R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #4501
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRGirl View Post
ASM- Hey now Just for that you need to check your next bill and see what happens to your pricing
Sweet, cheaper cells........I can't thank you enough. Certainly being that I'm one of "Jeff's" drivers, I'm glad you can finally get me under $80 for a pack! Get ready for a 10 pack order, baby!!

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #4502
Tech Regular

Default hmmm...

theisgroup- my job is never done

TL_XXX-S_racer- yes, call me tomorrow

ASM- Due to the rising cell prices we have had to lower some team members discounts
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #4503
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
theisgroup- my job is never done

TL_XXX-S_racer- yes, call me tomorrow

ASM- Due to the rising cell prices we have had to lower some team members discounts
Erika.. did you get my pm? my batteries are still naked without those labels.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #4504
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default order

Hello,

Just ordered two packs today (to be built in stick pack form)...How long is the turn around usually? First time ordering from your company.

thanks.
johntrickle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #4505
Tech Regular

Our turn around time is about a day. They should ship today or Friday at the latest.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:31 AM   #4506
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks, like it says, nobody does it better. The packs have so much juice.
desertraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #4507
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Our turn around time is about a day. They should ship today or Friday at the latest.
Very true...the packs arrived Wednesday! Thanks for the quick turnaround

John Christensen
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #4508
Tech Elite

PMRGirl: Scott posted a picture on our thread

of Peter, Scott and Joe the last time they were all

together racing at Pegasus, the end of May.

Thought you and Jeff might want to come on over

and have a look! Joe was done racing because Scott

hacked him!!!!

Judi
BanzaiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:06 AM   #4509
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Smart Tray II

Hi there

i know this os off topic a bit though it is a Pro-Match Racing branded Item..
I was wondering if these are ok for NiMH? and what votage do they cut off at? ie: 0.0V or 0.5V or 0.9V or likewise.. Could you please let me know as I do not wish to ruin my NiMH batts in them if they are incorrect....

Thankyou for your time

Darryl
Bigmandazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #4510
Tech Regular

Yes, Our Smart TrayII works with NI-MH cells. The lights go out at about .8v if you leave them in the tray it will take them to .5 which is too low so be sure to take them out just as soon as the lights go out.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:04 AM   #4511
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Pro-Match EP 4200's Rock! Scarey Good, I tell Ya!

This last weekend, I was whining about about my battery packs before a race. It so happened that Yang's car was messed up and he couldn't race. He was a really swell guy and loaned me 3 brand new Pro-Match EP 4200 packs. Here's my comments on these:

1. Becauses these were brand new packs (never charged/discharged/anything) I discharged to .9 volts. During this process I was amazed at how closely the cells hit .9v. Within a few seconds of each other. hmmm- this is a sign of good things to come.

2. Although I normally use a Spintec Individual Cell Charger, I used a normal charger to charge at 6.0 amps.. The cells were quiet! No burping, farting, belching (like my 4 month old non-EP4200's cells). I manually watched the voltage of indvidual cells and they were pretty dead even charging. They all appeared to peak together.

3. The cells ran great. Scarey good! Good punch.Dindn't drop off too much (1/10carpet/rubber tire).

4. I put the cells on a tray and boosted them to 30 amp discharge, 'til the first crossed .9v. Actually, I remember 4 cells hitting .9 within 2 seconds of each other, WOW!. After first triggered, I reset it to 2A discharge to equalize the pack. At 2 amps the cells hit .9 within 1 minute of each other, darn close!

5. Monday morning I called Erica at Pro-Match and placed my order for 4 packs. Pro-Matches EP4200's are what batteries should be....predictable!!! and it was obvious Pro-Match did a great job matching and prepping these packs. I look forward to my new packs and hope Yang has his car back in working order for the race in 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Mark Taylor
markf3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:16 AM   #4512
Tech Regular

Well another bad story tonight.. went club racing and another of the racers was 2 packs short because his 6 week old IB4200's are dead. One pack vented on charge and leaked on his work bench the other pack had a cell die. These were both matched by a big name matcher (who shall remain namless because i don't blame matchers for whats going on here) IB's are now widley frowned upon at my club and people are discussing alternatives

This was taken from another thread, I guess the EP are looking to be the next GEN for racers choice, the new version of the IB's should be better in that they don't vent as much but never tried the new IB's yet, any one tried them? and what is the out come?
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:21 AM   #4513
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf3x View Post
This last weekend, I was whining about about my battery packs before a race. It so happened that Yang's car was messed up and he couldn't race. He was a really swell guy and loaned me 3 brand new Pro-Match EP 4200 packs. Here's my comments on these:

1. Becauses these were brand new packs (never charged/discharged/anything) I discharged to .9 volts. During this process I was amazed at how closely the cells hit .9v. Within a few seconds of each other. hmmm- this is a sign of good things to come.

2. Although I normally use a Spintec Individual Cell Charger, I used a normal charger to charge at 6.0 amps.. The cells were quiet! No burping, farting, belching (like my 4 month old non-EP4200's cells). I manually watched the voltage of indvidual cells and they were pretty dead even charging. They all appeared to peak together.

3. The cells ran great. Scarey good! Good punch.Dindn't drop off too much (1/10carpet/rubber tire).

4. I put the cells on a tray and boosted them to 30 amp discharge, 'til the first crossed .9v. Actually, I remember 4 cells hitting .9 within 2 seconds of each other, WOW!. After first triggered, I reset it to 2A discharge to equalize the pack. At 2 amps the cells hit .9 within 1 minute of each other, darn close!

5. Monday morning I called Erica at Pro-Match and placed my order for 4 packs. Pro-Matches EP4200's are what batteries should be....predictable!!! and it was obvious Pro-Match did a great job matching and prepping these packs. I look forward to my new packs and hope Yang has his car back in working order for the race in 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Mark Taylor
Hey Mark,

maybe Erika and Jeff will change the tag line to "Promatch Batteries, Scary Fast!!!" lol

glad you like the cells. promatch has been good to me. [email protected] has the replacement parts in the mail to me. hopefully, they will fix the prob.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #4514
Tech Regular

Ramyuras- We will start matching the newest version of the IB's today. They are doing well in the machines and IB has really stepped up the quality.

theisgroup- It was really nice to talk to you yesterday. Hey I had a guy call and said he ran some of your batts this weekend and wanted numbers like yours...I hope you don't mind....I am sure I can scrape you up something by Vegas if not contact Mark he may have something for ya
Pro-Match Scary Fast and Scary FUNNY!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #4515
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

great

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote