Like Tree108Likes

Team fantom racing

Old 12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-PaP
Anybody know where I could find a Fantom Apex 21.5 motor?

Unfortunately the Ion 4 isn't allowed where I race.
why isn't it allowed
Old 12-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Anybody know where I could find a Fantom Apex 21.5 motor?

Unfortunately the Ion 4 isn't allowed where I race.
Guy at our track has a new one for sale:::
http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3...hp?f=9&t=11912

idbdoug
Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots
why isn't it allowed
I'm racing 21.5 Blinky & F1 which also runs 21.5 blinky. In australia the rules have a specific list of allowable motors. The ion 4 isn't allowed because it has too much built in timing apparently. Funnily enough the Trinity Revtech is also not allowed for the same reason... I always thought they had the same amount of timing as Apex's.

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Guy at our track has a new one for sale:::
http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3...hp?f=9&t=11912

idbdoug
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately looks like the motors are Revtech's. Fantom Apex's are allowed but Revtech's are not

On a side note. I'm using a 21.5 Ion 4 in one of my other classes that allows any 21.5 motor (0 timing). Was using a Fantom Apex beforehand. Are others finding the need to gear the motor higher than the fantom apex? Was running a 2.3 with full endbell timing on the apex. I've geared up to a 2.7 with 15 degrees endbell timing and seeing temperatures about 10 degrees Celsius higher.

Last edited by J-PaP; 12-31-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

I'm racing 21.5 Blinky & F1 which also runs 21.5 blinky. In australia the rules have a specific list of allowable motors. The ion 4 isn't allowed because it has too much built in timing apparently. Funnily enough the Trinity Revtech is also not allowed for the same reason... I always thought they had the same amount of timing as Apex's.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately looks like the motors are Revtech's. Fantom Apex's are allowed but Revtech's are not

On a side note. I'm using a 21.5 Ion 4 in one of my other classes that allows any 21.5 motor (0 timing). Was using a Fantom Apex beforehand. Are others finding the need to gear the motor higher than the fantom apex? Was running a 2.3 with full endbell timing on the apex. I've geared up to a 2.7 with 15 degrees endbell timing and seeing temperatures about 10 degrees Celsius higher.
Yes, 1 to 2 teeth higher with Ion4. Also, get their 100c battery. After watching the old man win the Texas EOS series in stock TC with Ion4 and 100C battery, almost all younger guys are running same combo especially Ion4.
idbdoug
Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up FANTOM RACING CUSTOMER SERVICE

I just had to get on here and rave about the customer service that Jeff at Fantom has shown. I ordered a battery and there was an issue so I asked for a little help to counter the issue and without hesitation Jeff offered help! Now I have been in the hobbyworld for quite a while with helis, planes and cars and it is customer service like what I just experianced that make all the difference in this world. I would also like to thank CPT. America for not only helping with a question I had asked him but when I met Brandon at the Tacoma RC Raceway he helped in a number of ways that night also. Brandon is the reason I know about Fantom Racing and couple that with the grade A customer service that I recieved during my first purchase with Jeff I am now a lifetime customer. I have read and heard really good reviews and such about the products Fantom offers so after I get some time on the new battery and now new motor I will give a review on what I experiance.

Thanks Brandon for your help!
Thanks Jeff for the great service!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

So true with what you've said. I've been with Fantom for more than 10 years now and Jeff is one of the nicest guys in the industry. Always goes out of his way to help. You don't see that level of customer service much these days.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up First impressions

So I just received the 7200MAH killer Voltz lipp and as always I check the voltage balance and level voltage first thing. I have never received a battery that has had perfect cell balance until today!

I am impressed with the feel of the case, wires and appearance.
Both cells are exactly 3.71V each!
Nice job Fantom

Thanks Jeff for the awesome customer service!

Can't wait to put this lipo to work.

Waiting for the 17.5 Apex to get here so if anyone out here has some comments on this motor please speak up.

My B4.1 worlds is geared 31/69 at the moment and max timing on a revtech 17.5 with a temp around the 150 area.

