R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #4666
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRGirl View Post
CHECK THIS OUT

www.promatchracing.com
SWEET!!!!!! Should I pre-order now
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #4667
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

yea... me too. whats the runtime and voltage of these cells? looks like the batt of the future.
Apl Hed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #4668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

put me on the list too!!!

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #4669
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Are these new cells better than east power? What makes them so good? We have EP 4200s and those work great. We have to place a new order and there's too many choices. By the way PMRgirl, is there multi-pack order discounts like the 10% we use to get?
desertraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #4670
Tech Regular

Default Capacity

When you say better, you have to realize that we are getting pretty dang close to capacity on Ni-MH cells. So with that said these cells have been tested extensively and we believe that their performance, reliability, and numbers are very well worth our endorsement.

Instead of the 10% deal we were doing we have lowered our overall prices to reflect a lower price to everyone whether purchasing one or three packs.
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #4671
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Instead of the 10% deal we were doing we have lowered our overall prices to reflect a lower price to everyone whether purchasing one or three packs.
All I want is two packs.....I don't see a discount offered above

When will they be ready
Old 12-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #4672
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TMR CHASSIS

Order now if you want packs!!! New cells will be ready to start shipping mid week
TMR CHASSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #4673
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Quote:
When you say better, you have to realize that we are getting pretty dang close to capacity on Ni-MH cells. So with that said these cells have been tested extensively and we believe that their performance, reliability, and numbers are very well worth our endorsement.

How good/bad are these cells with reguard to selfdischarge? Similar to the IB cells or better; I for one am very tired of cycling cells just so that don't become dead/unuseable.
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #4674
Tech Fanatic

I went to order but there isn't much on the website. Are you going to put more products for sale? We need some saddle packs soon, thanks.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:55 PM   #4675
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 4wd Racer

I agree, I've been checking the Pro-Match website off and on, and only found one high-end pack starting at $71, plus assembly costs, which is on the higher end of price range, but no real option for lower priced entry level matched packs at all.

Iíve been ordering from Pro-Match for years, and it would be great if they would reconsider matching lower priced entry-level packs again (ROAR legal versions). I miss the days where we could get the GP-3300ís NiMh all over again, those were bulletproof and reliable cells, but probably arenít made any more, lol.

I still have those 3300ís, which I got for lower price range $35-45 then through Pro-Match, plus $5 for excellent impressive assembly by them. They still work great to this day in my 2wd, and I took it (yes, 3300) to a 2nd place finish with my 4wd at a big off-road race event in the past, where the rest of the racers were running lager capacity and not to mention heavier 4200+ NiMhís cells in their cars.

I'm not really interested in the higher end/priced packs approaching $80 right now, as lower priced entry level matched pack such as the GPís I mentioned above works fine especially when it comes to off-road racing applications. The voltage on those packs seems smoother and more controllable far as power delivery goes.

If Pro-Match would reconsider making Roar legal lower priced entry level packs again, in addition to their higher priced flag ship cells, that would be great for a lot of racers in my opinion.
4wd Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:13 AM   #4676
Tech Elite

i can tell you that promatch is all about the local scene. I have been running promatch for 4 years now and it wasn't until this year that I went to a national event.

Eric and Jeff will have packs on the website as soon as they have some to sell. Sub C cells are in short supply at the moment because of the IB problems. Almost all matchers just stopped matching the ib cells during the IIC timeframe. That put a big crunch on the only other cell on the market (EP). the last month or so there have been improvement in the EP cells as well which slowed the supply of those cells. At the same time there was cleveland and I know a few national off road and also oval races. All this combine creates a supply "issue". That is why you see SMC and Promatch bringing yet another cell company into the RC car scene.

Promatch is not out to just match "high end" packs. the majority of their sales are not in the high end packs.

just give it a couple more weeks and I am sure that the cell supply will ease off a little. I have some IBs that I got from the IIC and they all have dead cells already. I have not even called Erica to replace them because there really is not cell to do so. I think maybe in acouple, I will get some replacement. I hope.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 12-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #4677
Tech Fanatic

Are the new cell from SMC and Promatched roar legal? Can they be used at the Cactus Classic? I'm ready to order some but I need to know if they're legal.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #4678
Tech Elite

I don't beleive that they are currently roar legal. I know I saw that Danny was going to try and get roar to grant special approaval due to the lack of available cells. I have not heard if that has been done yet since this week will be the first week that the cells will be widely available.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #4679
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

PMRGirl you got PM
Old 12-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #4680
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

I just got my Ener-G cells today & they look killer, Thanks Pro-Match!!!!!
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote