Like Tree303Likes

Team Scream Racing

Old 12-30-2018, 06:07 PM
  #2371  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (40)
 
LXtacyDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Oh this I have been waiting for. Can't wait to try this beast.
LXtacyDriver is online now  
Old 12-30-2018, 06:35 PM
  #2372  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

My fav on-road motors. Thanks for the pics.

Funny! I only see 12 mounting holes...LOL
Still Bill is offline  
Old 12-30-2018, 08:34 PM
  #2373  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
two shoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Rockies
Posts: 255
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

TAKE MY MONEY!!! Lol... look great!
two shoes is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 05:10 PM
  #2374  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is there a significant difference in performance (new motor) comparing the $95 and $145 version?
Coconut321 is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 05:29 PM
  #2375  
sg1
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Coconut321
Is there a significant difference in performance (new motor) comparing the $95 and $145 version?
If you are searching for that 1\2 a tenth to tenth then its worth it ☺
I tell guys... If you are running 98%+ consistency then it's worth it. If you are not... get a standard version and put the money you saved toward track time and running laps.
I had one person tell me.. " it won't help me cause I hit a dot or another car each lap...lol" "The only thing it will do is let me hit something faster...lol"
you know your driving ability.. Make a good choice☺ I personally run standard motors club racing. If I head off to the birds or another big race I run a better quality motor.
sg1 is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 02:21 AM
  #2376  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,329
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sg1
If you are searching for that 1\2 a tenth to tenth then its worth it ☺
I tell guys... If you are running 98%+ consistency then it's worth it. If you are not... get a standard version and put the money you saved toward track time and running laps.
I had one person tell me.. " it won't help me cause I hit a dot or another car each lap...lol" "The only thing it will do is let me hit something faster...lol"
you know your driving ability.. Make a good choice☺ I personally run standard motors club racing. If I head off to the birds or another big race I run a better quality motor.
I agreed
OVA is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 09:56 PM
  #2377  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Canít wait to try these out.
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 02:28 AM
  #2378  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks
rsneha is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 02:56 PM
  #2379  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
JC@TSCM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Danvers, MA
Posts: 682
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Pre Orders are open for the 3.0 Line on the website.
TOADYY and two shoes like this.
JC@TSCM is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 12:54 PM
  #2380  
Tech Master
iTrader: (37)
 
dal bains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

any dates on when they will be ready?
dal bains is offline  
Old 01-08-2019, 05:06 PM
  #2381  
sg1
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dal bains
any dates on when they will be ready?
John is prepping orders now!
Shipping will be happening by the end of the week!
sg1 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:37 AM
  #2382  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Default Dual use for my motor

Quick question for SG1, I have a 13.5 The One and its tuned for 1/12 oval. could I use it for running 13.5 1/10th rubber tire class? what changes would I need to make to the timing if any?

Last edited by Chris.wells191; 01-10-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo
Chris.wells191 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 06:20 PM
  #2383  
sg1
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (79)
 
sg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,262
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris.wells191
Quick question for SG1, I have a 13.5 The One and its tuned for 1/12 oval. could I use it for running 13.5 1/10th rubber tire class? what changes would I need to make to the timing if any?
Typically we set the 13.5 for 42 to 44* for 12th scale applications..
If you have a motolyser, double check that.
It shouldn't have come with SS fasteners, unless you requested them.
For 1s rubber tire class guys have actually added the SS fasteners and went up on timing (46*) and dropped a bunch of pinions and went to a large spur.
sg1 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:11 AM
  #2384  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
trilerian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lexington KY
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Is there any data on your motors for best timing setting based on rpm ranges you are in the most? I am looking at the tekin esc and the data logging has an rpm curve, which can be used to set gearing by the shape of the curve for max rpm. What would be great is to export this curve to an excel sheet and set rpm ranges, then find the mode and use that to set timing. But to do that, we would need the most efficient timing setting for an rpm range.
trilerian is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:39 PM
  #2385  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by sg1
Typically we set the 13.5 for 42 to 44* for 12th scale applications..
If you have a motolyser, double check that.
It shouldn't have come with SS fasteners, unless you requested them.
For 1s rubber tire class guys have actually added the SS fasteners and went up on timing (46*) and dropped a bunch of pinions and went to a large spur.
Thank you for the information. I didnt request the SS screws, I just purchased the motor as the TSR 13.5 2.0 The one tuned for 1/12 oval. Thanks again
Chris.wells191 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.