Like Tree303Likes

Team Scream Racing

Old 05-13-2018, 03:22 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

question
what is the ball park frd for 17.5 V2 open flow med size track ?
btw asphalt track , ?
Old 05-14-2018, 04:45 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
question
what is the ball park frd for 17.5 V2 open flow med size track ?
btw asphalt track , ?
You can go two ways with this....

42/43* and a low 4.1 to start

OR

50/51* and a 5.0 to start

Two totally different ways, but both seem to work well
Old 05-14-2018, 11:49 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sg1
You can go two ways with this....

42/43* and a low 4.1 to start

OR

50/51* and a 5.0 to start

Two totally different ways, but both seem to work well
Thank you
Old 05-15-2018, 03:56 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Thank you
Those should be safe settings.
If temps are cool and traction is down you can hang a few more pinions on
Old 05-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the trick to being able to log on to the site and place an order. I have reset my password 3 times and still can not login
Old 06-23-2018, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Brandon, are you still having issues with login on the site? If you are, could you send me an email through the website and i'll give you some directions and see if i can identify what the issue is.

On the login page, theres a notice at the top of the page:
If you experience issues with the confirmation email or login, please contact the developer HERE
If you just click the link on the website, you'll be able to email me directly.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC2K
Brandon, are you still having issues with login on the site? If you are, could you send me an email through the website and i'll give you some directions and see if i can identify what the issue is.

On the login page, theres a notice at the top of the page:

If you just click the link on the website, you'll be able to email me directly.

No I was able to place my order the day after I posted this. Thank you for the follow up.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think I have been overheating my motor and now the brakes don't seem to work that well. Can I fix the problem by buying a new rotor? Stator? Sensor board?
Old 07-02-2018, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Lucky you. Mine just seemed slow coming out of the box especially compared to the local top driver who has the same motor. He blows by me on the straights even with the SAME gearing, battery and electronics.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theclutch
Lucky you. Mine just seemed slow coming out of the box especially compared to the local top driver who has the same motor. He blows by me on the straights even with the SAME gearing, battery and electronics.
My motor is/was straight up balls to the wall fast. That sucks that yours is slow. Did you pay for all the options?
Old 07-02-2018, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Do you also run the same car??? If so, recheck your drivetrain, bearings, etc.....It does not take much to make a big difference....
Old 07-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nubs
My motor is/was straight up balls to the wall fast. That sucks that yours is slow. Did you pay for all the options?
It's "THE ONE" 17.5.

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Do you also run the same car??? If so, recheck your drivetrain, bearings, etc.....It does not take much to make a big difference....
Not the same car: Associated B6 vs. 2018 Xray XB2. Both have ceramic bearings and same tires. I even charged at 8.7V just to see if it would make a big difference; it didn't. I wanted to think that he, due to his superior driving ability, had better exit speed from the previous corner before the long straight. But that wasn't the case. Simplistically, if we were to drag race, he'd blow by me. Since he's a sponsored driver (and I'm not), I am assuming that he was the beneficiary of additional secret sauce that we mortals don't have access to regardless of funds. It was like 25+ years ago when sponsored drivers had SCR batteries and "stock-ish" motors when they weren't even available to the general public yet. It's actually a bit disheartening... Way back when I was still in college, I felt like I couldn't compete due to lack of funds. Now that I can literally buy anything at any price (with wife approval, that is), I still can't play at a fair level since I don't believe these items are available to me. The whole stock class is a joke. And I'm insane to think otherwise after all these years. At least I take some solace that my real car is a zillion times faster than his or even anyone else's at the track.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)
Default Fast Street Car

It's "THE ONE" 17.5.

Not the same car: Associated B6 vs. 2018 Xray XB2. Both have ceramic bearings and same tires. I even charged at 8.7V just to see if it would make a big difference; it didn't. I wanted to think that he, due to his superior driving ability, had better exit speed from the previous corner before the long straight. But that wasn't the case. Simplistically, if we were to drag race, he'd blow by me. Since he's a sponsored driver (and I'm not), I am assuming that he was the beneficiary of additional secret sauce that we mortals don't have access to regardless of funds. It was like 25+ years ago when sponsored drivers had SCR batteries and "stock-ish" motors when they weren't even available to the general public yet. It's actually a bit disheartening... Way back when I was still in college, I felt like I couldn't compete due to lack of funds. Now that I can literally buy anything at any price (with wife approval, that is), I still can't play at a fair level since I don't believe these items are available to me. The whole stock class is a joke. And I'm insane to think otherwise after all these years. At least I take some solace that my real car is a zillion times faster than his or even anyone else's at the track.
You must drive a Tesla.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

It's "THE ONE" 17.5.

Well a different car will not have the same total rotational inertia or mass, etc... The best way to know if your problem is the motor, not the truck, is to ask the fast guy to try your motor in his car. If it stays a missile, then your car is at fault and you'll have to weigh the whole drivetrain, cut weight , or get another car..... Good luck.....
davidl and Jack Kloeber like this.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nubs
I think I have been overheating my motor and now the brakes don't seem to work that well. Can I fix the problem by buying a new rotor? Stator? Sensor board?
Anyone have an answer for this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.