R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #4456
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower
Many Thanks in advance!
max.. your car looked good today. must be nice to have consistent power huh?

i'll see you and timmy at next week's Tamiya Fun Race
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #4457
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

I'd like to thank pro-match for the EP batteries which helped propel me to TQ and win the a-main in Stock class in FSEARA. Consistant power the whole race, and led every lap.
Thanks pro-match.

P.S Erika, I'm going to need some new batteries for my 19T, car and some new powerful cells for the nationals in Washington.
I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Chris

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #4458
Tech Regular

Just to let you know, after 7 years of being out of racing, I finally got back into it. I took my 7+yr old Pro-match battiers that Jeff gave me for Cactus Classic and charged them right up. Some were even sitting in my Pro-Match 2 discharge tray still after all this time. They all charged right up on my Tekin B112C. I got this 4.5 brushless I need to tame, and with my old trusty Pro-Match Sanyo 2000 cells it does just that. These are not as good obviously as the newer cells out there, but for as old as they are, they still perform damn good. They still are good for something after all these years. What happened to good reliable cells. It seems these newer cells are a lot more iffy than the older cells from the past. The performance is great, but they just don't seem to last as long. I'm glad it's getting better though.
silence360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #4459
Tech Apprentice

@Silence,

Welcome back and a small warning, if you order the new ProMatch EP4200, be gentle on the throttle.....they really rock!!

greetz,

Eric
Ericjooopuntnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 AM   #4460
Tech Adept

Just want to know, Pro-match going to start doing the new IB's? because my EP's die this weekend, I don't know what happen but when I got them new the cell were just fine and week after week my runtime went down every week and the cell's just don't do what they did when I got them four weeks ago, is there anyone with the same problem?
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #4461
Tech Regular

Default general......info

Chris- AWESOME JOB!!! GREAT RACING You are moving up quickly and putting the heat those guys, good job!!

Mutabarucka- e-mail [email protected] me your name and some history on your batts (ie: how old they are, maintenance routines etc) and lets see what we can come up with.
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 AM   #4462
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn17

I just bought a few Pro-Match IB4200's and they are the best thing I have ever bought for my XXX-T. Here are a few prop's for Pro-Match I also have some GP3300's (Pro-match) I got them used when I 1st started racing and I dead shorted them many time's(on accident) and out of 3 pack's only 2 cell's have ever went out and they where about 2 1/2-3 year's old, and had been very abused the hole time I had them
shawn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #4463
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRGirl
Chris- AWESOME JOB!!! GREAT RACING You are moving up quickly and putting the heat those guys, good job!!

Mutabarucka- e-mail [email protected] me your name and some history on your batts (ie: how old they are, maintenance routines etc) and lets see what we can come up with.
The packs I have is not from Pro-match they are from another matcher but the reason I ask on this thread is because most racers that use the EP's are on here, the packs are about 5 weeks old, these are 4 cell and I charge at 6 amp after racing discharge to .09v which is 3.60v per pack, I only race one pack per race each qualifing, when I go home I will about 400mh back in for the next weekend, before racing I would discharge at 35amp to .09v and then eq the pack before charging, and there is when I notice that the charging cap keep going down every week I charge, hope this is enough info.

Thanks
Mutabarucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #4464
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

whats the run-time to begin with Cause i know the pro-match packs have plenty of run time.
I've had a couple of IB4200's that ive had for about 4months, and their numbers are still pretty high compared to when i first got them. I usually, race every 2 weeks, and I put about 5-10 of charge between the weekends. Then i discharge at 30amp and then equalize each pack. Ive heard alot of good things about the pulse 30 amp discharging method. It keeps the temp of the pack low, and helps keep the run-time last longer. I havent tried it, nor do i have the money to spend to buy one of them :P
I'd say try contacting ur battery company and talk to them directly.
Another thing you can do is go to pro-match packs. they're awsome and you'll never go back to another company.

Hope this helps
chris

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #4465
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

besides Rod C... who else will be representing Promatch at the Reedy race?

erika.. can i make a special request? im gonna need some stickers. (of a specific color) to match my new paint scheme
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #4466
KMR
Tech Fanatic

PMRGirl,
Hows it going? Dont work to hard

Team Associated - Reedy - LRP - SRS - BC1 - CH
KMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #4467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
besides Rod C... who else will be representing Promatch at the Reedy race?

erika.. can i make a special request? im gonna need some stickers. (of a specific color) to match my new paint scheme
I'll be running my new ProMatch IBs
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #4468
Tech Addict

new to racing and don't claim to be any battery matching expert but here's my experience w/ the promatch wc 1.24v ib4200 6cell packs i got about 3-4 months ago.

they are strong, good punch. I've had good results/performance running tc stock & 2wd buggy brushless 10.5 but 2 of the 3 packs I bought... I have 2 cells in 2 packs that are no where near 'matched'. to explain. I have 2 cells that get fully charged (heat up and will vent if they get hotter than 102ish degrees) The temp on the other 4 cells are still like 85-90degress when these are full and/or vent. So I took all the 'weak' cells that charge up quicker and put them in one pack. that has helped even out the charging across the cells/pack. i had some old/used matched packs (smc2000, pan3000) that came w/ a used car I bought. I can tell those have been used and used and used..but still are more closely matched than 2 of the 3 pro match packs I bought.

I'm not trying to bash I'm just sharing my experience. I've been happy with the service and love that they build them for me fairly cheap.

these are the only (new) matched packs I've ever had and I think they are strong I just was expecting better matching... 1 out 3 aint bad? lol. guess I got some duds?

Before any one asks...I use a novak smart tray discharger and the superbrain 989 charger which has a temp sensor/cutoff. Of course I discharge to .9 per cell and charge them at 6.5 amps. the 'weak' cells will vent at around 101-102 degrees. the 3rd pack I got is pretty evenly matched and of course is my 'main' pack...granted i expected to have 3 'main' packs! lol.

I need to further 'rematch' my packs to get a better/even charge to all cells...which is a pita for me. I'm going to try out some matched 1.24v packs from the local track matcher soon...

but I did get stickers w/ every pack!
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
http://thunder.rc50.com/
SMC - Customer Service 2nd to None! (thanks Dan!!)
speedsterblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #4469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I feel your pain. I've had a lot of problems too but the issue isn't with Promatch, it's with the batteries. The IBs have been very touchy cells. I have batts from three different matchers and have had the same problem with all of them. I have cells that just go dead for no apparent reason. IB is suposed to be working on the problem. Promatch has a new batch of IBs that are supposed to be more durable. I just bought some and will be testing them out this weekend. I'll post some feedback next week.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #4470
Tech Addict

Well good to know it's the IB cells not Promatch! I hope lol!

I'll see what I get from the IB cells I'm getting from the local track matcher....

Should I just be looking at 3800 cells? we are running 7min. mains but just 5 min heats... and another guy I race w/ says he doesn't get any punch out of his 4200s like he does w/ his 3800 cells. He got crappy 4200s or is there something else I need to know!żż

later dudes... Off to the track for a little practice. we'll at 5 O'clock anyways!!
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
http://thunder.rc50.com/
SMC - Customer Service 2nd to None! (thanks Dan!!)
speedsterblade is offline   Reply With Quote