R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #4471
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Well good to know it's the IB cells not Promatch! I hope lol!

I'll see what I get from the IB cells I'm getting from the local track matcher....

Should I just be looking at 3800 cells? we are running 7min. mains but just 5 min heats... and another guy I race w/ says he doesn't get any punch out of his 4200s like he does w/ his 3800 cells. He got crappy 4200s or is there something else I need to know!żż

later dudes... Off to the track for a little practice. we'll at 5 O'clock anyways!!
That's a good question...I still use my ProMatch 3800s and they still have plenty punch. I have to say i don't feel any MORE punch from 4200s but the power last longer through the run than the 3800s. It helps too that 3800s weigh less.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #4472
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN
That's a good question...I still use my ProMatch 3800s and they still have plenty punch. I have to say i don't feel any MORE punch from 4200s but the power last longer through the run than the 3800s. It helps too that 3800s weigh less.

"It helps too that 3800s weigh less"... you could be on to something...less weight should seem to have more punch.. i guess. 4200s are pretty freakn heavy! that has me caused me clearance issues on the carpet w/ ride height...
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
http://thunder.rc50.com/
SMC - Customer Service 2nd to None! (thanks Dan!!)
speedsterblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:23 AM   #4473
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsterblade
"It helps too that 3800s weigh less"... you could be on to something...less weight should seem to have more punch.. i guess. 4200s are pretty freakn heavy! that has me caused me clearance issues on the carpet w/ ride height...
speedsterblade: The "matching" issue is not a matching issue at all as previously stated. The IB's have proven to be very unstable at any point in their life span. It is a problem all matchers have experienced even if you didn't hear about it. I would hope that in the future if you have any issues at all you will please call and let us look into the problem instead of assuming we didn't do our job and match the cells correctly. I can assure you that Jeff takes extreme pride insuring that every product he sells is up to his high standards of quality and wants you the customer happy. We also thank you for using our batteries and look forward to hearing about your next win using ProMatch cells.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:33 AM   #4474
Tech Addict

Sorry if you took my comments as you not doing your job. I'm not bashing...I'm only sharing my experience...both good and bad.

Again, the service, price and performance of my packs are good...and would probably buy more pm packs based on that experience. ...just supprised I got so many weak cells. those damn ib4200 cells. We'll see how my local track matcher's luck is w/ those cells...
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #4475
Tech Regular

Default hmmm...

speedsterblade- sorry it took me so long to reply to your posts. Can you e-mail me your name and order info to [email protected] The "issues" you are having with your pack are characteristic to that generation of IB 4200's unfortunately. Is this issue something you saw right off the bat or was it not until 3-4 months of use on them? Again please e-mail me some info as I would like to talk with you about your problem pack.

promatchrcr- YO!

KMR- Trying not to but "work" just seems to keep sneaking up on me, lol. I am definately looking forward to this three day weekend!!!
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:04 PM   #4476
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

puh-leez.... pmrgirlrocks? LOL...

what's up E? --- long time no chat....

This past weekend your boy (you know who) whipped up on me pretty darned bad in both classes... otherwise things are all cool. Hope things are good for you!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #4477
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRGirl
speedsterblade- sorry it took me so long to reply to your posts. Can you e-mail me your name and order info to [email protected] The "issues" you are having with your pack are characteristic to that generation of IB 4200's unfortunately. Is this issue something you saw right off the bat or was it not until 3-4 months of use on them? Again please e-mail me some info as I would like to talk with you about your problem pack.

promatchrcr- YO!

KMR- Trying not to but "work" just seems to keep sneaking up on me, lol. I am definately looking forward to this three day weekend!!!

email sent. thanks.
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
Old 05-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #4478
Tech Regular

Default PUHLEEZ...

rctoyguy- well duh of course "my boy" spanked you why do you ask.....it's them PRO-MATCH RACING BATTERIES......not those duracells your runnin.
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #4479
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Erika,

i never received my new labels

- chris
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

Last edited by JasonP; 06-21-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #4480
ASM
Tech Master

PMRGirl posts

You know, you coulda told me about the special.........like yesterday....during our, what, 20min conversation! Do these specials apply to team drivers as well or is this a "GP" deal only? Oh, and.....you ROCK!!

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #4481
Tech Master

Go Team Dura-Cell!

Wish I had a good hook-up for some batteries... LOL
(for folks reading this that don't know, I also run PMR batts, would never run anything eles... I just got spanked by a REAL driver) there, I said it.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #4482
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

PMRGirl- nice coupon code! Wonder who came up with that one, Jeff? LOL SOrry I didn't call you back yesterday, I will catch up with you today.

rctoyguy- Don't be so hard on yourself, you won the main remember? Of course I stopped 3 times for you catch up and wound up being the ball getting bounced around then. LOL
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 PM   #4483
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Another Florida State Offroad Series race is in the books. We had almost 30 in stock buggy which is a record turnout for that class. I qualified 10th and finished 4th in the A. Stock truck I qualified 6th and finished 8th in the A. 4wd Mod is usually our smallest turnout. We did have a full heat with 10 entries. I qualified 8th and finished 6th in the A.

I ran both 4200 and 3800 packs this weekend. I would not say there is a huge difference in punch between the two. Also in 4 wheel I'm running brushless. The same 3800 pack gets run for both qualifiers and the main with no issues. Great performance as always from Pro-Match!
dzstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:12 AM   #4484
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KoE

is there any plan to re-introduce Fusion matched packs with their patented bars & soldering techniques or has it become the familiar buying-over and closing-down competitor approach?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #4485
ASM
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoE
is there any plan to re-introduce Fusion matched packs with their patented bars & soldering techniques or has it become the familiar buying-over and closing-down competitor approach?
Fusion doesn't exist anymore and I can't see why they would re-introduce Fusion's matching process.

However Pro-Match has been using a very similar soldering process for quite awhile now. They now own the patent of Fusion's soldering process and was part of the reason for the purchase of Fusion. Hope that helps.

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote