Search
Like Tree63Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 06:12 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juniorabca
Not sure what happened to the Orca website but they do not list any of the VX3 systems on the website. Further to this they do not even have the firmware's available for download anymore. Does anyone know what is happening or where I can get the most up to date files from?

On a side note I tried to connect a VX-1 up with the USB Link and it will not find it for some reason. Does anyone know if the new software works on Windows 10? Going to try google next but hope someone can help out here first..

Jr
www.orcarc.com works just fine.

The software worked on the original release of windows 10 but they updated it 2 weeks ago and not it does not work. Im not smart enough to figure out why either.

EA
Old 01-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juniorabca
Not sure what happened to the Orca website but they do not list any of the VX3 systems on the website. Further to this they do not even have the firmware's available for download anymore. Does anyone know what is happening or where I can get the most up to date files from?

On a side note I tried to connect a VX-1 up with the USB Link and it will not find it for some reason. Does anyone know if the new software works on Windows 10? Going to try google next but hope someone can help out here first..

Jr
In order to get it to work on Windows 10 (Installer - not sure if it was the latest version), I had to choose the Advanced Startup and then disable the Driver Signature Verification. It then let me install the drivers.

Regards,
Ian
Old 01-28-2016, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TX motor aluminium endbell

Hi,

I bought the TX aluminum endbell to replace the plastic one on my son's TX motor. I just want to confirm where the o-ring goes that comes with aluminum endbell. Is it just placed over the centre hole on the inside of the endbell?

cheers
Old 03-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

for those looking to install orca software/driver on windows 10

try running the following command in cmd prompt as administrator

bcdedit /set testsigning on

then reboot
Old 03-12-2016, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Questions?? Firmware Change?

I have an ORCA card with one of the newer if not the newest firmwares presently installed on it. I would like to know if it's possible to download and install an older firmware version onto this card so I can use it with my ORCA Spark? My current version doesn't support the Spark. If so, would I be able to go back to the newer version afterward to use with my newest ORCA ESC's?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FIVE 7
I have an ORCA card with one of the newer if not the newest firmwares presently installed on it. I would like to know if it's possible to download and install an older firmware version onto this card so I can use it with my ORCA Spark? My current version doesn't support the Spark. If so, would I be able to go back to the newer version afterward to use with my newest ORCA ESC's?

Thanks

should be no problem. you can load any software version and go back and forth without any issue.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

tech question guys,program card read error when i try to go truh the set up menu. Any sugestions?
Old 03-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Who's the point of contact for esc repairs
Old 03-28-2016, 06:05 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Who's the point of contact for esc repairs
anthony. [email protected]

EA
Old 03-29-2016, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
anthony. [email protected]

EA
Email sent on Sunday no response
Old 03-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Email sent on Sunday no response
Well - the vast majority of businesses are closed on Sunday, no? Also, yesterday was a holiday where About RC Racing is located, so needless to say they were probably spending it with their families. Now they'll need to get caught up from all the requests they received over the weekend ... so be patient and give them some time to respond.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I'm guessing no new firmware update that increases drag brake for VXX and VX3?

I see the new Hobbywing XR10 Pro finally has PWM that might match the smoothness of Orca, but it probably has the drag brake I need for F1. I'd prefer to stick with Orca!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Anyone use a VXX or vx3 in pro10? Any setup with a 10.5 boosted 2s?
Is orca in the works of a new esc?
Old 05-16-2016, 04:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default VXL3 ESC HELP?

Recently purchased a new VXL3 and rx3 combo. I ran 4 packs through it and now it's screeching like hell. Thought it was the sensor wire and changed it multiple times, it still squeeled. Tried a another motor and it still squeeled. I'm now thinking it's the esc.
I was wondering if anybody had contact info or info on how to get a hold of orca for warranty service.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by wulfdomain@yaho
Recently purchased a new VXL3 and rx3 combo. I ran 4 packs through it and now it's screeching like hell. Thought it was the sensor wire and changed it multiple times, it still squeeled. Tried a another motor and it still squeeled. I'm now thinking it's the esc.
I was wondering if anybody had contact info or info on how to get a hold of orca for warranty service.
[email protected]

Anthony is his name.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.