Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree63Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by blade072
was just looking at the orca rx2 brushless motors......very nice....
thinking of getting one to try in 10.5
The new motors just came in to USA&Canada two days ago I think hobby shop will have it by next week! If you have problem to find it you can always pm me!

Keith Yu
Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi

would anyone list the good results of these orca products all around the world recently.

Need those for marketing purposes. Pm suits fine too.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default which version the pro or vc4

I see that there are two main variaions of the esc. I race 13.5, and may take up 10.5.

Which esc is the more suitable - whould I shell out for the pro, or the slightly cheaper vc4?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys

i need a good starting point for an LRP X12 17.5 Un-Boosted

Thanks, M
Old 02-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Results for the New MK2

It Was a Busy January for Team Orca USA.

I'd like to congratulate our drivers that attended the Canadian Onroad Nationals for sweeping the podum in 13.5 touring.

Martin Crisp TQ and WIN
Andrew Hardman 2nd
Keith Yu 3rd

17.5 Touring A Main

Martin Crisp TQ and WIN
Keith Yu 2nd
Andrew Hardman 7th

Also Travis Schreven and Andrew Hardman Represented Team Orca USA at the Snowbird Nationals

Touring Expert A Main

Travis Schreven 2nd
Andrew Hardman 8th

Touring Modified A Main

Travis Schreven 5th

GREAT JOB GUYS>>>>>
Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_gord24
It Was a Busy January for Team Orca USA.

I'd like to congratulate our drivers that attended the Canadian Onroad Nationals for sweeping the podum in 13.5 touring.

Martin Crisp TQ and WIN
Andrew Hardman 2nd
Keith Yu 3rd

17.5 Touring A Main

Martin Crisp TQ and WIN
Keith Yu 2nd
Andrew Hardman 7th

Also Travis Schreven and Andrew Hardman Represented Team Orca USA at the Snowbird Nationals

Touring Expert A Main

Travis Schreven 2nd
Andrew Hardman 8th

Touring Modified A Main

Travis Schreven 5th

GREAT JOB GUYS>>>>>
Great showing, but where can I get the MKII ESC in the US. I have been running the pro spec ESC and love it and since the other ESC maker I really like has kind of dropped the ball here in the US I am probably going to be switching over to all ORCA ESC's but I have yet to find them at any US shops. I bought my TC spec from Canada. Not a big deal but I would like to know if the states are expected to have any in stock soon.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

For now you can order it from muchhobby.com and we are starting to have some US hobby shop getting our product! We are still waiting for their order!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamORCA
For now you can order it from muchhobby.com and we are starting to have some US hobby shop getting our product! We are still waiting for their order!
Thanks, I will. I ordered my previous version form them. I also notice that the orca-rc.com is not working.
Since the ESC is up-datable do I need to buy something to connect it to the computer or does it come with it?

Thanks again
Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Try www.orcarc.com without the hyphen.

Any distributor questions can also be sent to

[email protected]
Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Try www.orcarc.com without the hyphen.

Any distributor questions can also be sent to

[email protected]
Tried the above link and I still get unable to contact server error. If I google orcarc I can see a cached version of the page so I know that it was working in the past month. I just can't seem to find it. It could be that my DNS is lacking the ip address. But that seems really weird to me. Who maintains your site?

Never mind it was my DNS. Not sure why charter's DNS is not working properly but I got it to come up now using a free DNS.

Last edited by macdude; 03-06-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just out of curiosity are the updates going to be like they are from LRP where you get a USB dongle and just download and install new firmware or will be able to update through the programing box like SP. I guess I will find out in a couple of days when my package arrives with my new MKII But in the mean time I would like to know the process and if there is a better firmware version that is being used by the team drivers.

thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by macdude
Just out of curiosity are the updates going to be like they are from LRP where you get a USB dongle and just download and install new firmware or will be able to update through the programing box like SP. I guess I will find out in a couple of days when my package arrives with my new MKII But in the mean time I would like to know the process and if there is a better firmware version that is being used by the team drivers.

thanks
Hi Macdude,
At this time, Personaly I'm unaware of the update process. There are a couple of different ways they were looking at doing updates, I don't know which has been chosen. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. As for the firmware. The team drivers are using the same firmware that comes with the MK2. Travis and Andrew used this profile at Snowbirds. Their speedos are the same batch that MuchHobby.com is stocking.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Macdude,
At this time, Personaly I'm unaware of the update process. There are a couple of different ways they were looking at doing updates, I don't know which has been chosen. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. As for the firmware. The team drivers are using the same firmware that comes with the MK2. Travis and Andrew used this profile at Snowbirds. Their speedos are the same batch that MuchHobby.com is stocking.
Thanks for the update.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default ROAR issue

Hi,

It has come to my attention that the Orca mk2 aren't roar legal. Any idea as to when they will be approved. As i just picked one up and am planning on running races that are to ROAR specs.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fullout
Hi,

It has come to my attention that the Orca mk2 aren't roar legal. Any idea as to when they will be approved. As i just picked one up and am planning on running races that are to ROAR specs.
+1
wondering the same thing. I have the older prospec version too. I guess that one is legal just not the MKII.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.