My question would be will or should I keep the same gearing and what kind of timing would I expect to think about setting? I may drop down to a 30 on the pinion because the track is tight and techy so I dont really need any more top end speed.

From my first impression of the lipo I can already tell my relations with Fantom are going to be many many years!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KIDD1
So I just received the 7200MAH killer Voltz lipp and as always I check the voltage balance and level voltage first thing. I have never received a battery that has had perfect cell balance until today!

I am impressed with the feel of the case, wires and appearance.
Both cells are exactly 3.71V each!
Nice job Fantom

Thanks Jeff for the awesome customer service!

Can't wait to put this lipo to work.

Waiting for the 17.5 Apex to get here so if anyone out here has some comments on this motor please speak up.

My B4.1 worlds is geared 31/69 at the moment and max timing on a revtech 17.5 with a temp around the 150 area.

My question would be will or should I keep the same gearing and what kind of timing would I expect to think about setting? I may drop down to a 30 on the pinion because the track is tight and techy so I dont really need any more top end speed.

From my first impression of the lipo I can already tell my relations with Fantom are going to be many many years!
If u don't have a 12.5HT rotor get it. Best thing u can do as far as upgrades.
idbdoug
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Got me thinking

Originally Posted by idbdoug
If u don't have a 12.5HT rotor get it. Best thing u can do as far as upgrades.
idbdoug
I have looked at this and was not to sure if it would I would benefit from the HT. I have a stock revtech 17.5 that I plan on sending to Fantom for the motor service. The 12.5HT and ceramics are on the wish list for the motor rebuild! Thanks for your help idb,

Seth
Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

I have looked at this and was not to sure if it would I would benefit from the HT. I have a stock revtech 17.5 that I plan on sending to Fantom for the motor service. The 12.5HT and ceramics are on the wish list for the motor rebuild! Thanks for your help idb,

Seth
Rotor first, definite improvement. Ceramics very minor, I only run them on carpet.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Id skip the ceramics altogether... you want a little slop in your bearings. The tighter tolerances just seem to bind things up.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I just had to get on here and rave about the customer service that Jeff at Fantom has shown. I ordered a battery and there was an issue so I asked for a little help to counter the issue and without hesitation Jeff offered help! Now I have been in the hobbyworld for quite a while with helis, planes and cars and it is customer service like what I just experianced that make all the difference in this world. I would also like to thank CPT. America for not only helping with a question I had asked him but when I met Brandon at the Tacoma RC Raceway he helped in a number of ways that night also. Brandon is the reason I know about Fantom Racing and couple that with the grade A customer service that I recieved during my first purchase with Jeff I am now a lifetime customer. I have read and heard really good reviews and such about the products Fantom offers so after I get some time on the new battery and now new motor I will give a review on what I experiance.

Thanks Brandon for your help!
Thanks Jeff for the great service!
You're very welcome, Seth! Glad I could help.. don't hesitate to send me a PM if you have any questions about anything... im happy to share any knowledge I have, no matter how large or small
Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Id skip the ceramics altogether... you want a little slop in your bearings. The tighter tolerances just seem to bind things up.
I run the Ceramic 1 bearings Jeff offers in all my motors, onroad and offroad. Haven't had a single issue with any motor bearing, and I have 7 motors currently, waiting on my 8th.

I service every motor about once every two weeks at the most. Depends on how much running I end up doing on the car. All my motors are very smooth and have no binding at all. Doug can attest to that.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
I run the Ceramic 1 bearings Jeff offers in all my motors, onroad and offroad. Haven't had a single issue with any motor bearing, and I have 7 motors currently, waiting on my 8th.

I service every motor about once every two weeks at the most. Depends on how much running I end up doing on the car. All my motors are very smooth and have no binding at all. Doug can attest to that.

Sounds just like me

Old 05-26-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

My older based 21.5 Revtech finally let go. Ordering D3.5 21.5 with 12.5HT
Anybody else running this motor in F1? If so, gearing suggestions
idbdoug

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.