R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Team and Company Discussions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/team-company-discussions-105/)
-   -   Team RCR - Pure Precision (https://www.rctech.net/forum/team-company-discussions/348366-team-rcr-pure-precision.html)

Randy Caster 12-01-2009 07:26 PM

Team RCR - Pure Precision

I am excited to announce that I am starting a line of precision RC products with the racers in mind. After all of the years I've spent in the hobby I have seen a number of products with room for improvement, and my designs will try to take advantage of that, making precision tools and gauges that are easy to use, and more accurate.

I will be posting news in the near future about my other projects, but to start this thread off I would like to announce that my precision setup wheels are now available. I like to use setup wheels when checking the tweak on my car to ensure that I get the best possible results. However there are currently no setup wheels on the market that center perfectly on the axle, this is where I saw the room for improvement.

Milled from 6061 aluminum, these setup wheels are the first that actually thread onto the axle, allowing the fastest install and removal time, and most importantly, a wheel that is perfectly centered on the axle. After being milled and turned, the wheels are then bead blasted to give them a uniform finish, and finally anodized black. The wheels are only 3mm wide, and have a 61.5mm outer diameter which is aimed at giving a similar ride height to most popular rubber tires.

http://www.rcrevealed.com/images/1.jpg

http://www.rcrevealed.com/images/2.jpg

I am currently working on completing my website which will offer easy online ordering and give previews of the products coming out, but I underestimated how much work really goes into a new business start up and I have fallen behind on my web design work.

For the time being, anyone interested in ordering, please e-mail me at [email protected] for the quickest response.

Thank You,
Randy Caster

EAMotorsports 12-01-2009 07:44 PM

Congrats Randy. I am sure you'll do awesome and anyone who know's you should know your desire for perfection!

Good luck!

EA

Randy Caster 12-01-2009 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 6665899)
Congrats Randy. I am sure you'll do awesome and anyone who know's you should know your desire for perfection!

Good luck!

EA

I checked each wheel individually to make sure they all mount straight, happy to say that 495 of the first 500 pieces passed without any issues!

wstuart 12-02-2009 12:08 AM

These things are awesome. - set up your car in half the time because it only take about 10 seconds to spin these wheels on.

I keep my tires in the garage (because of the paragon smell) so it was a pain going out there, getting my tires, and screw each one on every time I wanted to setup my car. Five minutes later and I'm still trying to set my camber with a bent wheel. These have the same diameter as a 36r so strap in the battery and setup your car without touching a wheel nut.

They kind of remind me of the upside down ketchup bottle - why did it take so long for someone to come up with this

Randy Caster 12-02-2009 07:20 AM

Thanks for the good words Will, glad to hear you're getting some good use out of them!

Randy Caster 12-02-2009 07:40 PM

I'm working on getting my website up and running, still no online shopping, but any feedback is welcome! TeamRCR.net

BlackedOutREVO 12-02-2009 09:01 PM

Those are pretty sweet! Would be nice to have for sure!

How much are a set? :D

Randy Caster 12-02-2009 09:30 PM

Edit.

BullFrog 12-03-2009 04:50 AM

Here an Idea for you. Since World GT is up and coming how about making something similar.Since I usually start with my tires trued to 2.25 inches in diameter.Make them easy to bolt on the rear axle and slide on front.When could set the caster and ride height.

Randy Caster 12-03-2009 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by BullFrog (Post 6671920)
Here an Idea for you. Since World GT is up and coming how about making something similar.Since I usually start with my tires trued to 2.25 inches in diameter.Make them easy to bolt on the rear axle and slide on front.When could set the caster and ride height.

I thought about it, but the reason I opted not to make anything for pan cars is because with the foam tires you rarely have high and low points (unless they weren't mounted right on the truer) Also, with the bolt on rear wheels and bearing supported front wheels they rarely wobble on the axle. TC wheels tend to wobble a bit on the axle, and with rubber tires there are high and low points on the tire after a couple runs which makes it really hard to check tweak.

BullFrog 12-03-2009 08:45 AM

I didn't think you would make it. Actually someone made the front blocks out of plexiglass years ago- Mike Boylan ( as I still have mine). I just don't have anything for the rear. But I've got something I think will work.It will be a project for december. Thanks

THE DARKSIDE 12-03-2009 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by BullFrog (Post 6671920)

They already exist

http://www.darksidems.com/viewproducts.php?partnum=350

BullFrog 12-03-2009 01:17 PM

That you - I did not know that.

Randy Caster 12-03-2009 07:15 PM

Getting a good amount of orders and great feedback so far from those that have tried the wheels!

THE DARKSIDE 12-03-2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Randy Caster (Post 6674991)
Getting a good amount of orders and great feedback so far from those that have tried the wheels!

I would assume so, good looking product I must say. Keep up the good work!

-E