Like Tree59Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga View Post
the single capacitor which is similar the the LRPs is my replacement cap as well and since installing it on the b32, it has been running very well and no symptoms whatsoever
Sounds like they are trying to figure out which cap works best lol. Well good news for me, they sent me the new ESC and it will arrive either today or tomorrow. But I will most likely put it in one of my backup cars to test rather than my main buggy for now. Then if things go well I'll be back on the ORCA train

EDIT: I received the replacement ESC and no alternative cap was included. Just the original small dual cap that I originally got with my ESC. So I will be reusing the larger single cap they sent me since that is supposed to be better than the small dual cap. I won't really get to test for a couple of weeks but their service was pretty dang quick

Last edited by EbbTide; 03-06-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

I Would like to give some insight regarding the Blitreme 17.5.I Recently switched from a TSR the one 17.5, without sugar coating it I wanted the new ORCA to be on par with it if not slightly improved. I run on a med sized black carpet track

I knew this thing lots of rpm. With the Alum screws I picked up 800-1200 rpms in the lower amp draw range and 600-900 rpm in the higher amp draw / timing range. On the endbell with the 17.5 in Race mode I have it at 4.54 right now FDR with 51 on the can for endbell timing and the car rocks! I started with a 4.25 DFR and kept going up on the gear like some others had mentioned. I think it could even use a little more so 4.6x next time around. I ran faster over the 6 min period with my new combo and a tenth drop average on lap time.

All in all I am super happy with the "new" motors and they do like gearing. I found between 46-51 timing on the can very usable depending on the gearing and resistance of the chassis.. Time to work on my 21.5 next Besides Motor, I know my car inside out it always performs lap after lap for a good test basis. What I like more and more with these newer motors is they can have rip with the higher gearing and the punch through the pack is really nice. On top of all your other Stock tricks, driving skills and rc force powers Once I get the ceramic bearings it will just top it all off. All ran with the Gen 4 8500 Battery

-Not taking anything away from the TSR's as I find them the staple of what needs to be competitive in the stock categories as far as motor capable. I know the gen 2 "the one" has a tad more rpm and resistance from them as well.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

@Dasilva3525

How long is the straight you're running on? On my blitreme 17.5 i'm at about 50 degrees timing and 4.19 FDR with a straight around 80-90 feet long and want to try to 4.4 next :-)
Old 03-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525 View Post
I Would like to give some insight regarding the Blitreme 17.5.I Recently switched from a TSR the one 17.5, without sugar coating it I wanted the new ORCA to be on par with it if not slightly improved. I run on a med sized black carpet track

I knew this thing lots of rpm. With the Alum screws I picked up 800-1200 rpms in the lower amp draw range and 600-900 rpm in the higher amp draw / timing range. On the endbell with the 17.5 in Race mode I have it at 4.54 right now FDR with 51 on the can for endbell timing and the car rocks! I started with a 4.25 DFR and kept going up on the gear like some others had mentioned. I think it could even use a little more so 4.6x next time around. I ran faster over the 6 min period with my new combo and a tenth drop average on lap time.

All in all I am super happy with the "new" motors and they do like gearing. I found between 46-51 timing on the can very usable depending on the gearing and resistance of the chassis.. Time to work on my 21.5 next Besides Motor, I know my car inside out it always performs lap after lap for a good test basis. What I like more and more with these newer motors is they can have rip with the higher gearing and the punch through the pack is really nice. On top of all your other Stock tricks, driving skills and rc force powers Once I get the ceramic bearings it will just top it all off. All ran with the Gen 4 8500 Battery

-Not taking anything away from the TSR's as I find them the staple of what needs to be competitive in the stock categories as far as motor capable. I know the gen 2 "the one" has a tad more rpm and resistance from them as well.
Great job with the exploration of gearing. Given all of the tools, dyno and meters - so far the motor is showing really strong promise in the mid to high 4.x's. All things need to be considered including application, track, surface and ESCs.

I think you will find that as you drop a tooth you can add some motor timing back in. My tested limit 5.x FDR with 60D timing; but be warned you need to watch temps and will need to adjust the ESCs PWM to greater than 5k. The car will sound like it has a two speed.

The RPM range of the motor is its strongest attribute but for those that hope to carry the same gearing as their torque motor - take a couple of teeth less of FDR and go from there. Keep it up!
fx35rc and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
@Dasilva3525

How long is the straight you're running on? On my blitreme 17.5 i'm at about 50 degrees timing and 4.19 FDR with a straight around 80-90 feet long and want to try to 4.4 next :-)
Our straight is about 70-80 so we are real close You will be impressed with the gearing for sure. Like MDawson said, lot's of rpm. When I was at 55 or 56 degrees on the can it cracked 29,500 or 30,000rpm. If you guys want to touch the higher power band.. treat yourself
Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525 View Post
Our straight is about 70-80 so we are real close You will be impressed with the gearing for sure. Like MDawson said, lot's of rpm. When I was at 55 or 56 degrees on the can it cracked 29,500 or 30,000rpm. If you guys want to touch the higher power band.. treat yourself
Thanks dasilva3525! I'll try out 4.5 next time around :-)
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am a recent convert to ORCA (Prev. experience with HW and SpeedPassion) so I am familiar with the updates and how to interface with Program box and connection along with the ESC.

