate you got a pm
PM replied to~Yes you are correct I am waiting for a shipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
I am also looking for a 1 cell 13.5 for my 1/12. Would be nice to get an answer.
I have 13.5 1 cell motors in stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 View Post
Hey nat have u tried messing with the DUO3 motors? Just wanting to know what ur take was on them or if the motor u currently mod are still top of the line in speed?
DOU motors have always been very good motors. I chose the SP motors and like them very much and will not be offering any DOU motors!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #405
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Thanks to Nate for the good power at the birds. My driving generally sucked or I would of been a lot better off.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote