R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #46
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
This is going to sound a little weird but here goes. The "0" mark on the motor is actually retarted timing, the next notch is about as close to true "0" as you can get, and the motors are most effiecient at the setting just between notches 1 and 2. (Thats with no timing advance via the SC). Now what the actual timing advances are, I have no idea, but does it really matter? I mean its obviously advanced and with all these new Speed controls and their ability to add timing, nothing really can be applied twice and be consistant. Every situation seems to need different settings, so now more than ever the clock, your temp guage (motor and battery) and feel of the car is more important.
Sorry it doesn't give you a actual hard number and I know why you would want it for accumulated timing, but I got nothing. Hopefully one of the actual EPIC guys can supply you with those numbers.
With "the next notch would be true zero" you mean the next notch to the plus side i gues? And with notch 1 and 2 you mean all the way to the + sign ?
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
With "the next notch would be true zero" you mean the next notch to the plus side i gues? Yes And with notch 1 and 2 you mean all the way to the + sign ? [I]No, the next one after the theoretical 0 [/I](above) but not all the wat to the + sign.
Hope that helps.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #48
Tech Master

ok, thanks alot! it did help alot .

I think i will leave the motor timing as is. I now understand why my rollout is quite high for a small track with boost 18 and full turbo at 0,2seconds but the motor temp is still only max 94-104 degrees F in a 7 minute race while other motors are way hotter.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogger1 View Post
I still run the Brushed mod motors just got my first shipment in from Team Epic. It was nice that they threw in some extra brushes that I didn't even order...

I am going to like running for Billy Bruce.... Really nice guy....

I am looking forward to the 2010 racing season and switching over to brushless setup.....
Me too, just switching to brushless now. Hard to keep up with the Tekin RS and a brushless motor on carpet...And yes, Billy seems like a really nice guy.

Anyone try a mod nemesis yet? I need to order a few motors and am leaning toward the Duo2 for spec but nemesis for mod..Comments?
Afterhours07083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterhours07083 View Post
Me too, just switching to brushless now. Hard to keep up with the Tekin RS and a brushless motor on carpet...And yes, Billy seems like a really nice guy.

Anyone try a mod nemesis yet? I need to order a few motors and am leaning toward the Duo2 for spec but nemesis for mod..Comments?
I don't run mod, but Paul L has pretty good success with that platform of motor. The spec Nemesis motors are as fast as anything else out there, the timing hardware access and wire hook ups are very user friendly.

The build on these motors is very good as well, little things like the coil wires thru the ring are actually bent over and then soldered very well. Alot of other motors I've seen just have the wires poking thru and then soldered.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 01-19-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks,

I just ordered 2 duo2 and 2 duo-decided to stick with what's tried and true.

I suspect I'll have a couple of the nemesis in the bag soon anyway

The Igauss is a great tool to have. What uses do you use it for offroad? I think onroad uses are obvious...Any comments?
Afterhours07083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Has anyone installed the 10306 12.5 rotor in a Duo2 ?
impdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by impdog View Post
Has anyone installed the 10306 12.5 rotor in a Duo2 ?
A Duo2 what? one of the spec classess or a mod? What are you trying to tune for, torque or rpm?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the TRI 10306 is the part # for a 12.5 rotor for the 13.5 Duo2 if I read it right, were looking for torque on dirt oval.
impdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #55
Tech Elite

I bought a tuning kit for the Pulse/Nemesis motor, a torque and rpm rotor. If the rotor your looking at is anything like that, when I stuck the torque rotor into a less than fast Pulse 13.5 it really woke the motor up. I thought the rotors in the Duo2s where pretty good for strength, but if its more torque your after, that would be a good choice, as long as its specific to that motor, a person could get carried away and close the air gap too much. It would be a ton of torque but probably not much for performance and a lot of heat issues.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Nemesis Motors & Tuning Rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I bought a tuning kit for the Pulse/Nemesis motor, a torque and rpm rotor. If the rotor your looking at is anything like that, when I stuck the torque rotor into a less than fast Pulse 13.5 it really woke the motor up. I thought the rotors in the Duo2s where pretty good for strength, but if its more torque your after, that would be a good choice, as long as its specific to that motor, a person could get carried away and close the air gap too much. It would be a ton of torque but probably not much for performance and a lot of heat issues.

Hello,

I have found that the heavy TQ rotor really will wake up a Nemisis 17.5 & 13.5 motor when you have them in a higher load situation such as touring car or offroad. I have also found that using the new High RPM rotor works great for 1s in World GT as well as 1/12th scale.

The number one thing with the Nemesis motors is they do not like a ton of timing advance. I have found that I run much smaller gears and alot less timing in these new motor and still have great performance from them.

The power band is different on the Nemesis motors compared to others and you can overtime/overgear them easily and then they seem soft and run flat... But once you get them geared correclty.... Look Out!!!
RC America - XRay - Hudy - Maclan Racing - Xpert Servos - Schelle Racing Innovations - AKA Racing Products - DE Racing - Sticky Kicks - Sanwa
JFuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFuel11 View Post
Hello,

I have found that the heavy TQ rotor really will wake up a Nemisis 17.5 & 13.5 motor when you have them in a higher load situation such as touring car or offroad. I have also found that using the new High RPM rotor works great for 1s in World GT as well as 1/12th scale.

The number one thing with the Nemesis motors is they do not like a ton of timing advance. I have found that I run much smaller gears and alot less timing in these new motor and still have great performance from them.

The power band is different on the Nemesis motors compared to others and you can overtime/overgear them easily and then they seem soft and run flat... But once you get them geared correclty.... Look Out!!!
1+ same results for me.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any of you guys know the average kv rating, or rpm/volt is for the Nemesis 10.5? & also what is the max rpm limit for the nemesis motors...
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Nemesis 10.5 Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Demon View Post
Any of you guys know the average kv rating, or rpm/volt is for the Nemesis 10.5? & also what is the max rpm limit for the nemesis motors...

Hello,

I pulled these numbers from the actual box of my Nemesis 10.5...

RPM: 19,337 @ 5.0V
Power: 86W @ 11.1K
EFF: 72.6% @ 14.1K
Torque: 125.0 Nmm

A spec 10.5 usually has a target of 4200 Kv

On a typical race battery of 8.4 volts (2s Lipo) you should figure 8.0 volts as a good average voltage, so if you calculate 4200Kv x 8.0 volts, you should see a peak rpm of 33,600 RPM. Keep in mind this is peak no load RPM, I think a good usable RPM Range would be the following under load...

1s Lipo (Average 4.0 Volts) - 15,500 RPM Light to Medium Load
2s Lipo (Average 8.0 volts) - 31,000 RPM Light to Medium Load

Load Reduction:

I have found that light cars such as pan cars and 1/12 scale you can reduce your load rpm by 10-15% of the motors capabilites on offroad and heavier load applications that reduction could be as much as 30% rpm reduction.

Use these as starting reference points as all conditions will cause these numbers to vary greatly...

I hope this helps
RC America - XRay - Hudy - Maclan Racing - Xpert Servos - Schelle Racing Innovations - AKA Racing Products - DE Racing - Sticky Kicks - Sanwa
JFuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Question for the Duo 2 10.5 and 13.5...?

What is the proper gearing for and Associated SC10 with the Trinity Duo 2 10.5 and 13.5 I am also interested what are good starting points for adjusting the timing on those brushless motors... This is meant for 1/10 scale off-road...

I look forward to hearing from somebody...

Thanks,

Jeremy
jdogger1 is offline   Reply With Quote