Pro-match Batteries

Old 08-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got my packs yesterday and while looking at the labels I noticed that they now have a born on date on them. Does this indicate the date that they were matched?

Also looking over the solder joints, those seem to be using more solder on them than before.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Deforest, yes the date is a M.O.D (matched on date). I just got pack for the IIC warm up race @ CH and my packs look the same as before. And work just like before GREAT!!!

Thanks Jeff- Erika for the great cells all the time!!!

Raymond McCoy
Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

promatch cells are the best that i have experienced in along time, i have 6 packs of wc ib4200s i got last summer, all still pulling over 1.35 v/cell (checked with a trinity dpd pro) and all 6 packs still take over 4300!! more then enough for mod now-a-days with brushless only taking 2000-2300 out in a 6 minute race.

LOVE YOUR PRODUCTS!! Promatch will be the first place i put in a resume for sponsorship once i graduate from college as a mechanical engineer and have time to go to big races.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Andy- Hopefully sooner than later

deforest- Yes, we are doing things a little bit different to help eliminate "broken" joints. Still our process with minimal amount of solder.

TMRChassis- Still chewing on our e-mail to come up with something fun and exciting.

Jake S.- Looking forward to your application!!

Nova- really sorry to hear that someone took your pack, people never cease to amaze me. Will be watching for your early order!!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Faster????

Is charging at 8 amps better than charging at 6 amps?
Is running a battery in the first round and then in the third, and running another battery in the secound round and in the main good for them or does it shorten the life?? Please Pm me.

Thanks,
Wes
Old 09-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redlion
Is charging at 8 amps better than charging at 6 amps?
Is running a battery in the first round and then in the third, and running another battery in the secound round and in the main good for them or does it shorten the life?? Please Pm me.

Thanks,
Wes
1. 8 am is better on the track, worse on battery life
2. running batts twice a day is never "better" for the battery and will shorted life of the cells, but it is better then running them in round 1 and round 2 and then another in round 3 and round 4
Old 09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Wes- theisgroup hit it on the head!! Hope that helps ya.

theisgroup- I lost the bet and have to treat Jeff to lunch today but don't feel bad I will "pick" your cells when we get back
Old 09-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMRGirl
Wes- theisgroup hit it on the head!! Hope that helps ya.

theisgroup- I lost the bet and have to treat Jeff to lunch today but don't feel bad I will "pick" your cells when we get back
I have a promath batt. and i think it has the best power then the rest of them
Old 09-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

when will you be back in stock with the EP 4200's? thanks!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

rltanner- Thank you

mafiaracers- Middle of next week.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:47 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

rltanner- Thank you

mafiaracers- Middle of next week.

Hi PMRGirl

Keoni
Old 09-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hello.....

Well Hello There KMR......How are things? When do you leave for Vegas?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well Hello There KMR......How are things? When do you leave for Vegas?
got the packs. thanks!
Old 09-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Jake S.- Looking forward to your application!!
I have only been racing for 15 months now, so I'm pretty happy about the results, definitely would like to see roar legalize a 13.5 buggy and truck class, and I would be going to more big races already.

Well went to a small trophy race this past weekend and got 2nd place in the A-Main. Finally got my brushless in my truck and buggy after that race was over because it was a brushed only endurance race. Hopefully I can start doing better things at a bigger level.

My only "major acknowledgments" since I started racing last summer where 1st place points in a 1/10th stadium carpet oval winter series. On the subject of carpet oval I also have a 2nd place points championship at another local carpet track (same place where names like Billy Kimpton, Pete D'agnolo and Brian Zigler race) and 2nd place at this past weekends "local" trophy off-road endurance race (directly behind a newly sponsored Serpent driver

I raced every Saturday this past summer, both the t4 & b4, at the club level and was always one battling for 2nd and 3rd - one local fast guy that used to be sponsored by Orion and associated was hard to keep up with in mod) and once the indoor off-road season picks up ill be racing both the truck and buggy every weekend. Already got one friend to pickup some Promatch ib4200s for the indoor season for his t4, as well as a brushless setup from Novak and probably more once he buys a b4, so my ability to sell a product is there. I most likely get this from working in a small local grocery store since I was 16.

I would love for the opportunity to help to promote your products (as I already do) in the future at a larger level. It has been discussed about making a trip out to CRCRC Midwest Electric race this January. My entry into bigger races is kind of limited due to my dedication to my degree, which is a Mechanical Engineering BS at Rochester Institute of Technology where I am currently in my 3rd year.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Jake, I would say that you should try to attend as many major races as possible in the coming year. It will not only improve the level of your driving, but it could also net you some impressive results. Club series are important to selling product, but its also necessary to portray it in a favorable light at other larger events. I know from personal expirience that getting sponsored is not easy, Ive even mailed a resume into ProMatch, haha (unsuccessfully). Sponsorship comes with consistant long term results, combined with a dedication to the brand youre attempting to officially support (in 95% of cases). Keep it up, it sounds like youre headed in the right direction.

Just my .02, not necessarily what a company will say, but what some companies have told me in the past, haha.

PMR-Any word on the next cell you guys will be matching? 4500, 4600, etc?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.