Like Tree301Likes

Team Scream Racing

Old 09-22-2017, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
First off, the team scream motors cap out at $149. Well below your $200 rant. Second, most people don't need the 1 motors or whatever other companies call their higher end motors. Most of the time, especially on the club racing level, the higher priced motor chasing crowd don't benefit from the extra power. Especially when you look at their cars and see lose suspensions or worn out tires. Nevermind the several crashes throughout the run.

The 1 motors are more than just the pick of the litter. They come with ceramic bearings and are hamd tuned and have a dyno printout. Those two things there warrant an additional charge. If you don't like the higher priced motor, don't get it. I doubt you need it anyway. For those that want to spend the money, let them. It doesn't hurt you at all.
It might surprise you to know that at my last race, I was using my vintage TC3 complete with a full helping of slop, and some very worn tires with the ring of death. Came second with the best consistency of the day (winner was A800X). My new motor helped a lot (winner had same motor). Chassis slop and tire wear don't always appear to matter as much as people claim. But with my older motor, I was a full second a lap slower.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Have you checked the difference in resistance and performance from the 1 motor to the standard? What is the deviation from the two? You don't know that, you are just assuming the only good motors are the 1. The rest are "turds" as you say. That's a completely factless accusation and having been involved in rc and motorsports for some years, the manufacturing tolerances are better today than years past. So yes, the 1 motors are the best, but it's unfair for you to assume the regular motors aren't great. I've been running tsr motors for a year and follow this thread. I've never seen an unhappy racer on here, whether they are running the 1 or regular motor. This is a great company that produces high quality products. They just know some people want the best motors and are willing to pay a little extra for them. Keep things in perspective as well. I challenge you to find a top of the line motor in any other hobby or sport that is only $149.
You keep changing the subject here dude. I never said that TSR made bad motors, or that one of their standard motors was crap, or that their customers would be unsatisfied. If it's unfair for me to assume that their standard motors arent great (i didnt by the way, you made this up), then it is unfair for you to assume that in a motor economy that the sweetest motors being separated out and charged more for is not unfair to the average buyer. Should we just expect to pay more for the top end of the spectrum? It is still unfair that every motor gets tested (as they should to ensure quality) and then the top end gets a markup while making sure that the standard motors have a 0% chance of being the best, or even on the good end as I don't believe that TSR or any other manufacturer that sells premium motors ships 20, 10, or even 5 standard rotors and stators for each 'premium' sold. Why can't the difference between the good and the not so good be small enough to keep there from being a 'standard' and a 'premium?' If you want to pay extra for a hand-tuned motor with a dyno sheet an unobtainium accessories then go for it! But it is not fair when that hand-tuned motor has an option for the best of the best stator and rotor.

If you can check a box, pay more money, and have an inherently more powerful motor with a better rotor and stator and not just some work done on it or a swap of bearings and a dyno sheet... that means that their QC needs help.

For example, team fantom has no option for a better stator. Just torque or RPM. Team Powers has no premium option. Tekin has no premium option. Trinity does. I'm don't know about Schurr Speed, R1 Wurks has an option for a high-torque rotor but no stator.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DesertRat
You keep changing the subject here dude. I never said that TSR made bad motors, or that one of their standard motors was crap, or that their customers would be unsatisfied.
You kinda did.

It isn't fair to go buy a 'standard' motor and know the stator and rotor are from the turd end of the batch.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Fairness is subjective. If you don't think it's fair, that's your opinion. My opinion is if I can guarantee I can buy the best, I will. You also don't take in to account that you have no idea what the difference between the 1 motors and the standard ones are. You're assuming if the best and the "turd" is a drastic difference. My biggest gripe was you calling TSR's practices shady, when you have no evidence of any wrong doing on their part. They are a transparent company and are up front with what you are getting. There isn't any more fair than that. At the end of the day it's your opinion that you don't like them allowing people to guarantee the best of their best. I haven't heard of anyone complaining in the past year I've been running their motors, so I doubt your opinion will hurt their business.
davidl likes this.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'm having the most fun I've ever had in my 3+ decades of racing toy cars specifically because I can actually buy good shit and go fast. That wasn't even possible not that long ago. It's awesome! Good points made by all here but racing is better than ever for this average guy because I'm not using junk anymore.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How much difference does a "the one" motor make? If a top level driver runs with a regular motor and then puts in a "the one" motor. What kind of decrease in lap time would that person get? Obviously the motor is well designed but I'm curious as an average driver that doesn't always have perfect races and lines every time. Would I be better buying multiple regular motors for cars vs a the one and swapping between cars?
Old 09-23-2017, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmintimidator
How much difference does a "the one" motor make? If a top level driver runs with a regular motor and then puts in a "the one" motor. What kind of decrease in lap time would that person get? Obviously the motor is well designed but I'm curious as an average driver that doesn't always have perfect races and lines every time. Would I be better buying multiple regular motors for cars vs a the one and swapping between cars?
The regular TSR are just fine and pretty much give the same performance as the "1". An average driver doesn't need more Horsepower to go faster just more practice. At our track in the USGT class we have the "1" motors running against the regular motors and you really can't tell the difference. The performance gap is minimal. The regular TSR motors are very strong.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat

For example, team fantom has no option for a better stator. Just torque or RPM. Team Powers has no premium option. Tekin has no premium option. Trinity does. I'm don't know about Schurr Speed, R1 Wurks has an option for a high-torque rotor but no stator.
You bring up an interesting point, Fantom for example, you buy "team edition" that is supposed to be what their top guys get for handouts. Only to get motors that are .5-1 second off that pace and also get crazy hot. We've taken TSR motors the factory guys have and swapped in our the 1 motors we've bought direct, and low and behold, exact same times. So the proof is in the pudding. There isn't another brand out there, giving normal racers the option of having on par motors as the elite. That to me is worth it. The other brands customer service don't come close either should you have an issue.
big_ads likes this.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Broadwater
The regular TSR are just fine and pretty much give the same performance as the "1". An average driver doesn't need more Horsepower to go faster just more practice. At our track in the USGT class we have the "1" motors running against the regular motors and you really can't tell the difference. The performance gap is minimal. The regular TSR motors are very strong.
i have seen the same.

Originally Posted by Race19s
You bring up an interesting point, Fantom for example, you buy "team edition" that is supposed to be what their top guys get for handouts. Only to get motors that are .5-1 second off that pace and also get crazy hot. We've taken TSR motors the factory guys have and swapped in our the 1 motors we've bought direct, and low and behold, exact same times. So the proof is in the pudding. There isn't another brand out there, giving normal racers the option of having on par motors as the elite. That to me is worth it. The other brands customer service don't come close either should you have an issue.
dont the Fantom motors with all the options cost in the upwards of $200
Old 09-24-2017, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ill never buy a fantom motor again. Most disappointing motor purchase ive ever made in rc
Race19s likes this.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you buy a regular 17.5 motor but with a 4 line rotor? what will that cost?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

How is this motor in touring 13.5t? I have tried fantom v2r and motiv mc2.. Motiv is a torquemonster but lack some rpm.. Fantom is ok.. But not as powerful as the motiv.. Considering the new team scream the one as my next motor..
Old 09-25-2017, 04:25 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magstaff
How is this motor in touring 13.5t? I have tried fantom v2r and motiv mc2.. Motiv is a torquemonster but lack some rpm.. Fantom is ok.. But not as powerful as the motiv.. Considering the new team scream the one as my next motor..
We haven't had one in a TC

So, I couldn't tell you how it would be, timing, or gearing.

I could give a guess on what we learned from the difference of last years 17.5 to this years version.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sg1
We haven't had one in a TC

So, I couldn't tell you how it would be, timing, or gearing.

I could give a guess on what we learned from the difference of last years 17.5 to this years version.
Please do! Is it more rpm, the same or more torque then motiv mc2. I have a motoranalyzer..
Old 09-25-2017, 05:26 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magstaff
Please do! Is it more rpm, the same or more torque then motiv mc2. I have a motoranalyzer..
I know from last years 17.5 in TC we went from a 4.2/4.3 to a 4.6/4.7 at the same timing (48*)

Last year we were at 4.7/4.8 with the 13.5... so maybe 5.1 to start.

On the motolyser the 2.0 13.5 at 48* has 1400+ more free rev RPM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.