I did search out the connection process, Hence the info I found below below.

Originally Posted by sparksy View Post
The instructions are fairly vague in the manual for the speedy. Non existent for the Program Card.

I did the following and it worked for me:

1. Create a folder in the sd card called "firmware".

2. Copy firmware to the new "firmware' folder.

3. Insert the sd card into the Program Card.

4. Hold down the ENTER button on the program card while powering up. (I've used a usb cable to power)

5. It should show you the current firmware. Press ENTER.

6. It should now show you the update you want to load. Press ENTER.

The new firmware will now update to the program card.
For the newer SD box to work, does one still need this adapter for the box to be read by the computer?
ORCA USB LINK | ORCA Team Ltd.

I used a std Micro USB cord and the Box just read "Connecting Link" but I never saw anything. I could remove the micro SD, and I have created and copied SOME .BIN software/Firmware updates to the card.

Is creating a "Folder" necessary on the SD card or can just the raw file just sit on the card?

I also have the older VX-1 ESC in my TC setup for 17.5 blinky. In looking at the files on the ORCA page, this newer SD based Prog. box should be backwards compatible correct? (I have the prev. Prog box , but lack the USB cord) I was told by the prev. pro who owned it, that I shouldn't need to change anything.) but for posterity, I would like to just have 1 prog card.)

VRITRA VX-1 1:12 ESC TITANIUM | ORCA Team Ltd.

Thanks, can't wait to try out the new R32X.

MOmo
Old 03-15-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A folder is a requirement. Same with naming the folder firmware. Make sure to hold down the program card enter button when you power on the esc.

Originally Posted by MOmo View Post
I am a recent convert to ORCA (Prev. experience with HW and SpeedPassion) so I am familiar with the updates and how to interface with Program box and connection along with the ESC.

I did search out the connection process, Hence the info I found below below.

For the newer SD box to work, does one still need this adapter for the box to be read by the computer?
ORCA USB LINK | ORCA Team Ltd.

I used a std Micro USB cord and the Box just read "Connecting Link" but I never saw anything. I could remove the micro SD, and I have created and copied SOME .BIN software/Firmware updates to the card.

Is creating a "Folder" necessary on the SD card or can just the raw file just sit on the card?

I also have the older VX-1 ESC in my TC setup for 17.5 blinky. In looking at the files on the ORCA page, this newer SD based Prog. box should be backwards compatible correct? (I have the prev. Prog box , but lack the USB cord) I was told by the prev. pro who owned it, that I shouldn't need to change anything.) but for posterity, I would like to just have 1 prog card.)

VRITRA VX-1 1:12 ESC TITANIUM | ORCA Team Ltd.

Thanks, can't wait to try out the new R32X.

MOmo
Old 03-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga View Post
the single capacitor which is similar the the LRPs is my replacement cap as well and since installing it on the b32, it has been running very well and no symptoms whatsoever
Yep. Iíve got same. Havenít run them yet though.

But....

Apparently this is the one we should all be running.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JETT View Post
Anyone know when ORCA will do the trade-inís on the older R32 esc?
Bump
Old 03-19-2018, 09:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JETT View Post
Anyone know when ORCA will do the trade-inís on the older R32 esc?
Theres nothing official yet. Orca is REALLY bad at communicating with their customers. You will have to contact your local distributor and see if they have any programs.

I was able to contact Keith who handles the north american market and he was able to send me the R32x logic board to change myself.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
Theres nothing official yet. Orca is REALLY bad at communicating with their customers. You will have to contact your local distributor and see if they have any programs.

I was able to contact Keith who handles the north american market and he was able to send me the R32x logic board to change myself.
Can you give me Keiths contact and I will try to do the same.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Yu View Post
If anyone having issues or questions about the orca products Please email me directly. I usually handles the US market but if anyone need help just email me and I will do my best to help.

My email is [email protected]
Old 03-31-2018, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I am having an issue with both of my vx3 speedos. When I go to turn them off only the fan goes off and not the speedo. I tried to change the switch and their still doing it.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cjkiefer View Post
I am having an issue with both of my vx3 speedos. When I go to turn them off only the fan goes off and not the speedo. I tried to change the switch and their still doing it.
Please email [email protected] about your esc problem.
Sounds like the CPU board have problem. Also cc me when you contact them
My email is [email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.