Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Eddie Garrison
jjmudd - I played some Junior hockey around your way in the day....Saskatoon Blades in the WHL....Good times.....Played in the "Hat" once against the Tigers......Didnt play there long....Traded to the Sinbad Sailors in Wasila Alaska in the WSHL Jr. B.....Didt know if you followed much puck or not....L8

-EG
Eddie,

Cool! Saddly I don't follow hockey as closely as a good Canadian should!! Ever since the demise of the Oiler Dynasty, hockey just hasn't been the same in Edmonton!! It's funny though, we were just down in North Carolina and Virginia and I was asked by different people where we were from and I told them," Edmonton, Alberta" and when that didn't click I told them," the home of Wayne Gretzky" and when that didn't register I told them..."north of Montana!!" lol I couldn't believe that so many people didn't have a clue who the greatest hockey player of all time was. Oh well, I couldn't name 5 Oilers now either!! Something just wrong with the Stanley Cup being played out in mid June.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

temp cut-off at what temp cutoff should your packs be?
Old 05-04-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We recommend a temperature reading between 125-130 degrees F when the charger first shuts off. The temperature will continue to rise after the charger has shut off so the temperature reading should be taken immediately after the charger shuts off. NIMH cells do not peak like ni-cads do. When a ni-cad battery reaches a full charge the voltage in the pack starts to drop quite rapidly. With ni-mh cells the voltage does not drop as rapidly when the pack reaches full charge. On the other hand the temperature does rise quite rapidly as the pack reaches full charge. The cells can get extremely hot when using some peak detection chargers as the peak detection circuit is not sensitive enough. If the cells get too hot damage to them will occur.

more info is here http://www.promatchracing.com/faq.htm
Old 05-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

jjmudd - Thats kewl...I am Canadian as well....I just transplanted to Florida a while back....Was born in Moosone Ontario....WWWAAAAYYYYYYY North you know....Grew up in SImcoe Ontario though.....Lotta fun....Like Fla more though.....Never gets cold here....

-EG
Old 05-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Old 05-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

sorry about the double post
Old 05-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

pmrgirl i thought i might show you this e-mail from one of my customers in the uk

hi colin its ross
just to let you know them batteries are great, made my car run very fast and had lots of punch out of corners thats where i gained most of time still need to use them a couple more times as this was the first time but all 3 charged getting 3800+ but as i have said its the first charge so they will be high i will keep emailing you after a couple more charges.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 April 2004 19:14
To: Ross Thompson
Subject: Re: BATTERIES

This is legit(did`nt make it up) he purchased 1.165-1.169 cells nothing to flash, i think he was a happy chappie
Old 05-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

COOL!!! Hey I gotta use that one Jolly....."Happy Chappie"
Old 05-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

promatrcr
Is erika or promatch open been e-mailing? nothing
Old 05-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

We are here Colin got a hold of me...... I was helping the guys out in the shop......we all know how much help they need JUST KIDDING!!!! I don't need all the e-mails and posts about men bashing yaddy yadda. It was nice talking with you Colin. I always enjoy your outlook on things and I love the accent I am glad that Ross is happy and I am really glad you were able to help him out.

~Eddie where aren't you from??????
Old 05-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

That must be a killer place to work!

Everyone starting to get outside for some racing in the fresh air? Our Mod sedan season has started and it is great to get outside and race again. Gotta love the big tracks that only can get from running outdoors!

Jeff
Old 05-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

PMRGirl, are you still interested in the monthly report?
Old 05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by mafiaracers
I'm looking into buying another charger. I'm also looking to save some money if at all possible. I've got a Teikin Charger with the H28 software. Its the main charger...not the smaller attachable one. Anyway, instead of hooking a second teikin charger to its power supply cord in the back....will it supply the power for other DC chargers? EX: will it power a Pulsar, or Mellinum ect....
I have been running Tekin for about 14 years. The 112C is probably what you have with the 12volt out. It puts out a pretty good consistent 12volts at about 6 amps. More than enough to run most peak detection chargers.

By the way Erika... thanks for the help yesterday with my order! I have already checked the UPS tracking about 6 times today to see where they were. Just a little bit anxious!

Jim
Old 05-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

MAKO- So you think that if I were to hook a PULSAR up to the 12V out on the Teikin, it should power it just fine?
Old 05-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

yes it should be fine, as long as you are not running the pulsar at more than 5 amps. A 112A is basically the same thing as a pulsar, just different company and some different settings. But basically it is a 12volt DC powered charger that I personally use at the 5 amp setting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.